Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter media blitz begins: Campaign to launch on March 6th, Chris Avellone endorses

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We all know how much bad combat didnt bother anyone in PST, amirite?
for fuck sake...

People are trying to pre-emptively tone that possibility down - by actively advocating that combat should be removed or made shitty.
Get a fucking grip people!

Storytelling in games

Colin just tried to get Patrick Rothfuss (who is a true bro!) to write for Torment!
haha! Yes! Stretch goal! Good idea! Get him! Get him!

Yeah, Patrick was awesome. Colin and Jormwald were decent, and Veronica was stupid. The Belmont girl is fine when she does tech or book stuff, but she's only capable of generic responses while talking games.

hiver

Nah, she was alright. She is mass market material. Not everyone needs to be codex level of hard core.

Quite decent as a representative of "other angle".
Imagine fucking Todd or his sidekick there, or fucks from eaware.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
And we're live

Oh, I know they're fucked. Which is why I think they should just do one game, rather than risk two - and sack people when they don't have work for them.
'k.

Brother None, any comments?
Sounds like a totally sustainable business model.

Brother None, will there be a paypal option up soon? Maybe even soon enough to catch some of those early bird specials? There are some of us that can't use kickstarter you know.
I don't think we'll do Paypal until the minimum is hit, but I think most early birds will outlast that. Problem with offering Paypal before the minimum is hit is you can't guarantee a game yet, so you can't really take people's money.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I don't think we'll do Paypal until the minimum is hit, but I think most early birds will outlast that. Problem with offering Paypal before the minimum is hit is you can't guarantee a game yet, so you can't really take people's money.

Well then people need to start throwing that money at their screens faster

hiver

LeStryfe79

:eye twitch:

Youre..talkin .. to me? Are you - talking to me?

:Stare:

Youre calling me... a ...a... white knight? Me? ...Arthur fucking Dayne?

:x :x :x
rrraaarrrghh!

/
just kidding. Ill kill you all later.

Oesophagus

Arcane
R2hC61s.jpg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
As somebody with business management experience, I trust you're aware of the implications of a game developer "focusing on one game"?
Just as I trust you're aware of the implications of a game developer working on two high profile games (that simply must be of the highest quality possible) at the same time.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm guessing this will get funded within 24 hours. Already nearing $50K and it's been live for less than 30 minutes. :)

Stabwound

Arcane
Holy shit. I haven't been keeping up with this project, but the description of the game in the KS video is awesome. I love unique universes and stories this sounds really intriguing. I for one am thankful that D&D and Forgotten Realms fell from grace; I think I would puke if I had to play another game in that setting.

At the very least this should be a good storyfag game. :incline:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The Kickstarter page is pretty fucking awesome though. The best I've seen. :thumbs up:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Just as I trust you're aware of the implications of a game developer working on two high profile games (that simply must be of the highest quality possible) at the same time.

Yes, it means they can naturally roll over into the next project without delays and unnecessary layoffs. inXile works with a 1.5 team model, with pre-production of the second project happening when full production of the first project is full steam ahead. This is how Interplay used to work too. It's how Obsidian works too. It's how pretty much everyone works, 'cept for companies that enjoy laying off almost their entire staff between projects.

Anyway uh, back to the grind!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, right, and who's that secret developer McComb mentioned here on the Codex? Still secret?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom