Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Todd Howard podcast

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
http://interactive.libsyn.com/todd-howard

28:26 - There is lockpicking in the new game? Not sure I heard right.
32:00 - He talks about the pre production/production management, and says that they are finishing a new animation system for a project in pre-production, while the one that is currently in production is using the old one.
31:00 - They have a project where the bulk of the team works in full production, but other projects are in pre production, sometimes for years.
37:00 - "Horses are never good in our games and we avoid making more things with them so they are not in the spotlight". He says this as an example of things they choose to put "in the corner" if something in their games is not great or convincing to them.
39:00 - Bug's wise, their highest priority is to prevent that saved games don't become corrupted, crashes are also on the top positions.
38:00 - They have an internal "E3" every december where they showcase all their work within the company.
43:00 - He is told by his acquaintances that is good he doesn't have a twitter account otherwise he would commit career suicide.
45:00 - He gets asked what theme he would like to work with outside Elder Scrolls and Fallout, he was close to say the theme for the new game it seemed but he stoped. Then he talks about a time they talked about what things they would like to make, post-apocaliptic was at the top. He likes world's that "tics", that are not necesarily realistic, for example Black Mirror or Inside Out.
52:45 - Todd is not interested in any genre other than RPG. (Next Bethesda game studios games re-confirmed to be RPG`s?)
56:15 He plays a ton of Hearthstone, not a game he would personally make, but he has put more hours into it than most games in the last 2-3 years. He plays PUBG with his kids, and plays on X-box with co-op with his oldest, he yells at him lol.
59:55 - His youngest kid finally got old enough to play Skyrim on switch, Todd suggested that he plays it. The kid got obsessed with it, and now asks him in dinner "What's up with the Thalmor, Do you believe in Talos, What are the daedra?" Todd is fed up with it lol. The kid follows skyrim youtubers and shows him all the new mods people have been making.
1:01:15 - His Skyrim obsessed kid asks him "When is the Elder Scrolls 6 coming?" He refuses to answer cause he suspects the kid might tell somebody lol.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Todd is interested only in RPGs, would be cool if they decided to make one someday. But at least they spawned two best reviews ever written (Oblivion and FO4 here on codex).

That said, I do enjoy their games, even with the shit ton of flaws they are usually atmospheric, fun to explore and contain couple interesting quests.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why hello there, fellow role-playing game enthusiasts. I read on this internet gaming forum that celebrated industry icon – designer, director, producer, philanthropist, humanitarian, philosopher, poet, and Fallout series creator Todd Howard of Bethesda Game Studios, subsidiary of Bethesda Softwork LLC, subsidiary of Zenimax Media Inc – has made a rare appearance on the podcast of fellow pioneer Ted Price of Insomniac Games Inc, whose own bold and innovative contributions to the role-playing sphere nearly equal those of his guest in delivering enjoyable and accessible experiences to all players without sacrificing the complexity they know we love. I look forward to consuming this generous free content and weighing its revelations alongside you in a safe and friendly manner.

Are you as excited as I am for the next groundbreaking video game products from Todd Howard and Ted Price? I couldn't resist the temptation to revisit critically acclaimed and wild commercial success The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and decided to purchase it for both Sony's Playstation VR™ and Ninendo's Switch™ in order to compare the two, and can wholeheartedly confirm that they're both excellent! Don't take my word for it, buy them and see for yourself!
tumblr_inline_orre6uVuwS1r13m9k_500.png

Elex

Arbiter
Todd is interested only in RPGs, would be cool if they decided to make one someday. But at least they spawned two best reviews ever written (Oblivion and FO4 here on codex).

That said, I do enjoy their games, even with the shit ton of flaws they are usually atmospheric, fun to explore and contain couple interesting quests.
but he know what an rpg is?

Leitz

Learned
His youngest kid finally got old enough to play Skyrim on switch, Todd suggested that he plays it

700.jpg

Irata

Scholar
He plays PUBG with his kids, and plays on X-box with co-op with his oldest, he yells at him lol.

PUBG on Xbox... I guess he knows his audience.

Feel kind of bad for the one kid though. Get the kid some books Todd. Your team couldn't even manage to put out an entertaining comic book.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
ESRB rating for Skyrim is M.

Does it mean his kid is 17?

On a more serious note: what do you want him to play with his kid? Divinity 2 in co-op or something? Fun simple shooters is the way to go, not worse than traditional baseball or whatever dads do with their kids.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Probably E3 announcement of the new game and release in october, like with Fallout 4

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Amazing people still act like this Hollywood boy actually gives a flying fuck about games, and isn't just a con artists who's biggest asset is that he has the entire gaming press in his pocket.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
say what you will about Toddler but it's obvious he loves the games he's making. None of you will ever be as happy and fulfilled as he is.

KateMicucci

Arcane
37:00 - "Horses are never good in our games and we avoid making more things with them so they are not in the spotlight". He says this as an example of things they choose to put "in the corner" if something in their games is not great or convincing to them.
Too bad. TW3 and even Kingdumb Cum did the same thing. How many games are there where you can both fight from horseback and fight mounted enemies?

I'd really like to have an experience in a first-person RPG where I'm walking along the road and some bad guys on horseback start trying to chase me down. And cutscenes don't count.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
say what you will about Toddler but it's obvious he loves the games he's making.

Lol, you are such a fucking clueless retard.

Stop projecting, you're pretty much the anti-Todd, perpetually butthurt about everything and never being able to enjoy even the slightest thing in this world (or the next). Conversely Todd is always excited, like a little kid, when he talks about his projects. The difference between him and you are like light and day.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
He is faking it, you colossal mental faggot.

1049579-todd_howard.jpg

Ho wait,

bethestard.png

:deathclaw:

yeah bro everybody who enjoys life is just faking it :lol:

you're just autistic as fuck and obsessed with trying to paint every developer you don't like as an evil supervillain when in fact game development is a shitty way to make money and most devs just don't like playing the kind of games. the very idea that someone could enjoy something is offensive to your very being

Hassknecht

Learned
Pretty sure the Toddler isn't faking it. He really is that lame. Like Emil Pagllioiaorulo, he really is that bad a writer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom