Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TOEE: over encumbered NPC!

volleygun

Novice
how in gods beloved butthole do i drop npc character's inventory so i can get them moving normaly? cuz they allways get over encumbered in 1 freakin minute :cry:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, I encountered a bug that caused a CTD every time I wanted to check anyone's encumbrance. So maybe encumbrance is also buggy in your game and it's time to move to some less buggy products, e.g. Daggerfall.

M0rphz0rz

Novice
NPCs getting encumbered is a well-known issue in ToEE. They loot stuff and just don't want to drop it. Fill their inventory with useless junk that doesn't weigh too much. Elmo only loots money, and therefore doesn't get encumbered so quickly. Spugnoir only loots scrolls.

And do not, under any circumstances, equip the ring.

DemonKing

Arcane
You have encountered one of the many "features" of TOEE.

Basically the designers thought it would be more realistic and "fun" if your NPCs made sure they got a fair share of the loot and took what they felt was owing to them.

In practice what this means is that they encumber themselves with as many useless suits of leather armour as they can pick up until they can no longer move.

I believe this issue has been "more or less" resolved in the latest patch - meaning that now they only encumber themselves to the level of "medium" encumburance (ie: they can still move).

While it would have been nice for the designers to have made this "feature" optional, one solution is to fill up all of an NPC's item slots with light items so that they are not encumbered and can no longer pick up anything else.

This is a very good reason not to equip the ring - but rather to leave it in your NPCs inventory, since rings are rather light. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom