Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #48: Crisis Gameplay Video

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I also hope this whole area is placeholder, since it looks like a clusterfuck :
I think it's supposed to look like a clusterfuck. 9th world etc.

Copper

Savant
Consider your implacable sense of dread at Torment's writing style payback for generations of academic German language-crimes against English, Bubbles.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That area looks like Final Fantasy meets Grandia meets whatever other "futuristic fantasy" RPG you can think of. A bit too cramped though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think it's supposed to look like a clusterfuck. 9th world etc.
Oh, I'm not very familiar with the worlds. The 9th world is some kind of cosmic garbage bin then? Even so, they could do a better job. And those force-fields look like ass.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Screw you guys, I'm pretty hyped for this game and this video did nothing to decrease that; did quite the opposite in fact. Think it looks good too.
:hype:

Also, afaik the first cRPG where conversation can actually be (re-)initiated after the npc's have been turned from 'neutral' to 'hostile', yet you somehow choose to complain over the correct amount of time which would need to pass for the usage of a word... and graphics.
:negative:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Consider your implacable sense of dread at Torment's writing style payback for generations of academic German language-crimes against English, Bubbles.

Thanks for reminding me that the same "sense of unease" is described as "waves of dread" a paragraph later. That's also a bit odd, I think.

V_K

Arcane
With this amount of scripting, I wonder if it'll be about as short as the original SRR.

Also, afaik the first cRPG where conversation can actually be (re-)initiated after the npc's have been turned from 'neutral' to 'hostile'
Quite a few games let you speak with enemies. Battlespire, for example.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I like the art. It goes a bit overboard in this are with the whole, "look how alium everything looks", yeah it kinda looks like septerra Core( nice game btw), which was western game mixing eastern jrpg sci fi stuff. Not a perfect game, but I put it up there in my jrpg list along with Breath of Fire 4 for the looks alone.

But hey its fucking difficult to be subtle in videogames UNLESS you happen have a great artist behind the design. Just like Larian happened to have such a great composer may God rest his soul.

If they wanted to go the whole Moebius style they could look at Panzer Dragoon series, which had art from Jean Giraud and nailed the million years in the future exotic sci fi jazz, huge strange bio cybernetic creatures shooting beam lasers, mysterious towers, steampunk empires straight out of Studios Gihibli, was great. And Monte creams himself over the look and I cant blame him, Jean was an incredibly influential artist.
d445b3c6f3acd5fe80d2f92978cef92c.jpg

Nevertheless I like what I am seeing because I am so tired of High Fantasy. Lets hope the story carries it.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Yes. Exactly.

What is this? 1992?

You know what I would love to be first person as well. With somehow leaving the character and going turn based.
But calling on Fallout 4 is a poor troll attempt. Playing Fallout 3 was like watching grass grow.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
First person? wut? How bout, are the quests going to be good, will the story be good and are the environments interesting.
Hopefully combat is good, but combat was not a strength of Planescape.
All that said, the horrible colour palette for the GUI needs to go lol. Fluro orange?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Was anyone else bothered by the shadows? Clearly all of the characters were floating on air.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom