Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titanfall (Respawn shooter)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You don't even know what a corridor shooter is, fag. Searching for IQ obviously yields other results.
IQ = image quality I think.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The funny thing is that even though the game includes MSAA, which is pretty common, there's also the AMD-specific EQAA, which doesn't show up on my pretty competent (for an) AMD card.

With 8x MSAA, it's more 30-60 FPS.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Source engine did have ATI's TWIMTBP competitor (can't even remember what they called it now) logo back in the day. Looks like their optimization has finally paid off!

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Now a friend of mine has informed me that there will be three kinds of robots in the full game, which sounds like it would make for more interesting and dynamic combat. What troubles me about that is that this beta features a mode specifically for robo-combat, so it would probably be wise to capitalize on that mode and show off the supposed fun of going up against different kinds of robots. It's a pretty fucking stupid omission!!

DeepOcean

Arcane
Now a friend of mine has informed me that there will be three kinds of robots in the full game, which sounds like it would make for more interesting and dynamic combat. What troubles me about that is that this beta features a mode specifically for robo-combat, so it would probably be wise to capitalize on that mode and show off the supposed fun of going up against different kinds of robots. It's a pretty fucking stupid omission!!
Three robots seem a little too little for me. I can see already, EA is going to milk the shit out this game in DLC.

DakaSha

Arcane
First impression is def leading me to believe that i will be popping many moles to come

DakaSha

Arcane
Looks like im gonna have fun with good popamole game while you cry on rpgcodex

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Itz kewl if you're into that stuff. I generally don't like all these modern military multiplayer shooters. They get boring fast.

J1M

Arcane
Can someone summarize what the core gameplay loop of this is? All I've been able to find is that it is a shooter, has graphics, is multiplayer, and full of hyperbole.

Can someone summarize what the core gameplay loop of this is? All I've been able to find is that it is a shooter, has graphics, is multiplayer, and full of hyperbole.

Basically it's 6v6 CoD with lots of AI bots so that everyone gets to get kills and feel good, where every few minutes you get a mech to pilot but the mech is pretty lame compared to a real mech game. Also you can double jump and wall jump and shit like a ninja but this actually makes skill less important rather than more because of the usual "whoever sees the other person first wins" CoD gameplay.

This isn't too inaccurate either.

Many reviewers predicted Titanfall to be the next step for the first-person shooter genre

Said reviewers forgot to mention that it was the next step down.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Played the beta, found it pretty fun. Nice and fast paced. I'll probably get the full game, I expect it will provide enough entertainment to be worth the price tag.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Basically it's 6v6 CoD with lots of AI bots so that everyone gets to get kills and feel good, where every few minutes you get a mech to pilot but the mech is pretty lame compared to a real mech game. Also you can double jump and wall jump and shit like a ninja but this actually makes skill less important rather than more because of the usual "whoever sees the other person first wins" CoD gameplay.
Ew, can't believe there are forced bots. That's terrible. 6v6 is annoyingly small anyway

DakaSha

Arcane
The 'forced bots' are a good addition and accomplish what the game devs obviously had in mind. Not that the average edgy codexer would understand

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The bots seem to be purely aesthetic. I don't think I've ever died or even been injured severely because of them. It's kind of neat to hear them making chatter with one another, but that's about it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They can actually dish a good amount of damage to your titan if you're not careful. But yeah, they're mostly there as cannon fodder so you are always shooting at something, also they give a pretty good hint about how clear of enemy pilots is the area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom