Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

To AoD fans - why aren't you looking forward to Dead State?

What puts you off Dead State?

• Total voters

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
According to the current poll, over half the the Codex is looking forward to Age of Decadence, but less than a third cares about Dead State, even though they share much of the same team and tech and are both Early Access. Rather than speculate, I started a poll.

I'm sure this feedback will help the devs too. You're welcome.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That's like asking why people looking forward to Pillars of Eternity are not excited for Armored Warfare... they are very different games.

catfood

AGAIN
I hate zombies with a passion. Zombie movies, zombie games, zombie everything. The market is over-saturated with this shitty fantasy creature. And the reason why it's so popular with the masses is that they themselves are a sort of zombie horde. Birds of a feather stick together.

Also shit thread is shit and ban Roguey.

oscar

Arcane
Same. A game could actually be solid but 'zombie apocalypse' sends me to fucking sleep.

I couldn't think of a more dull, uncreative and overdone setting if I tried.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zombie setting, that's why I'm still :keepmyjewgold:

I respect Mitsoda and AoD bros working on Dead State, but zombies suck so hard.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I hate zombies with a passion. Zombie movies, zombie games, zombie everything. The market is over-saturated with this shitty fantasy creature. And the reason why it's so popular with the masses is that they themselves are a sort of zombie horde. Birds of a feather stick together.

Pretty much this. These days I start ignoring a game the moment I hear it's about zombies.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Zombie lore all ends the same. There is either no ending, because the writers don't know how, or everyone dies.

Cadmus

Arcane
Holy shit I just realized I had a dream about Rogue tonight =// fucking shit

On topic, I don't touch anything that even in its name reminds me of zombies.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
My interest has been fading lately so not really looking forward to either anymore.

Lhynn

Arcane
If i had to guess, its the setting and i think no one really knows what they want they are aiming to do with it, also that AoD is one of the codex pets and that Vince is around to remind us of AoD but not DS i guess.

SoupNazi

I simply haven't been "turned on" to Dead State. I think it's a matter of exposure. I bought AoD based on some sort of an article that depicted an actual story and the branching C&C, as well as a complaint somewhere by someone about how hard the combat was. So it seemed to both give me a challenge in actually trying the combat, and showcased a real player’s story about the best aspect of the game.

It also struck a note because I was watching Game of Thrones at the time, actually a specific episode with the fight between Oberyn and The Mountain, where an agile spear fighter beat a humungous, super strong, inhumane broadsword wielding knight. So I wanted to try and recreate that – and the complexity of AoD’s combat system seemed to allow for that.

I am “aware” of Dead State but there’s dozens of zombie games right now so it doesn’t really stand out, as opposed to a classic, medieval RPG with a great combat system. Plus, honestly, the artistic direction (NOT the graphics) is a little off-putting. Again, unlike AoD’s.

I might get interested in it once Walking Dead starts again ;)

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I would love the game to surprise me, but I don't believe a zombie game could work with turn-based combat, and the setting itself seems pretty boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom