Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info ToEE patch in QA

Voss

Erudite
Fuck's sake.
Weren't you children going to drop this crap two days ago?

Tell you what. Everyone involved should get together in a garage, beat the crap out of each other, screw or whatever you need to do to get it out of your systems, but stop dredging it up over and over again on the damn board.

Dan

Liturgist
Dan, have you done much PR work?
No.

Are you aware that there isn't an underground of spies or cleaning ladies who give out information which is especially trivial(according to some people) as this?
Yeah.

What SP said is true, rumors do spread, but rumors about new games or such things. The only people with this information are the ones responsible for it's creation or publishing.
It still doesn't changes the fact that if Saint doesn't *say* anything about the source it's left for speculation. Well, it was, untill you said it wasn't. Repedtly.

Did I ever say it was a dev?
You said it came from Troika. You didn't use the word dev. It's the same thing. "Troika told me it was off the record. And asked NOT to make it public. Of course, you may have gotten this info from Atari, but I doubt that"

Or it happened on IRC?
Yes, you did state that.
"Apart from the discussion we had on IRC saint, I will point out again - THEY SAID NOT TO USE IT. I don't think anyone asked if they could use it on irc. They have been regulars there on many occasions, sometimes they pointed out what was official sometimes not. They forgot this time, oh well. But if you would use common sense, you would figure out that they CANNOT officially comment on what Atari's been doing."
And this time, it isn't something that one can guess.

But no, you had enough intelligence to know it was a dev, but not enough to know that the source is a variable of two.
There's a big difference between giving room to speculation, even if it is very obvious, and between saying exactly what happened.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed said:
Yeah, there are a couple of interesting discussions bordering on flame in the troubleshooting Atari Greyhawk forums. The Co8 patch is great, but doesn't prevent the game from constant crashes or freezes. It makes the game a lot more playable though. I really hope they upgrade Ati compatibility and overall code. My question is, how could they make the game compatible savegame wise with the Co8 patch if the brothel is not in the game? What happens if you save inside it? The new Co8 patch is relatively fresh, and I'm guessing they didn't take it into account. :( Of course, that could be wrong alltogether and Troika sees the patch like any other mod which has nothing to do with the original release thus making it work fine and dandy.

Diverging from the flamewar for a second. I'm here to answer that question:
If you save inside the Brothel with the CO8 patch uninstalled, talking to any one of the NPCs in there will teleport you outside of the Brothel. That is the way it was done in the default files before we edited them in our overriding data files. I believe that they did this because the QA team must have had some people who saved in the Brothel and couldn't get out.

I don't know where you got your information about the CO8 saves being invalidated but as far as I can tell, they will not be - so long as you keep it installed. If you do have the CO8 patch you should think about backing up your save files and as far as I can tell, the ONLY incompatability to the official patch would be Chris Wood's newly implemented items. We will release a fix shortly after the official patch is released which will include an updated PROTOS.TAB file containing the updated items from the official patch, with our own items added into it.

Jinxed

Liturgist
It still doesn't changes the fact that if Saint doesn't *say* anything about the source it's left for speculation. Well, it was, untill you said it wasn't. Repedtly.

What speculation? Summing up your entire post gives me reason to believe that you did know where saint got his info from. However, the news was composed in a way that you could not directly attack saint for it. Well you couldn't, but someone who's part of the publishing company would be upset. A leak is a leak no matter the excuse or composition someone was responsible. Atari wouldn't have trouble with figuring out that the cleaning lady version is not possible. That said, I do realise that nothing really happened, Troika did not go under. I did what I did because I saw the rules being broken.

You said it came from Troika. You didn't use the word dev. It's the same thing. "Troika told me it was off the record. And asked NOT to make it public. Of course, you may have gotten this info from Atari, but I doubt that".

Troika has a high number of employees. Anyone could've told me. Sure I narrowed it down, cutting out Atari and people unrelated directly to Troika, however that still leaves the janitors and the security guards. But this is just an excuse, and excuse I did not make in order to leak information.

Yes, you did state that.
"Apart from the discussion we had on IRC saint, I will point out again - THEY SAID NOT TO USE IT. I don't think anyone asked if they could use it on irc. They have been regulars there on many occasions, sometimes they pointed out what was official sometimes not. They forgot this time, oh well. But if you would use common sense, you would figure out that they CANNOT officially comment on what Atari's been doing."
And this time, it isn't something that one can guess.

Ok, I said it, thanks for reminding me. :wink:

There's a big difference between giving room to speculation, even if it is very obvious, and between saying exactly what happened

I didn't say exactly what happened. That would be "<name> related to SP on IRC blahblah. That's still two levels higher than my statement as I didn't mention it was a dev, nor their name.

Dan, let's drop it. There is no need to go any further. You got your points across and I'm sure I got mine.

Seven

Erudite
You really want the last word, eh? Nope, you can't have it.

Just because you are in affect by SP, doesn't make you his deputy. More like wannabe.
I'm not entirely sure what this means, so I'll just assume that you're trying to confuse me with poor grammer.

The reason was a leak that DID happen.
There was no leak, it was said in an open chat room , get over it, and get off your high horse.

Well then, I guess your intelligence can't grasp what's going on so you're excused.
You shouldn't talk.

You do smell bullshit because you live in a barn. Guess what, there are smarter people than you and it's VERY easy to manipulate you.
Tsk, tsk, you have no idea what you're talking about because you have effectually just admitted to posting false infro just to bait me. Yup, you're in a great position to discuss ethics.

I'm getting really tired of trying to explain every single thing to you. You seem like you still attend high school. That's why you don't have a single clue about human psychology. So hence, the proverbial "why" in the question "Why do people defend themselves when they are attacked" is a mystery to you. I'm through trying to make it things clear. Finish up high school, come back and then we'll talk.
Well, you've just called me immature numerous times, so sense you're sooooooo much more mature why do you keep coming back. Hmmmm... what's that smell? I know, it's more bull shit.

Give it up and go back to fucking sheep, cause that's all you're good for.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'd like to propose a simple criterion for checking the quality of a forum thread: if the following post:

"Hey, f*.* you all LOL LOL LOL :D :D :D "

fits well into the thread, the people arguing should seriously consider dropping it or moving the 'discussion' to IPLY boards.

EDIT: ... or some other place if they're banned at IPLY boards.

Jinxed

Liturgist
You really want the last word, eh? Nope, you can't have it.
Ok, so this means you want the last word right? Ok.
*Jinxed gives Seven9 the last word.
You can go weeee! Now.

I'm not entirely sure what this means, so I'll just assume that you're trying to confuse me with poor grammer.

Well, English is not my first language so it's only natural. I love it when people try to flame others about their language skills, but only manage to utterly humiliate themselves in the process.

There was no leak, it was said in an open chat room , get over it, and get off your high horse.

An open chat room with 5 people. Yeah. Great argument.

Tsk, tsk, you have no idea what you're talking about because you have effectually just admitted to posting false infro just to bait me. Yup, you're in a great position to discuss ethics.

So, now you're calling me a liar? Ok, we'll just wait and see. Heh or maybe not, I doubt you even bought the game.

Well, you've just called me immature numerous times, so sense you're sooooooo much more mature why do you keep coming back. Hmmmm... what's that smell? I know, it's more bull shit.

No, I never called you immature except letting you empathize it in my reply to your first quote in this post. Stop reading some other discussion. I pointed out your lack of knowledge in a specific field because of poor or not yet taken education. Yet again, you have to have something laid out in front of you.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh yeah, that was really ethical of you, Jinxed. I hope nobody offends your ethical sensibilities by not responding politely to that one.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Exitium, you seem to be selective as well. This has gone personal when Seven9 said:

You've always been an ass who could never admit when he was wrong. Like you BIO says, you wield what little power you have like a 6 yr old.

You fuck'en little piss-anne can you be consistent for once in your life? BTW, I will flame a way you pompus ass; the only thing more inflated then you assinine sense of ethics is your ego.

In closing, you are a pussy and I hope you get a chronic case of constapation.

Give it up and go back to fucking sheep, cause that's all you're good for.

Jinxed said:
Well what's stopping you? You started a flamewar after all...

Seven9 said:
That's right I started this.That would mean that I was the one who came to another site with a condescending attitude and tried to expose some one else's news source because my impecable sense of ethics forced me to. Yup, you got me, that was all me.

And Exit, maybe if you wouldn't be as smart as to ban me 5 minutes after I joined #RPGCodex to explain everything, maybe all of this shit wouldn't have happened because we would do the talk there. But no.... You had to be smart and ethical too!

ecliptic

Liturgist
Arrrgh, is Jinxed trying to turn this board into one of those assinine forums where every post is suffixed with a 'clever' photoshopping? I had been so happy before now and never seeing one of those. Do we even need the ability to include pictures in posts? I don't find it to be a boon.

Jinxed

Liturgist
On assinine forums where every post is suffixed with a 'clever' photoshopping, people do it on every post AS YOU POINTED OUT. But after seeing that you are sensitive to something that could've been done in paintbrush and not photoshop on a single post, I'll edit it out.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Did you just delete it so Saint wouldn't see it?

Also, I never claimed to be 'ethical' in your sense of the word.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Jinxed said:
And Exit, maybe if you wouldn't be as smart as to ban me 5 minutes after I joined #RPGCodex to explain everything, maybe all of this shit wouldn't have happened because we would do the talk there. But no.... You had to be smart and ethical too!

Well, since you're doing the whole, I WANT TO DROP THIS followed by continuing, even to the point of PMing me when I don't bother replying to you in this thread, I see no need in sitting back and just enjoying watching you make a further ass out of yourself.

If you were just interested in discussing this on IRC, privately, like you say.. Then why did you post about this in this thread first, then on your comment thread on Terra-Arcanum.com, then finally come to IRC? I think it's fairly obvious you went to raise a stink about it publically long before you even attempted to directly ask me about it.

Now from the PM..

One last thing accured to me: If what you say is true, this thing WAS(quote)desclaimer free, made public to (quote) a room full of people why didn't you quote the person? I mean, IT WAS MADE PUBLIC? Let me answer that question for you. It was posted that way, and not in any because an excuse was needed. This excuse is running in circles. There was no need for you to not reveal the source if this information as public as you said it was.

Because:

• I didn't feel the need to drop names.
  • I was pretty busy trying to contact a few people about the dev chat coming up the 28th.
  • Adds MYSTARY
  • Et cetra

However, it's rather cute that you're scrutinizing everything here to absolve yourself from just upping and saying, HEY! MAYBE I WAS WRONG!

Now, instead of wasting more time here with all this foolishness, shouldn't you be doing something more productive like.. I dunno.. Posting some news on Terra-Arcanum for a change?

Seven

Erudite
Alright, I'm not gonna quote anything, so this'll be fast and dirty.

Jinx, you came to this forum with a condescending attitude accusing people of doing some thing which was pretty irrelevent in most poeples opinions. Your brashness and you high and mighty stance is what got you into this. Not only that you, you implicated Troika when no one else had (although this is also irrelevent since the info released was done on an open channel). The fact that YOU implicated Troika when you were chastising certain others (who had the good sense not to mention Troika or even hint at a source). You then said that it was obvious that Troika was the source; well, be that as it may no one was in a position to prove anything until you came along flapping your jaws. Do you understand, because I can't make it any clearer.

Also you info regarding the Co8 patch, was it just conjecture, bait, what was it? That poster expected a real answer and I don't believe that any one is in a position to that until post patch release. So in this case, you lied to bait me, or you just lied for reasons of your own. Which one was it?

That's it you go, you have been owned.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Classical, really classical responses.

1. I didn't bother replying to you in this thread, but I suddenly feel the urge to do it now, after I got your pm.
2. You Jinxed, wanted to create a mess all along didn't ya? That's why you simultaneously posted on the codex and visited #RPGCodex to explain the matter. It's too bad you got banned, but shit, that wouldn't change anything because you would definetly go on posting even if we would explain everything on the channel? Troll.
3. I said many times that this info WAS MADE PUBLIC, in a room full of people with no disclaimer that's why I posted it in a way so that the average gamer would have difficulty in figuring out where it came from but he'll believe me anyway, why? Bekuz im SP teh nuz mastar! That's how news that's made public gets posted. Without a source mentioned time or place. Hey, that's my style. It makes sense no?

SP, I've seen people make silly or lame excuses on many occasions. These ones are like the holy grail. Brilliant:

I didn't feel the need to drop names.
Why didn't you feel the need if the info was made public? Why make something secret if IT'S MADE PUBLIC? Arrrg.

I was pretty busy trying to contact a few people about the dev chat coming up the 28th.

Too busy to add 3-5 words to one sentence. Now there's something VALID for a change! :thumbup:

Adds MYSTARY

Add mystery to information that's been made public? What the hell? Are you trying to confuse people? Maybe I'm confusing RPGCodex with RPGRiddle?

Maybe you're too busy trying to contact a few people about the dev chat coming in the next month to make up any more excuses?

Seven9. You don't care about a patch. All you wanted to do is flame me. It's nice of to try to cover up your own inability to flame people correctly, next time, try to be funny, and not get owned yourself while doing it.

I don't believe that any one is in a position to that until post patch release.
Let me make one more thing clear for you. Co8 has nothing to do with Atari. So that means, that it wasn't required. They don't care if the patch works or doesn't with Co8. But guess what? Someone else DOES care.

Seven

Erudite
Jinxed said:
Mikail said:
Will this patch conflict with the Co8 patch? I would like to have both patches installed, but give priority to the official patch. Will some of the official changes be inferior to those introduced with the Co8 patch?

- Mikail

The patch will not invalidate your Co8'd patched savegames.

Then you post:
Let me make one more thing clear for you. Co8 has nothing to do with Atari. So that means, that it wasn't required. They don't care if the patch works or doesn't with Co8. But guess what? Someone else DOES care.

Look, you dense little twit. The poster was asking a reasonable question which you are not in a position to answer. Do you get it. I like Mikail am curious about this, so don't post false information. If you do care about Co8 then you would know that they already stated that they will have to make a new patch after the official patch, so what the fuck was you point? You are a troll who likes to nit-pick, and post false information which you're not qualified to post on. Yeah, I guess now we all know that you probably only use your precious code book to wipe your ass with because anybody who has such high principles as you profess to have would not post false information and then try to cover it up by shifting (in a piss poor fashion) the blame on some one else (namely me) with NOt A SHRED A FACT TO BACK IT UP. Your own posts speak against you, so now you may piss off.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Voss said:
Fuck's sake.

Tell you what. Everyone involved should get together in a garage, beat the crap out of each other, screw or whatever you need to do to get it out of your systems, but stop dredging it up over and over again on the damn board.

Fuck's sake.... LOL.

Amen, bruddah!! More play, less flame! :wink:

MetalWyrm

Novice
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Voss said:
Fuck's sake.

Fuck's sake.... LOL.

Amen, bruddah!! More play, less flame! :wink:

I didn't wanna say anything really (and I skipped several pages of arguments/flames/whatever you want to call it)
but really, can't someone just make this end? this has gone on waaaaaay too long

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom