Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #48: Crisis Gameplay Video

Athelas

Arcane
I bet Mastroego must be Feeling really Dumb right about Now.

mastroego

Arcane
I appreciate a Developer giving a Sensible Answer
[yeah thanks for interjecting ksaun but LoL at the immediate "Infinitron brofists", like, LoL]
but that doesn't placate the Implacable Feeling of Attempted Coolness I get from the Announcement.
[No, I'm not saying that Everything is Shit, Yet]

tdphys

Learned
xybMh56.png
dyslexia has its privileges

Shammy

Learned
Loving what I see so far, glad to see they're really honing in on hand crafted encounters instead of just throwing NPCs at you. Also not a fan of the UI but hey, that's why it's a placeholder and not finalized yet.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It's a shame with all the critical comments about the WORK-IN-PROGRESS-TOTALLY-PRE-MEGA-ALPHA-NOT-FINISHED UI and other stuff.

Everything is set in stone now, too far in development.

If only they had more time, man ! .. :(

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's a shame with all the critical comments about the WORK-IN-PROGRESS-TOTALLY-PRE-MEGA-ALPHA-NOT-FINISHED UI and other stuff.

Don't be dense. They make shit public to collect player feedback in the first place.

When things are work-in-progress is the time to criticize them, because what's the logic of pointing out what needs to be changed when it won't change anymore?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Well, the UI is pretty painful. I am not sure why they picked it to start with. That being said, I hope they also fix the character pathing/movement by beta.

mzl.eolwbtyl.480x480-75.jpg

tdphys

Learned
I'd really like to know what plagues the pathing in the "eternity" engine... is it just general Unity crappiness? I know POE devs were complaining about navmap stuff... but really.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Don't be dense. They make shit public to collect player feedback in the first place.

When things are work-in-progress is the time to criticize them, because what's the logic of pointing out what needs to be changed when it won't change anymore?

My point was, that people always tend to over dramatize how shitty something is, and forgetting that things are in fact, just very very early W-I-P and are more than likely subject to change. Regardless of feedback or not.

It's unlikely that the game will turn out MEGA SHITTERZZ if they don't collect all that "preciouss precciouss" codex arm-chair knowledge about game development ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's not likely the game will turn out MEGA SHITTERZZ if they don't collect all that "preciouss precciouss" codex arm-chair knowledge about game development ;D
It's not "armchair development" but speaking from experience with RPGs. If you can't understand how valuable it is to validate things with knowledgeable people who are outside development you're a hopeless cretin.

Ulrox

Arbiter
Conversation choices looks good, it being turn based is good, first impressions of music is awesome.

Overall I'm pretty optimistic.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm all shaking in excitement.

And people who whine about the UI, like it even matters? The game is about something else entirely. And the UI will be moddable, so who gives a fuck? Anyway, I could play a good Torment game with UI made out of ascii. You whine too much.

Also, it literally says "Temporary UI" at the beginning of the video.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm all shaking in excitement.

And people who whine about the UI, like it even matters? The game is about something else entirely. And the UI will be moddable, so who gives a fuck? Anyway, I could play a good Torment game with UI made out of ascii. You whine too much.

Also, it literally says "Temporary UI" at the beginning of the video.
Not this shit again.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Narrative descriptions in dialogue. Just like pillars of eternity. But here it's going to be alright because it's turn based and fargo, and you faggots slurp it all up.

hia1cAn.png

You're all in for a pleasant surprise.

mastroego

Arcane
What I actually think will happen is that we will get a decent_to_good game.
I do spot the markings of "trying too hard", so I don't think it can really be another Torment.
But a good game, that's entirely possible.

Also I don't expect PoE levels of drama here (could be wrong) since there's no Sawyer, nor another so despised divisive developer involved.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Jaesun Brofist this. :lol: They're happy they slapped those adhoms under my name!

I'm sure this will live up to the high standards for quality games we have come to expect from the masters at InXile

The team making Torment is pretty different from the guys who made WL2 and others. Also keep in mind, WL2 is pretty well liked on this site, looking at the polls.

Your sarcasm is unwarranted.

Have a good day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom