Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #2: Stretch Goals

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Had to turn down the speakers because I get sick of that Hag wailing and wailing and wailing.

Me too. OHMYGOD just thinking about that makes me: :rage:

jewboy

Arbiter
I don't think inXile should be hiring Dragon Age designers for any reason. The next stretch goal should be firing Evans before he can put his equivalent of the Skein into T2. It's true about trash mobs in the skein. It was all trash mobs, but that's all DA designers know how to do.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think inXile should be hiring Dragon Age designers for any reason. The next stretch goal should be firing Evans before he can put his equivalent of the Skein into T2.
He's the perfect biotard bait. Beside, let's give him a chance of redemption.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bite off the bone, suck the marrow! BITE OFF THE BONE SUCK THE MARROW

Where've you gone, my son, my son? Gone to rot in the sun, the sun? Please come back, my son, my son... KILL THEM ALL ONE BY ONE BY ONE

OH MY LOVE MY LOVE. Your flesh stuck in my teeth, MY LOVE! You were too salty, too salty, my love. When I belch, I still smell your sweet perfume. My love...

Sleep... Sleeep SLEEEEP SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
user defined stretch goals I find worth mentioning:

- mounts (there will be loads of exotic creatures, I wanna sit on em)

- base of operations (suggestions include airship and submarine :lol:)

- continuity between TToN and possible sequel with different endings/ beginnings (think Wizardry)

- a codex, either digital or physical (I guess in PS:T tradition there will be a voluminous journal)

- companions share opinions/ insights on items and other artifacts (unlocking more powers as you discover them)

- Harlots, Harlots Everywhere (just kidding)

- get Guido Henkel on board (k enough with the joking)

- alignment with Tides should affect a character's stats and appearence [more] (my idea)

Granted, the are 'considering' a number of these (interestingly they're also considering weather effects, which isn't high up on the priority list of either storyfags or combatfags, I think).

Their stretch goals:

2m: moar writers, moar novellas, new area, new (odd) companion

2,5m: moar writers, moar novellas, new area, new (probably odd) companion

:x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bite off the bone, suck the marrow! BITE OFF THE BONE SUCK THE MARROW

Where've you gone, my son, my son? Gone to rot in the sun, the sun? Please come back, my son, my son... KILL THEM ALL ONE BY ONE BY ONE

OH MY LOVE MY LOVE. Your flesh stuck in my teeth, MY LOVE! You were too salty, too salty, my love. When I belch, I still smell your sweet perfume. My love...

Sleep... Sleeep SLEEEEP SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I actually liked that. It really freaked me out the first time playing through there.

jewboy

Arbiter
Sacred Path said:
- alignment with Tides should affect a character's stats and appearence [more] (my idea)

What is your justification for a different philosophy changing your appearance? IMHO that is fucking moronic. And your stats changing based on your philosophical beliefs also seems like a bad idea.

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
What is your justification for a different philosophy changing your appearance? IMHO that is fucking moronic.
if Tides = moronic DnD alignments, then yes. If they are THINGAMAJIKS, then why not? (note the game is called Tides of Numenera, so they fucking better be more than a simpleton's mental map)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
BN, will the digital strategy guide be available in the physical tiers as well? Because some stuff (like the digital Numenera books) aren't. Also, what happens if I donate on PayPal with the same address I did on Kickstarter to get another tier? XPLODE??
Two donations like that should be fine. Digital strategy guide is going to all tiers above $28, digital and physical.

Yeah Colin has a good personality to do these videos.
Hear that, CMcC ? Do more videos!
(spoiler: Colin does not enjoy doing videos)

jewboy

Arbiter
So 'why not' is your justification for wasting development time that could be used for other things on changing the character's appearance based on their beliefs/behavior?

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
So... when will we have our 2D backgrounds stretch?

I'm pretty sure that closer to the end of campaign they would announce some uber high stretch for MCA. I just feel it, 'cause all these talks about his extreme busyness smell like hype.

Not really sure how to feel about it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Two donations like that should be fine. Digital strategy guide is going to all tiers above $28, digital and physical.

Thanks. You'll likely have more of my money soon. :mad:

Also, did you send an update about this Kickstarter to the W2 PayPal backers? I usually get the W2 updates, but I don't think I got this one.

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
So 'why not' is your justification for wasting development time that could be used for other things on changing the character's appearance based on their beliefs/behavior?

used for other things = moar writing, moar novellas? :thumbsup:

the appearance thing is mostly optional and only half of the idea (although one I like :()

hiver

vbcVy9V.jpg

jewboy

Arbiter
For a PS:T remake, yes, moar writers means more story, and, assuming the writing doesn't suck, that is a good thing in a storyfag oriented game like this. Now it sounds like your justification is 'because they have nothing better to do'. That's pretty weak. There are lots of worthwhile things they can be spending time and money on. Hell, even better looking graphics. Mind if I ask what the payoff of your appearance correlating with your beliefs/actions is supposed to be? I played Fable and I hated that aspect of the game.

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
Mind if I ask why you deplored it in Fable (and it therefore must suck in every game)?

A character's decisions/ lifestyle/ stats are so rarely reflected in their appearance (aside from LARPing things like choosing your av to be enormously tall and fat signifying high strength). :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A mount and a stronghold in a Torment game? FFS man, just wait for Project Eternity.

jewboy

Arbiter
The point is why should it affect their appearance? What is the mechanic of it even? It's totally implausible in every way. It also doesn't achieve anything. At best it is utterly pointless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom