Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nightdive Studios, SNEG, Ziggurat, Piko Interactive and others rereleasing classic games

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I didn't know that Retroism has launched their own store: http://retroism.com/

They're selling their own re-releases and...a new title like Neptuina. Looks like Retroism (or Tommo) is somewhat involved with PC release of Neptunia, huh.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
http://af.gog.com/game/terra_nova_strike_force_centauri?as=1649904300

:desu: Does this mean other LGS games might be on the way, including System Shock 1?

Most of them are on there already: Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, Thief 1 and 2, System Shock 2, and now Terra Nova. That leaves System Shock 1, Flight Unlimited I, II, and III, and British Open Golf, and then some port jobs they did for consoles, which obviously aren't going to be on a PC game site. The Flight Unlimited games are very cool general aviation sims, particularly II and III which can link their content together, but to be honest, aside from SS1, everything that LGS was known for is already available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello Larry,

I have removed the download of System Shock Portable, into which a whole community including myself have invested years of work.
This game was once created by a bunch of extremely smart people in Boston who favoured individual thinking and personal skills over capitalism and following the rules. Have you played it?

The laws that you are using now to make money from their and our work were once put in place to protect creative workers and those who invested in their endeavours to ensure that they get paid.
But your company never created anything. "Night Dive" is just a device to misuse the legal system and fill Stephen Kick's pockets.

Go get a real job, Larry. Do something that isn't just enough to pay the rent. Write. Draw. Create something. Be more than a leech.
And play System Shock.

Sincerely,
Nicolai "Kolya" Sandow

Haha, oh Kolya.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Even though I own an original retail copy (on floppies, plus cluebook, plus second retail CD copy) I'm left wondering if there was a more recent version of SSP than the one I had already downloaded (executable has a timestamp of 4th of July 2014) since SSP was JUST TOO DAMN GOOD.

I mean, it works if you run it off a USB drive on most modern operating systems. Getting an archaic piece of software to run under almost ANY circumstances is a monumental achievement in and of itself.

System Shock being available commercially again and the rights holder flexing their rights? OK, cool. I'm not bothered.

Those same people having the rights to make a sequel? Uhh...depends. I've seen nothing that even hints at Night Dive being capable of pulling it off themselves. At best they get a third-party studio to do it for them - and whom they pick for that job will make or break the game, but keep in mind we're talking about a sequel in a franchise from the 20th century...that has been copied by another studio and turned into a multi-million dollar franchise all on its own. It'll be a tough job, no matter whom they find.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Hello Larry,

I have removed the download of System Shock Portable, into which a whole community including myself have invested years of work.
This game was once created by a bunch of extremely smart people in Boston who favoured individual thinking and personal skills over capitalism and following the rules. Have you played it?

The laws that you are using now to make money from their and our work were once put in place to protect creative workers and those who invested in their endeavours to ensure that they get paid.
But your company never created anything. "Night Dive" is just a device to misuse the legal system and fill Stephen Kick's pockets.

Go get a real job, Larry. Do something that isn't just enough to pay the rent. Write. Draw. Create something. Be more than a leech.
And play System Shock.

Sincerely,
Nicolai "Kolya" Sandow

:(

This should be on the front page IMO.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can sympathize with his feelings, but it would have been better if the chief fan in charge of the System Shock modding community was pragmatic enough to help make the games better for the people who are going to buy them now.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can sympathize with his feelings, but it would have been better if the chief fan in charge of the System Shock modding community was somebody who's pragmatic enough to help make the games better for the people who are going to buy them now.
Judging by the modders who have graced the Codex over the years did you really expect anything else...? :D

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Judging by the modders who have graced the Codex over the years did you really expect anything else...? :D

About that, how is that almost every modder, including those who produce quality content, transforms in time into a whiny little bitch ?
Is it the amount of work coupled with the lack of salary/official recognition that makes them feel neurotically entitled ? Seriously trying to wrap my mind around that, but still feels like a mistery...

pippin

About that, how is that almost every modder, including those who produce quality content, transforms in time into a whiny little bitch ?
Is it the amount of work coupled with the lack of salary/official recognition that makes them feel neurotically entitled ? Seriously trying to wrap my mind around that, but still feels like a mistery...

To me it seems they feel the games survive because of them. There is a degree of truth in that, but sometimes people return to games just because they are good. However I've yet to see something more ridiculous than the Bloodlines drama.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Night Dive seems to have gotten the rights to System Shock 1 as they C&D'd the Portable version...

News Links:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145663
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7937.0

Edit:
I feel very sorry :( for the "Portable" project team...
They did their work for free purely out of love and to keep the game alive.
Successfully making the game run smoothly on modern systems, and adding stuff like modern controls.

Hopefully Night Dive will at least acknowledge all their hard work.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Night Dive seems to have gotten the rights to System Shock 1 as they C&D'd the Portable version...

News Links:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145663
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7937.0

Edit:
I feel very sorry :( for the "Portable" project team...
They did their work for free purely out of love and to keep the game alive.
Successfully making the game run smoothly on modern systems, and adding stuff like modern controls.

Hopefully Night Dive will at least acknowledge all their hard work.
I just can't play non-"Portable" System Shock now and need their enhancements. I have many SS Portable files on many different drives so....

Grim Monk

Arcane
Hello Larry,

And play System Shock.

Sincerely,
Nicolai "Kolya" Sandow
https://archive.is/kJATS

Totally missed this.
Epic Response!
:excellent:
Just condemn specifically "Rent Seeker/Parasitic Capitalism" instead of a making generalization.
This should be on the front page IMO.
I second this suggestion.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
can we have now official gif modders butthurt drama ?

TRANSLATION:

(Fuck you),
(I have removed download and i am buthurt about it, i/we worked for free few years)
(Game was created by someone other than us but i think we are like them)

(Muh feelings, i worked for free sho much that now i want money for it)
(but i don't have any rights and even rights to modify original game so i am buthurt)

(I wish i was smart and start company like that, get the IP and release it making money)

(Buthurt, prrrrr, buthurt, prrrrr, buthurt)
(Fuck you Lary !)

(Hope you die)
(Nicolai "Kolya" Sandow)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom