Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #33: Surprise Gameplay Video!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Torment: Tides of Numenera

In a shocking twist, inXile have released another Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter update less than 12 hours after the previous one. In a further twist, rather than being a screenshot update as we were led to believe, they decided to upload a full-blown gameplay video! Watch as the Last Castoff and his companion the Cold Calculating Jack, whose name is revealed for the first time to be Matkina, explore the mysterious Bloom:

The game looks great, and is very obviously based on Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity tech, although the character movement has a less abstract, more contemporary simulated style. The dialogue in particular looks fantastic and very Tormenty. I can definitely see inXile raising that stretch goal money now!

Tigranes

Arcane
Looks fucking good. Wish the texture quality would be a bit better, but the general 'feel' of it is very nice.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Looks better than PE. I backed the wrong kickstarter. The last part of it was unneeded arrogant retartet bullshit though.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks very nice, but it seems that they changed the story a little bit (based on the other update). Not a bad thing, but I did not expect that.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
the way they have weight and have to stop on their heels when they switch directions is a really nice touch for an IE-style game.

and doing a job for someone then demanding that he allow himself to be devoured in payment is very Tormenty. I like it.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
ok, in PoE i don't "feel" the IE atmosphere, but this video definitely gives me a torment-y vibe...

lurker3000

Arcane
So... I haven't been following this much but want this the game that had the TB vs RTwP vote last year? Who won?

xemous

Arcane
wow..

this looks worse than wasteland2

how the hell did they manage that? LOL

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
2085.jpg

UnknownBro

Savant
The best thing about the video is they copy-pasted Toment's UI!!! Good job InXile!!!

:not sarcasm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom