Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ToEE d20 Inspector (version 0.3.0)

Severian Silk

As an example from the game files, if the Co8 mod gives Spugnoir 50 skill points and he is supposed to have 14 skill points, what do i do? Which skills do I scrap?

If Gunter Gladstone is supposed to have 5 feats but the Co8 mod gives him 10, which feats does my tool delete?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As an example from the game files, if the Co8 mod gives Spugnoir 50 skill points and he is supposed to have 14 skill points, what do i do? Which skills do I scrap?

If Gunter Gladstone is supposed to have 5 feats but the Co8 mod gives him 10, which feats does my tool delete?

First off, taking Spugnoir as an example, I don't know where you got that 50 or 14 skill points from - I checked and he has exactly the right amount of skill points for a Human Level 2 Wizard with 16 Int. I suspect your interpretation of the ToEE proto parser is wrong - the numbers there are 'skill allocation points', which would register non class skills at half value (e.g. Spugnoir's actual Listen would be 2.5 even though it appears as 5 in the proto).

But even if he didn't - who gives a shit really? Why delete anything at all? If you level him up just add on top of what he already has. That's not even the biggest issue with adding levels for challenge (which is making the mid-late game compensate for the extra XP and levels the player gets for killing +1'd trash mobs).

Severian Silk

Okay, so there's a bug in the script I wrote. That's why I wanted feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Okay, there's a bug in the script I wrote. That's why I wanted feedback.
Still not convinced, are you? :P

Another thing to be aware of: sometimes extra feats are added as a matter of judgment calls, or getting around engine limitations. For example some bugbears have multiple weapon focus feats to account for the randomness of their equipped weapon definitions in invensource.mes.

P.S. some monsters are given high concentration skills because their monster abilities are modeled as spells - the result is that they need to pass a concentration check which they are otherwise not required to have.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

I have to calculate RAW values at some point before applying the differentials anyway.

Severian Silk

Update:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q71t55jo5v4mm1j/toee_d20_inspector_v0_3_0.zip

Most of the issues WRT counting skill points are resolved. However, one such issue remains: skill points are sometimes allocated based on your Intelligence ability score modifier. And, since you can gain abilities over time, this affects the number of skill points you get. There's no way for me to know what previous values for a character's Intelligence were, so I can't calculate the number of skill points accurately. (I forgot at what levels you can increase ability scores.)

I'd also like to say that Jarvis Hann has 56 skill points but is only level 1. Unless my math is wrong (again), this shouldn't be possible.

Endarire

Scholar
Silk: Thank you again for working on this! Alleluia!

What's progress?

Sitra: I noticed that companion Wizard NPCs generally missed free spells on level up. I also was bothered that Burne had access to all those scrolls in his inventory and from his own personal magic item vendor and never bothered to add them to his Wizard repertoire! Feels like a minor thing to fix.

Severian Silk

I haven't touched this since my last post in this thread.

I have trouble paying attention to things, and can't keep all these formulas in my head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom