Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #48: Crisis Gameplay Video

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We're dead inside.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Alpha Protocol or VTMB didnt have any narration or walls of text but still some of the best dialogues in the genre. Its all about QUALITY people.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Oh no. Please, don't be another W2. W2, PoE and now this. Please, don't suck.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Writing in VTMB is nothing special, everyone is a walking stereotype. It's salvaged by the high quality voice acting.

That was over ten years ago. And then there's Dead State.
I hope all the writing on the dead state demo was placeholder. Shit was painful.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm trying to find that interview (I think it was an interview?) where somebody provided a list of the writers who are actually working on the game on a regular basis.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Like 12 of them?

Yeah, actually. PS:T had like 10 for example.

The entire idea that there'd be some ego clashing and people pulling in different directions is idiotic. The work is chopped up and separated, they don't even have opportunity to clash because they don't actually work together. That, and they hired all the celebrity writers to write some side content, while bulk of actual game is made by CmCC and rest of in-house staff.

You're welcome.

Athelas

Arcane
The work is chopped up and separated, they don't even have opportunity to clash because they don't actually work together.
Uh, shouldn't this be a reason to be worried instead of listing it as a positive? :?

That, and they hired all the celebrity writers to write some side content,
I wouldn't describe the companions in this type of game as side content.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Uh, shouldn't this be a reason to be worried instead of listing it as a positive? :?

No, because that's how it always works. Lead passes down assigments with a set of guidelines, and the team works on them seperately. There's no Mitsoda peaking over people shoulders and yelling to use a different adjective.

I wouldn't describe the companions in this type of game as side content.

I meant side content as in there's small amount of it. You didn't really think they can afford to have Rothfuss on staff around the clock, did you?

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Videogames are not books. They are a collaborative effort, Colin mentioned how all the text is double checked for style consistency. Its a god damn videogame. I just hope choice remains high throughout the game without compromising its length. Its great to have little elements amidst combat like that, characters running away, betrayal, dialogue in combat is a pretty nice touch as well.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
If I remember correctly, a lot of the extra writers did not touch dialogue, that lies down to a core team of a few people. They only did companion and area design. (This could be totally wrong so someone please find the right info.)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Alpha Protocol or VTMB didnt have any narration or walls of text but still some of the best dialogues in the genre.
I closed the game in the beginning when some general or some shit started talking to you (a soldier) like his speech was written by a girl (was this Avellone at work?). Nobody in the military talks like that. Shit dialogues.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh no. Please, don't be another W2. W2, PoE and now this. Please, don't suck.

Someone that joined a few months ago, never backed anything in his life, stumbled onto the torrents of these games a while back when looking for the latest hacked version of Diablo III, and then heard about the Codex due to tranny memes, is now trying to garner as many KKK's as possible is as short a time.

Have a cookie for effort my good man!
trace_meme___have_a_cookie_by_aphrodisiaque-d37gvpp.jpg

GloomFrost

Arcane
I closed the game in the beginning when some general or some shit started talking to you (a soldier) like his speech was written by a girl (was this Avellone at work?). Nobody in the military talks like that. Shit dialogues.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. You should have also stopped playing PS:T after the first dialogue with Morte because no flying skull talks like that. Shit dialogues.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Someone that joined a few months ago, never backed anything in his life, stumbled onto the torrents of these games a while back when looking for the latest hacked version of Diablo III, and then heard about the Codex due to tranny memes, is now trying to garner as many KKK's as possible is as short a time.

Hahahahha. Nope, not even close. It is more like: spend unreasonable time playing PnP and console RPGs as teenager. Stop playing, and move on to do other stuff. Discover years later that there is a thing called cRPGs and games such as BG2, FO, PS, etc. – I didn’t have a computer as a teenager. Played them until the eyes bleed. Starting reading and playing more games. Discovered the Codex, learned about the decline and kickstarter. Read a lot of posts. Didn’t back, but bought some kickstarter games (including W2 and PoE) after release. Wasted a good money buying these games.

Do you think I care if some of you have this delusion that only people who waste a lot of money on kickstarter can express an opinion about a game? LOLLOLOL Think again! And by the way, the Diablo series sucks.

Last edited:

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Discovered the Codex, learned about the decline and kickstarter. Read a lot of posts. Didn’t back, but bought some kickstarter games (including W2 and PoE) after release. Wasted a good money buying these games.

Did you not read the codex reviews/comments beforehand?
(That said, VD gave a far too positive review for WL2; Darth Roxor's comment was much more critical -as it needed to be, imo- but easily missed in the brofist circlejerk that followed immediately after the review. So I can understand the mistake there.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nothing in this world can convince me that bethesda so called games had more than one writer (who is a 5 year old retard btw). NOTHING!!
And even that writer is older than whoever wrote Diablo 3 story and dialogues.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Nah, what happens is the people who liked it move on with their lives, leaving only the embittered.

For the codexian voice of the casual rands, you're not much of a casual rand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom