Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info ToEE patch in QA

Monte Carlo

Liturgist
HANDBAGS AT DAWN!!!

I'm mainly a lurker here, and definitely don't fit the Codex-correct gamer profile...

- BUT -

I'm pretty confident that S_P is on the money regarding source protection.

The rest is just bitchy hand-bagging.

Cheers
MC

Astromarine

Erudite
I have yet to see the guy responsible for this flamewar to acknowledge this simple sentence. Until he does, he's just trolling:

TROIKA RELEASED THIS INFORMATION TO AN IRC ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, AND DISCLAIMER FREE. THEY DID THIS INSTEAD OF SAYING IT IN PRIVATE TO SAINT, WHO WAS TALKING TO THEM AT THE TIME.

Ok, read that carefully, and then please redo all your statements again in light of that. Until you do, please just shut up.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Astromarine said:
TROIKA RELEASED THIS INFORMATION TO AN IRC ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, AND DISCLAIMER FREE. THEY DID THIS INSTEAD OF SAYING IT IN PRIVATE TO SAINT, WHO WAS TALKING TO THEM AT THE TIME.

The best part is that particular someone has also seen the log of the IRC session where the information was disclosed, and still insists on doing his little tirade. In fact, that someone who gave him the log even works at the site the trolling someone works at and did so in an effort to get him to shut up - yet he still felt the need to keep posting afterwards. Funny? I think so.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Please saint let it drop, I asked nicely in a non sort of troll way. As a side note I've seen this log earlier today. (which doesn't change shit, my actions were based on what I was told - the news came from irc and it doesn't take a genious to imagine how it happend, just as it's not difficult to figure out where this info has come from). I'm letting it drop, that's why I'm not gonna quote any of the posts above yours.

On a completely unrelated matter, I know you SP how long? 2 or 3 years? Everyone who posted stuff in contradiction to what you wrote was one of the following: (according to you)

a) a moron
b) a troll
c) both of the above

Seeing a pattern there? I sure do! They say that diversity is what makes a human being... I feel sorry for your wife already.

In fact, that someone who gave him the log even works at the site the trolling someone works at and did so in an effort to get him to shut up

Correction, I own Terra-Arcanum, and you know what? That makes you my bitch. Feel free to leave staff as you please...

You should lock this thread, or better yet, ban me as you banned fatman who was an idiotic trollâ„¢. The only person I know of that your intelligence couldn't handle.

Seven

Erudite
Astromarine said:
I have yet to see the guy responsible for this flamewar to acknowledge this simple sentence. Until he does, he's just trolling:

Ok, read that carefully, and then please redo all your statements again in light of that. Until you do, please just shut up.

In light of this I LOL. I guess then that there was no source to compromise. Although I do find Jinx's attitude to be extremely condescending and anal, as if every one must live by his ethics, yeesh. His ethics aren't even consistent.

I must had it to you, this bit is funny. My post here was about SP doing the same thing. What is NOT part of my purpose is arguing with dolts like you who have ZERO impact on anything that happens. That's why I'm really gone this time, flame away, write whatever you please, I'm not gonna set foot on this thread again.
You fuck'en little piss-anne can you be consistent for once in your life? BTW, I will flame a way you pompus ass; the only thing more inflated then you assinine sense of ethics is your ego.

In closing, you are a pussy and I hope you get a chronic case of constapation.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Jinxed said:
Correction, I own Terra-Arcanum, and you know what? That makes you my bitch. Feel free to leave staff as you please...

And you are no longer invited to my 13th birthday party. My mommy told me she is going to bake a bigger cake than last year. So you'll miss out on that. Nah nah nah nah nah...

Jinxed

Liturgist
The only thing which I find funny in what you quoted is the clueless essence of that post, Seven9. It was not SP who posed the question about the patch. It would be kinda funny if "the source" answered someone elses question on the channel and then at the same time while in PM explained to SP that it was unofficial. Actually, when you say "a room full of people" you must mean some other channel. "The source" was talking to 3 people. A room full of people I'd say. Yes, of course, you can take into consideration 5 other folks, who basically look at their mIRC screen twice; while logging on and off. Why do you persist in this endeavor while I said and asked to drop it 5 times already?

You fuck'en little piss-anne can you be consistent for once in your life? BTW, I will flame a way you pompus ass; the only thing more inflated then you assinine sense of ethics is your ego.

In closing, you are a pussy and I hope you get a chronic case of constapation.

That's a prime example of being psychotic and a menace to society.
You aren't building up fame for original insults. You're not a gangster and this isn't New Reno.
I'm not even going to go into the details of how you know me or the basis of your post, since you seem to be off your medication.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Mikail said:
Will this patch conflict with the Co8 patch? I would like to have both patches installed, but give priority to the official patch. Will some of the official changes be inferior to those introduced with the Co8 patch?

- Mikail

The patch will not invalidate your Co8'd patched savegames.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Just be sure to sell your Ioun Stones if you have any or having them in the inventory will crash. We will release a patch shortly after the official update is released.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Jinxed said:
Please saint let it drop, I asked nicely in a non sort of troll way.

You're the one that started this, Jinxed. Back on the first page with this:

Jinxed said:
I can't believe you guys actually made this a news item. I found out about it yesterday. But since I lub Troika and wouldn't do anything to cause trouble for them, I pushed the matter further and asked if I could use that info as a news item. But Troika told me it was off the record. And asked NOT to make it public. Of course, you may have gotten this info from Atari, but I doubt that. In any way, professional journalism way to go. :thumbup:

So, not only did you accuse me of ousting Troika people and posting off the record stuff, but you yourself ousted them in the process - as pointed out numerous times by several different people. Bravo!

After that, you've said you weren't going to respond to this thread ever again, not once.. Not twice.. But we're at four times by my quick count now. If you wanted it dropped, especially in light of seeing the log file, you would have bowed out gracefully. Instead, however, you've gotten even more insulting and bitter. Sore loser? I think so.

And let's see how much I've done for Terra-Arcanum since the domain was turned over to you.. Oh, yeah.. Not a damned thing. I'm your bitch? You have no power over me, Jinxed, because I honestly don't care what happens at Terra-Arcanum.

As far as I'm concerned, Eye on Troika is the only decent fan site for Troika games. Hell, LordDavidian did a better job at it than you're doing.

The only thing which I find funny in what you quoted is the clueless essence of that post, Seven9. It was not SP who posed the question about the patch.

I think this would only back up what I've said, since I wasn't prying anyone to publically disclose how close the patch was to being released.

and then at the same time while in PM explained to SP that it was unofficial.

The PM session had nothing, nothing to do with the patch, period. It was all about dev chat scheduling because CD Projekt couldn't make the time they agreed to for the 28th dev chat. Feel free to ask Ausir about CD Projekt leaving us high and dry for the 28th, and about me searching for someone to fill in for them. Of course, that should be obvious since Russobit-M's PR girl was kind enough to get us Horns & Hooves for that night.

Actually, when you say "a room full of people" you must mean some other channel. "The source" was talking to 3 people. A room full of people I'd say. Yes, of course, you can take into consideration 5 other folks, who basically look at their mIRC screen twice; while logging on and off. Why do you persist in this endeavor while I said and asked to drop it 5 times already?

Over twenty people in the channel, and more than three talking. Still meets the definition of a "room full".

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed, you've certainly proven yourself a hypocrite in this issue, not only because you disclosed the identity of a possible source, but because even though you claim high and mightily to be a supporter of Tim Cain and Troika's endeavours, before this debacle, you've only posted ONE news item pertaining to ToEE, and that was about your IRC channels.

Way to take the high ground. </sarcasm>

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jinxed said:
On a completely unrelated matter, I know you SP how long? 2 or 3 years? Everyone who posted stuff in contradiction to what you wrote was one of the following: (according to you)

a) a moron
b) a troll
c) both of the above

Seeing a pattern there? I sure do! They say that diversity is what makes a human being... I feel sorry for your wife already.
Well, since we are talking about "completely unrelated matters", shortly after I joined the Codex, I got into an argument with SP regarding some Prelude's design decisions (the riddle and the necklace quests). We argued for several days, and he never called me a moron or a troll or anything like that. Saint isn't a saint :lol: , pun intended, but I don't recall him calling anybody a moron without a good reason, i.e when somebody is in fact a moron in which case it's a fact not an insult :wink:

Jinxed

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
So, not only did you accuse me of ousting Troika people and posting off the record stuff, but you yourself ousted them in the process - as pointed out numerous times by several different people. Bravo!

That is correct. When you accuse someone of something these days you need to know you will be counter attacked by several antibodies. And what I was trying to point out was that everyone knew who the source was anyway, because we aren't idiots.

After that, you've said you weren't going to respond to this thread ever again, not once.. Not twice.. But we're at four times by my quick count now. If you wanted it dropped, especially in light of seeing the log file, you would have bowed out gracefully. Instead, however, you've gotten even more insulting and bitter. Sore loser? I think so.

SP, I've seen the log file yesterday evening. I WAS replying to FLAMES by MR. SEVEN9. You know what's the problem with this? You seem to be very selective in the way you see things. You know better than anyone that if someone writes shit like he did, you damn better reply.

And let's see how much I've done for Terra-Arcanum since the domain was turned over to you.. Oh, yeah.. Not a damned thing. I'm your bitch? You have no power over me, Jinxed, because I honestly don't care what happens at Terra-Arcanum.

That was an old joke SP, for reference, check your #fallout setinfo which I will write here for people that don't know. "<TimCain>I plan to make SP my bitch".

As far as I'm concerned, Eye on Troika is the only decent fan site for Troika games. Hell, LordDavidian did a better job at it than you're doing.

That's funny, since I know LD never did a damn thing for 3 years. And eye on troika? I like those guys, mainly because they are motivation to work as is any other competition. I was gone for over 2 months if you haven't noticed.
Terra-Arcanum was an Arcanum fansite. A game pretty old now. I had two choices: Either stick to Arcanum, and let the site die slowly or, cover new games. I decided on the latter. Right now, T-A is haunted by the lack of a coder with free time on their hands. Something neither this site nor Eye on Troika has trouble with. Your argument is decent, but doesn't have much to do with reality.
On a side note, if you really do think T-A sucks, then why would you agree on merging it with the Codex? Offering me a good position here? That bit I really don't understand...
And yes, you didn't do anything for T-A for a very long time. I asked you do finish up the T-A theme which you said you would do, but alas, slacking off was the reason you didn't, since you had a very good chance to tell me you don't want anything to do with T-A right there.

The only thing which I find funny in what you quoted is the clueless essence of that post, Seven9. It was not SP who posed the question about the patch.

I think this would only back up what I've said, since I wasn't prying anyone to publically disclose how close the patch was to being released.

There you go, being selective again. Try to quote things that make sense as a whole instead of picking individual sentenses.

The PM session had nothing, nothing to do with the patch, period. It was all about dev chat scheduling because CD Projekt couldn't make the time they agreed to for the 28th dev chat. Feel free to ask Ausir about CD Projekt leaving us high and dry for the 28th, and about me searching for someone to fill in for them. Of course, that should be obvious since Russobit-M's PR girl was kind enough to get us Horns & Hooves for that night.

Well, that proves MY point actually. Why would "the source" explain to you a completely different matter then the subject at hand? Instead of arguing with me, you could correct that idiot who posted that crap earlier.

[/quote]Over twenty people in the channel, and more than three talking. Still meets the definition of a "room full".[/quote]

No SP. That's a blatant lie. It's one of those moments when you say something, and people believe you without any physical evidence. Just because SP said so. I know that channel just as you do, the last time there were 20 people in there was last year. And in the log file I got there were 3 people in an active conversation + 2 people listening. That's beside the mentioned source. The only reason why you were there at the time is either you knew he was coming by or you put him up in your "highlight" mIRC option. Well guess what, not everyone is so crafty and from the 20 people you mentioned there was no one there.

I'm beginning to see your way of thinking, how a forum should function. What arguments you use. You know what this reminds me of? The Iply boards. Where you were banned for no apparent reason. Their rationality was as obscure as yours. Calling you a troll and banning you while there was quite a good number of people who did much, much worse things than you.

I told you already, you could lock this topic. It's not like it NEEDS to be open and there's a very good reason why it should be locked.

Seven

Erudite
That's a prime example of being psychotic and a menace to society.
And I suppose setting it off in a competitor's forum demonstrates how you're so much more balanced?

Why do you persist in this endeavor while I said and asked to drop it 5 times already?
Cause you take a lickin and keep on tickin. I'd drop it if you weren't so adamant in keeping such an anal stance.

The patch will not invalidate your Co8'd patched savegames.
Hugh!!!! Oh my, I wonder where that info came from?

That is correct. When you accuse someone of something these days you need to know you will be counter attacked by several antibodies. And what I was trying to point out was that everyone knew who the source was anyway, because we aren't idiots.

And what I'm trying to point out (before I realized that there was np source to protect) was that YOUR post actually did damage, where as the news snippet couldn't be linked to any organization in a definitive fashion. The news post was fine (sure we all might know or think we know where it came from, but wishes and assumptions don't prove anything).

SP, I've seen the log file yesterday evening. I WAS replying to FLAMES by MR. SEVEN9. You know what's the problem with this? You seem to be very selective in the way you see things. You know better than anyone that if someone writes shit like he did, you damn better reply.
Yeesh, here I was thinking that your code book wouldn't let get down and dirty. Well, looks like your down and dirty now, and it appears that your precious codes don't mean shit.

And yes, you didn't do anything for T-A for a very long time. I asked you do finish up the T-A theme which you said you would do, but alas, slacking off was the reason you didn't, since you had a very good chance to tell me you don't want anything to do with T-A right there.
You see, this whinny, it's everybody elses' fault but my own attitude of yours is what put you in your current predicament. BTW, this is in no way a defence of SP (since he's a big boy who can fend for himself).

I told you already, you could lock this topic. It's not like it NEEDS to be open and there's a very good reason why it should be locked.

Lock this thread? Why? Can't take the heat? This is RPG Codex, you don't unsling here and then wuss out.[/code]

Dan

Liturgist
I was trying to point out was that everyone knew who the source was anyway, because we aren't idiots.

You continue bringing up this point, yet it makes no sense.

How the fuck is someone supposed to know who the source is from Saint's original post?

Let's take a closer look:
For those looking forward to the patch for Temple of Elemental Evil, it's currently spending time in Atari QA. It not only addresses some bugs, but also some feature complaints by players.

Well? uh... Can you please explain it to me as I seem to be an idiot?

How does one reaches the conclusion that the news item was given by a Troika dev in an irc channel? I honstley don't get it.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Seven9 said:
And I suppose setting it off in a competitor's forum demonstrates how you're so much more balanced?

I'm not going ballistic like you are. And another thing, I view RPGCodex as a source on many occasions, not competition, it's not a fan site. Good job on being clueless again.

Cause you take a lickin and keep on tickin. I'd drop it if you weren't so adamant in keeping such an anal stance.

No, it's because you're having fun. Besides, you tried to own me and failed miserably, that doesn't make you look very good does it? Quitting now would make you the looser of the month which your ego wouldn't be able to handle.

The patch will not invalidate your Co8'd patched savegames
Hugh!!!! Oh my, I wonder where that info came from?

Hehe, I posted that so you would quote it. Just like someone who feeds chickens knowing they will come running.

Co8 compatibility has nothing to do with Atari (hell, they even refuse to acknowledge their existence, what kind of shit is that?) who is the major factor in my worries in this whole leak thing.

And what I'm trying to point out (before I realized that there was np source to protect) was that YOUR post actually did damage, where as the news snippet couldn't be linked to any organization in a definitive fashion. The news post was fine (sure we all might know or think we know where it came from, but wishes and assumptions don't prove anything).

and DAN:

How the fuck is someone supposed to know who the source is from Saint's original post?

Well? uh... Can you please explain it to me as I seem to be an idiot?

Dan, have you done much PR work? Are you aware that there isn't an underground of spies or cleaning ladies who give out information which is especially trivial(according to some people) as this?
What SP said is true, rumors do spread, but rumors about new games or such things. The only people with this information are the ones responsible for it's creation or publishing.

How does one reaches the conclusion that the news item was given by a Troika dev in an irc channel? I honstley don't get it.

Did I ever say it was a dev? Or it happened on IRC? Using the same logic as the one used in the defense of this news post, I might as well say that the Troika building cleaning lady was responsible and that's who I meant.
But no, you had enough intelligence to know it was a dev, but not enough to know that the source is a variable of two.

Yeesh, here I was thinking that your code book wouldn't let get down and dirty. Well, looks like your down and dirty now, and it appears that your precious codes don't mean shit.

I don't think that self defense needs an explanation, but nice try.

You see, this whinny, it's everybody elses' fault but my own attitude of yours is what put you in your current predicament. BTW, this is in no way a defence of SP (since he's a big boy who can fend for himself).

Yet again, you are trying to create an illusion that you know more than others. You have no idea about T-A's situation, you have no idea why SP doesn't do shit for T-A. He said what he did because it fit the situation, but yet again, you believe in every word of his like it's some holy bible.
I do news, I do PR, I do forum moderation. Yes, it's my fault I don't know PHP, but then again, saint doesn't either. But don't worry, currently there is a designer working for T-A and two coders, and one is on vacation.

Lock this thread? Why? Can't take the heat? This is RPG Codex, you don't unsling here and then wuss out

That's the thing with people like you, you never know when do quit, do you? I tried to point out that talking further about the leak was pointless but if you insist on flaming me, this can go on forever. From an experienced moderator point of view, you warrant a ban.

Exitium said:
Jinxed, you've certainly proven yourself a hypocrite in this issue, not only because you disclosed the identity of a possible source, but because even though you claim high and mightily to be a supporter of Tim Cain and Troika's endeavours, before this debacle, you've only posted ONE news item pertaining to ToEE, and that was about your IRC channels.

Scroll the T-A news page to 3 months ago to when I was the only one doing news, I posted each and every single news item found on the web for a good deal of time.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Yeah, there are a couple of interesting discussions bordering on flame in the troubleshooting Atari Greyhawk forums. The Co8 patch is great, but doesn't prevent the game from constant crashes or freezes. It makes the game a lot more playable though. I really hope they upgrade Ati compatibility and overall code. My question is, how could they make the game compatible savegame wise with the Co8 patch if the brothel is not in the game? What happens if you save inside it? The new Co8 patch is relatively fresh, and I'm guessing they didn't take it into account. :( Of course, that could be wrong alltogether and Troika sees the patch like any other mod which has nothing to do with the original release thus making it work fine and dandy.

Seven

Erudite
Lets get it on:

I'm not going ballistic like you are. And another thing, I view RPGCodex as a source on many occasions, not competition, it's not a fan site. Good job on being clueless again.
About as clueless as how you implicated Troika while you simultaneously chastised SP for no reason at all?

Besides, you tried to own me and failed miserably, that doesn't make you look very good does it? Quitting now would make you the looser of the month which your ego wouldn't be able to handle.
Own you? Nope, you were owned, but now I've put you in the second hand bargin bin. Enjoy your stay.

Hehe, I posted that so you would quote it. Just like someone who feeds chickens knowing they will come running.
Try again jounior, cause I smell bull-shit.
BTW, the CO8 has already that they'll have to release a new content patch after the official patch, so as to the save games: wait and see.

I don't think that self defense needs an explanation, but nice try.
I just assumed that your code book would put you above these squabbles, but abmit it, you enjoy it as much as the next guy, so dispense with the bull shit.

Yet again, you are trying to create an illusion that you know more than others. You have no idea about T-A's situation, you have no idea why SP doesn't do shit for T-A. He said what he did because it fit the situation, but yet again, you believe in every word of his like it's some holy bible.
I do news, I do PR, I do forum moderation. Yes, it's my fault I don't know PHP, but then again, saint doesn't either. But don't worry, currently there is a designer working for T-A and two coders, and one is on vacation.
It sounds like you have SP envy, is that it?

That's the thing with people like you, you never know when do quit, do you? I tried to point out that talking further about the leak was pointless but if you insist on flaming me, this can go on forever. From an experienced moderator point of view, you warrant a ban.
And you warrant a spanking lil'fella.

Jinxed

Liturgist
I must say that you were trying in your earlier posts, but the new is just crap. Sit back, read again and realize how you failed to make a single point in your last post. Give it up, you tried to be cool, but failed to impress anybody. Just because you are in affect by SP, doesn't make you his deputy. More like wannabe.

About as clueless as how you implicated Troika while you simultaneously chastised SP for no reason at all?

The reason was a leak that DID happen. Like I said multiple times and you failed to understand. Wait, hold on, now you're gonna tell me that the only leak you see was me revealing the source right? Well then, I guess your intelligence can't grasp what's going on so you're excused.

Own you? Nope, you were owned, but now I've put you in the second hand bargin bin. Enjoy your stay.

I believe that you are referring to some other discussion because quite frankly, it's you who got owned. You don't have a way with words, the insults you threw were nothing but mediocre to say the least.
You probably stayed on V13 too long, reading how people DID get owned and now you're trying to "run with the crew". Sorry kiddo, but for that to happen you need at least half a brain.

Try again jounior, cause I smell bull-shit. BTW, the CO8 has already that they'll have to release a new content patch after the official patch, so as to the save games: wait and see.

You do smell bullshit because you live in a barn. Guess what, there are smarter people than you and it's VERY easy to manipulate you. As to the rest of the quote, not everyone wants to use the fan made patch, I'm not sure why, but they don't. And some don't even know of it. Savegame invalidation is an evil thing. Whether people use the Co8 patch or not it's still an issue. There is also a time factor. People have been waiting a month for the official patch, and how long will it take for Co8 to release and update might be crucial to many people's opinion about replay value.

I just assumed that your code book would put you above these squabbles, but abmit it, you enjoy it as much as the next guy, so dispense with the bull shit.

I'm getting really tired of trying to explain every single thing to you. You seem like you still attend high school. That's why you don't have a single clue about human psychology. So hence, the proverbial "why" in the question "Why do people defend themselves when they are attacked" is a mystery to you. I'm through trying to make it things clear. Finish up high school, come back and then we'll talk.

It sounds like you have SP envy, is that it?
Envy SP? That's hilarious... You're pulling these things like a rabbit out of a hat.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, to be honest, I haven't really encountered any major bugs or had any crashes while playing TOEE. I did however run across some glaring quest problems, mostly in wording and such and it's all mostly nit picky stuff, nothing major. I know the bugs exist though as I've seen the list on the forums and have emulated some of them on purpose. If they do implement the brothel, that would be nice. Especially if they clean up the quests for it. I don't really see that happening though as it would raise the rating level of the game. Maybe two different patches? Heh. :P

Jinxed

Liturgist
What are your system specs? You're probably one of those lucky people who's pc is close to whoever tested the it. First thing that happened to me: I tried to change the resolution of the game and that made it crash. I found out later(by posting on the said troubleshooting forums) that using any program to force refresh rates on XP causes the game to crash. But right now, I'm using 800x600 anyway, since the awesome detail present in the game is much more visible. How about the bugged items? Did you get any of those?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom