Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #35: Stretch goal funding period extended, Adam Heine novella released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Heine; Brother None; InXile Entertainment; Torment: Tides of Numenera

As you've probably heard, the fundraiser for the Gullet stretch goal in Torment: Tides of Numenera failed to reach its target on time. Although it seemed at first that it was gone for good, a surprise Kickstarter update today has announced that funding will be extended until the end of October. In addition to that, the update reports that Adam Heine's From the Depths: Gold, the first of Torment's five novellas based on the metaphysical Tides, has been released and is available now. I quote:

Hi, Thomas here. I'd like to start out today's update with a huge "thank you!" for the immense outpouring of support we received for our stretch goal to add the Gullet into the game. We received some incredibly generous pledges from many backers, including an anonymous donor ($1665), Pookie ($1271), Najiok ($900), Hiro Protagonist ($750) and even a pair of $750 pledges from our very own Colin McComb and Kevin Saunders.

Unfortunately, we fell somewhat short of our goal (about 15%, or $35,000) to see the Gullet added to the final game. However, we did not want to see this great effort of yours go for naught, and we also realized based on comments about this stretch goal as it closed that awareness had not spread widely enough. Some people suggested extending the deadline, in part to allow word to spread to where it didn't before.

So, we're moving the stretch goal deadline for the Gullet to the end of Friday, October 31. Just over $30,000 to go!

Coincidentally this is also when we will be closing a number of add-ons from our Kickstarter period. So while new backers are more than welcome you may also want to consider some of our add-on options! And to remind everyone: please specify your add-ons by Friday, October 31!

From the Depths: Gold Released

We've released the first of our From the Depths novellas. If you need a refresher: the From the Depths stories are a series of novellas being written by people involved in Torment: Tides of Numenera and Numenera itself. While not required reading to play, they provide a richer understanding of the Torment world and characters as well as the Tides.

If the Digital Novella Compilation was part of your Tier, or if you pledged for the $15 add-on, then you can retrieve Adam's novella it RIGHT NOW at our site. It's available DRM-free in all the most common eBook formats (epub, mobi, azw3, and PDF).

The first one we're releasing is written by our Design Lead Adam Heine, and set in Ossiphagan – which was the subject of the lore piece in update 34. It is one of the five From the Depths novellas that give specific insights into the nature of the Tides, with Adam's focusing on the Gold Tide.
Check out the full update for an excerpt from the novella. I guess the idea is that if people like what they see, they'll go ahead and buy it right now.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I would like to pledge whatever additional money is necessary to 'upgrade' my pledge from the Loremaster (WL2) version to get physical assets from the Physical collecotr's edition. Unfortunately, there is no option other than to drop another $145 on it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
As Luthiya watched, the magma changed color from red, to orange, to gold. The wights rose into the air and a tower of golden magma rose out of the river with them. She gasped. How is that even possible?

The magma continued to rise. Some of the wights remained at the base, coaxing more magma into the tower, while others guided it toward the cavernous ceiling. Finally they reached the roof where a smaller circle of wights had formed and was molding the magma into the ceiling itself.

Luthiya wasn't sure when it changed, but the magma became a shimmering black, a pillar of twisted glass that hadn’'t been there before. "Like the chantry," she said in awe.

gCUPDBq.jpg

dukeofwhales

Cipher
my credit cards are on a billing cycle based on when I activated the card, not the first of the month

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So um
was 'Ama' an incarnation of the Changing God?
I suppose so.

So the Changing God wanted to use the thing that the protagonist ended up 'unlocking' and being inside/a part of as a permanent body/host perhaps?

It seemed to do more that just move her 'soul'/'being' to it though, as her attitude changed. Some kind of joint consciousness I guess.

I would like to pledge whatever additional money is necessary to 'upgrade' my pledge from the Loremaster (WL2) version to get physical assets from the Physical collecotr's edition. Unfortunately, there is no option other than to drop another $145 on it.

You can now pledge a custom amount of money

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So um
was 'Ama' an incarnation of the Changing God?
I suppose so.

So the Changing God wanted to use the thing that the protagonist ended up 'unlocking' and being inside/a part of as a permanent body/host perhaps?

It seemed to do more that just move her 'soul'/'being' to it though, as her attitude changed. Some kind of joint consciousness I guess.
I think so. I'm going to read it again just in case I missed something but
It seemed to me that when she activated the urlimnion became an elemental, she turned into a 'higher'/more complex being and her human feelings/consciousness were sort of subdued which is why she didn't feel any sadness or was bothered when that guy she was crushing on couldn't see her anymore.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading this novella.
Adam Heine
:brodex:

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

The problem is I can't revoke my current tier because I have used the WL2 key.

You can get some of those things using addons.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Contact us at support@inxile.net, it should be possible to get you moved over to a new tier provided it has Wasteland 2 so we can sub in your old game key with your new reward. Though, if it does not come with Wasteland 2, that may be a problem.

Ideally in the future we will have some sort of "upgrade" reward button somewhere for that situation.

Thanks I will contact support. Ideally Sea, make any reward available Ala carte for an appropriate price.

throwaway

Cipher
Contact us at support@inxile.net, it should be possible to get you moved over to a new tier provided it has Wasteland 2 so we can sub in your old game key with your new reward. Though, if it does not come with Wasteland 2, that may be a problem.

Ideally in the future we will have some sort of "upgrade" reward button somewhere for that situation.
Hey sea, since you're around would you mind answering:
Will upgrading from a mere pleb digital edition to a physical one be impossible after the end of the month?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great that the funding was extended - the game should have no problem reaching the goal right now. :thumbsup:

I wanted to upgrade but realised my tier has everything I want from this game, apart from alpha/beta access. And I am not even sure I want to have alpha/beta acess, because I would prefer to get into the game spoiler-free... Also, no money at the moment, so this is pointless purely speculative.

throwaway

Cipher
Tweak the database to show the campaing was successful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom