Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Todd Howard: We Have Three Big Projects in Development

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-dev-has-three-longer-term-projects-in-th/1100-6434911/

"We have three longer-term projects we're doing that are all...we'll talk about them at a much future date," he said. "But they're different than anything we've done before while also being a Bethesda-style game; big and crazy. But in many ways different than things we've done before."

Also during his talk, Howard brought up Bethesda's recently established studio in Montreal, saying the team there is working on mobile projects "and other things." It's possible one of the "longer-term" projects Howard referenced is in development there, but this was not confirmed.

Asked if one of Bethesda Game Studios' upcoming games rhymes with "Fallout 5," Howard just laughed. In December, Howard teased that Bethesda has "lots of ideas" for future games, though at the time he did not provide any specifics, only that he was interested in making big games like Fallout 4.

Huh, this is a big shift for them.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The last time they said "different" it meant repainting Oblivion into Fallout 3. Wonder what kind of paint it means this time around... Sims sandbox FPS?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They had a pretty great commercially successful thing going with the "only work on one game at a time for 3.5+ years" deal. Zenimax killing the goose that lays the golden egg? :\

Telengard

Arcane
Ooh, speculation time. 'Big', 'new', 'creative', and 'Bethsduh' are the keywords. Let's see, time to put on my Todd Howard thinking cap.

Gotta think up some Awesome new Bethesda games.

1) SciFi + Bethesduh gameplay = Ancient Star Charts I: Rimworld: A New Odyssey
2) Pirates + Bethesduh gameplay = World of the Elder Scrolls: Pirates of the Skyvian
3) Zombies + Bethesduh gameplay = Zombout: a Tale of the Post-Apocalyptic Future.

Todd, you're a genius!*

* I just assume he talks to himself in third-person.

Fairfax

Arcane
They had a pretty great commercially successful thing going with the "only work on one game at a time for 3.5+ years" deal. Zenimax killing the goose that lays the golden egg? :\
Not necessarily. TES VI in actual development, FO5 in pre-production already (as they did with every game since Morrowind), and whatever Bethesda Montreal is making.

pippin

Ooh, speculation time. 'Big', 'new', 'creative', and 'Bethsduh' are the keywords. Let's see, time to put on my Todd Howard thinking cap.

2) Pirates + Bethesduh gameplay = World of the Elder Scrolls: Pirates of the Skyvian
3) Zombies + Bethesduh gameplay = Zombout: a Tale of the Post-Apocalyptic Future.

Todd, you're a genius!*

Isn't Redguard their "pirate" game?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I would like to see a western RPG regardless of the developer. Deadlands comes to mind. Hard West is the closest we have and it still isn't what I am looking for.

Telengard

Arcane

Todd, you're a genius!*

Isn't Redguard their "pirate" game?
Reguard is as much a pirate game as Arena is. Or Tomb Raider (1996), to be more applicable.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah this isn't surprising. Although I doubt Fallout 5 is in anything but the early concept stages at this point. TES VI probably a bit further along, maybe releasing in 2018. The other project... who knows. Probably the exact same type of game, though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Basically the only genre they have not done yet is sci-fi. Something like Bethesda's Mass Effect...

I don't really see them doing that though.

Mustawd

Why not? If they want to compete head to head with Bioware (which Bioware already started with their shitty "Skyrim killer" DA: Inquisition), then Sci Fi is the natural choice.

EDIT: I mean sales-wise, Bethesda's killing it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Actually, DA was never EA's "Skyrim killer", the new unannounced open world RPG they are doing is supposed to be that.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
EA is going to lose to Bethesda in Open World RPG? genre, no matter how good? the games was.

Because the CK and how easier moddability Bethesda games is the only thing that keeps them from ever losing to EA in that genre, unless EA starts doing exactly what Bethesda doing which i doubt it will ever happens.

Fairfax

Arcane
EA is going to lose to Bethesda in Open World RPG? genre, no matter how good? the games was.

Because the CK and how easier moddability Bethesda games is the only thing that keeps them from ever losing to EA in that genre, unless EA starts doing exactly what Bethesda doing which i doubt it will ever happens.
Going to? EA BioWare has never come close to Bethesda's numbers.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Elder Scrolls VI: High Rock - A Game of Thrones Saga

After the drunkard High King Robb Gaddafion of High Rock is betrayed and murdered by his ambitious vassal Goose "Middlefinger" Bolt-On, the player must find the last dragonborn and aid her quest for the throne. But will the frost demons from Oblivion invade the homeland of the Bretons and kill everyone no matter who sits the throne? Releases 2018.

Featuring the voice work of Emmy Award winning actor Peter Dinklage as Robb Gaddafion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom