Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

What does the speed setting do exactly? Does it speed up the entire game significantly? One of the worst things about TQ was how slow it was.

bloodlover

Arcane
I dunno, as I recall it was less the difficulty of the end boss and more the horrible balancing of the different classes.
First time I reached Titan I couldn't beat him, no matter what. It was impossible.
Second time (with a different class) I mopped the floor with him - at least he was relatively doable.
Third time I couldn't even put a dent in him (I think it was a summoning based class).

Some of the minor bosses were also insanely difficult depending on your build, even in basic difficulty.

I wish there was another game like the original Diablo. It was fun in single player, had enough content to keep you entertained but not so much that it was impossible to get stuff without trading with other players.
I'm referring to, for example, gathering sets - in D2 and D3, you have to grind an ungodly amount of hours for a serious chance to complete ANY set. Lower level sets are completely useless this way, because by the time you grinded enough to get all parts, you'll have outleveled them with half a dozen different characters...

Another thing I loved in D1 and not so much in games like Titan Quest (basically all Diablo-likes after D1) is the world itself.
D1 was still closest to it's roguelike roots, with just the little village and otherwise a dozen (or whatever it was) dungeon levels, completely random generated, themed by their depth.

Even in the original sequels ... D2 was still random, but less so than D1, and D3 is static with just some randomized locations.
:decline:

I think there are sets in this one too.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
This is pretty nice how the released this updated version for free for people who already own both versions. I thought I would have to buy it again, and even tried, but it wouldn't let me. I probably will never try it out, but it is good of them to improve the game so much and have a 75% off sale right at the release so I figured I'd support the practice. I still have Bloodlust, Grim Dawn and Zombasite to try when I am in an arpg mood.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Slightly disapointed on the update.

A long time player of this game. Nearly 600 hours on Steam not counting hours played on the original disks which was also substantial. I thought there would be new levels or vastly improved graphics - maybe there is - not found them yet. What we do have is Steam Achivements and Trading Cards. An editor and a Workshop. So maybe some decent stuff will come through.

Never played ANY DIABLO - so don't know what all that is about. But this game, Titan Quest, is almost perfect in the ARPG series.

There is a very large change log and I posted some of that below with a link to the whole list at the end.

Basically they have merged Titan Quest with its Expansion and then also included a bunch of the mods fans made for it. Tried to fix multiplay and support higher resolutions. They fixed a lot of bugs and tweaked the various builds.

GENERAL
-------

+ Merged TQ and IT into one standalone game
- Fixed the "Slow Cast Bug" once and for all
- Fixed lags caused by Tower of Judgement and Crystaline Stellae scripts
+ Optimized world loading to minimize pauses and edited specifically problematic areas
- Reduced background saving when picking items below "rare" quality
- Reduced lag caused by AI failing to find a path
- Further performance improvements
+ Stash and Transfer area item files now use relative paths
- Doubled size of caravan stash
+ Added key to pick up nearby gold, relics and potions (auto pickup)
- Removed GameSpy implementation
+ Added new multiplayer and lobby system
+ Implemented NAT Traversal and NAT Proxy Connectivity Layer
+ Added support for Steam friend invites
+ Added voice chat for multiplayer parties
+ Added Steam Achievements
+ Added Steam Trading Cards

=======================
>>>> PLAYER SKILLS <<<<
=======================

EARTH MASTERY
-------------

Earth Enchantment:
+ Now also increases Burn Damage
+ Radius increases by 10% per additional level
- Unified all non-trance aura cooldowns to 4 seconds

Volativity:
+ Now also increases Burn Damage
+ Also increases Physical Damage (half as much)

Heat Shield:
- Now aborbs a percentage of Fire Damage for 100 seconds

Stoneform:
- Rock effect time now equal immobility/protection time
- Grants an extra 3 Life Regernation per additional level
- Life Regeneration starts at 10

Stoneform ~ Molten Rock:
- Inflicts an extra 3 Fire Retaliation Damage per additional level
+ Also adjusted time and added new effects

Core Dweller ~ Wildfire:
- Now does Burn Damage per second rather than Fire every second

Volcanic Orb:
- Increased radius by 0.5m (to 3m)

Volcanic Orb ~ Conflagration:
- Increased radius by 1m (to 4m)
- Increased Burn Damage by 150%

Volcanic Orb ~ Fragmentation:
- Reduced radii by 1m (to 2m)
- Changed fragment explosion effects to better represent the AoE

Ring of Flame:
+ Added new effect that better represents the radius
- Increased damage by 50%
- Changed Mana Cost per second to 20% of damage inflicted

Ring of Flame ~ Soften Metal:
+ Causes % OA Reduction instead of x Reduced Physical Damage
- Changed Mana Cost per second to 20% of damage inflicted

Flame Surge:
- Added new animation, slightly increased range, adjusted cast distance
+ Enemies hit have their Defensive Ability reduced by a percentage for 3 seconds

Flame Surge ~ Barrage:
- Increased Burn Damage by 100%, with a +-50% variance
- Reduces Flame Surge base cooldown by 0.6 seconds per level (zero cooldown at level 10) instead of %
+ Reduces Flame Surge mana cost according to the skill's description

Flame Surge ~ Flame Arch:
- Adds more Fire Damage (half of Flame Surge's numbers) rather than increasing Fire by a percentage
+ Adds a 5% chance for 1 second of fear

ARTEFACTS
---------

- Fixed poison damage boosts on numerous artefacts
- Molten Orb: Also increases Burn Damage
- Amber Flask: Doubled Defensive Ability
- Pale Moon: Also increases Electrical Burn Damage, added 42 energy drain over 3 seconds
- Shroud of Eternal Night: Removed 40 energy drain over 2 seconds
- Touch of the Fool: Energy Cost Reduction x3
- Leafsong: Doubled Poison Resistance
- Skyfire Pendant: Doubled %Lightning bonus, also increases Electrical Burn Damage
+ Razor Claw: Grants Physical Damage to pets
- Cinderbolt: Also increases Burn Damage, 12% Pierce resistance
- Soul Shiver: Reduced Damage to Life by 4%, increased Vitality Damage
- Bloodrage: Bleeding modifier x3
- Sunstone: Also increases Burn Damage, +1 to Ring of Flame
+ Spirit Blight: Adds Vitality Damage to pets
- Earthen Talisman: Also increases Burn Damage
- Summoner's Totem: Also increases Burn Damage, +1 to Core Dweller
- Nexus of Insanity: Doubled Damage bonus
- Raven's Shadow: Doubled Reflection
- Tongue of Flame: Increases all Elemental Damage
- Silver Heart: Also increases Frostburn and Electrical Burn Damage
- Eye of the Heavens: Also increases Frostburn and Electrical Burn Damage, ability is now an active spell
- Fury of the Ages: Also increases Burn Damage, doubled Pierce Resistance
- Effigy of Skyfire: Also increases Electrical Burn Damage
- Dragontongue: Also increases Burn Damage
- Heart of Earth: Also increases Burn Damage, added 5 Health Regeneration per second
- Arcane Mirror: Doubled Reflection of item and triggered ability
+ Conqueror's Mark: Gives +200 Health and 10% speed to pets
- Crosier of Osiris: Soul Drain is now an active skill with a 120 second cooldown
- Poseidon's Net: Also increases Frostburn and Electrical Burn Damage
- Demeter's Bounty: Now comes with a 5 meter radius
- Might of Hephaestus: Iron Fist is now an active skill with a 120 second cooldown
- Thoth's Glory: Now includes 100% Trap Resistance
- Eye of Ra: Also increases Burn Damage, does Burn damage
- Lyre of Apollo: Doubled chance of Disruption, also dodges melee attacks

http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_AnniversaryEdition_FullChangelog.txt

Dux

Arcane
I'm doing a second run now as a Hunter for the sake of the re-release. Can't say I'm overly thrilled about revisiting the third act and the expansion, though. I mean, I like the game certainly but it goes on for far too long. IT is just plain bad, in my opinion. Boring as Charlie Bucket's chalky whitebread ass... whatever that means.

I wonder if this is about to become a thing: old games getting updated on Steam. The Commandos games were and KotOR 2 as well. If it's executed well and with restraint I'm all for it.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Playing the new version too. Disappointed that there isn't any new content but hopeful that will come through the modding community.

On the first act and noted rare item drops gave increased. Also have about a 20+ health regeneration which was impossible to achieve at this stage in previous incarnation.

Trying a Spirit/ Nature build. Using a pet Lich cool as well. They alsi made the game a bit harder as the boss* creatures pack a punch.

Looks good imho

Coma White

Educated
Never played ANY DIABLO - so don't know what all that is about. But this game, Titan Quest, is almost perfect in the ARPG series.

I really, really recommend you play Diablo. Skip the third, play the first, and especially the second. I played Diablo II for like a fucking decade -- it really is the best ARPG ever made. RIP Blizzard North: the hero we no longer deserve, and the hero we need right now.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I prefer TQ over any Diablo in single player, e.g. with most masteries you get some kind of summon so that's nice. Definitely beats playing a Paladin in D2, right?

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Definitely rubbed me the wrong way playing a character that was obviously meant as MP support, no matter if he's powerful or not. In TQ most classes have mostly character focused abilities with some summon and party support skills thrown in. I find that much more palatable in single player. YMMV

Aothan

Magister
speaking of Paladin I happened to make one for the latest content without knowing (or specifically recalling) that is what the Storm and Defence mastery class is known as

but, I started with Storm and used the first 7 levels almost exclusively to advance the mastery rather than skills, and then I swapped to Defence and..did the same, it has been an incredibly slow start and I'm still not sure how I intend to design this character. One of the changes that could significantly alter Storm mastery for melee classes is the increasing effect of reflect skills relative to character levels (listed in general changes) which I initially started with until realising it a very indirect playstyle and does not usually keep me interested, though I might nonetheless include Storm Surge at later levels

also noticed the increased chance of finding rarer items as well and have a good shield ready for use when I finally begin to level this character -_-

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Downloaded tonight and rolling a Juggernaught (Earth/Defense). Earth was a p. shitty mastery in vanilla IT, so we'll see if the buffs make it any good.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Some optimization to the game engine is confirmed as just been through the olive garden to get the sacred branch and no stuttering. I used to get that all the time in TQ:IT, even up to a few weeks a go when I last place that version.

Now it's smooth as my bottom.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah I've only had two of those hitches so far. Also yeah two uniques about 90m in

I'm using the Fast game speed to speed up the early game because move and attack speed can be pretty slow. Will probably disable it later when I get faster as and ms.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Definitely rubbed me the wrong way playing a character that was obviously meant as MP support, no matter if he's powerful or not. In TQ most classes have mostly character focused abilities with some summon and party support skills thrown in. I find that much more palatable in single player. YMMV

Be honest. The only reason you couldn't stand playing a Paladin was because he was black and that triggered you hard. But how could a jungle monkey be a Paladin?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, so I'm guessing no two-handed weapons and the guy's still not wearing any pants right?

Sensuki

Arcane
The only change I don't like so far is changing show loot to a toggle. That's annoying as fuck because I have 10 years of muscle memory of holding down ALT. Any way to change it back?

edit: dw they just made Lock Item Pickup selected by default, unticking fixes it.

Last edited:
Can anyone who used to have stutters on area transition (e.g. entering a cave) confirm those are gone with this update?

Doktor Best

Arcane
The game made me realize how important gore effects are to me in an A-rpg, dropped it now for Grim Dawn.

Aothan

Magister
found Bracers of the Gryphon with increase attack speed and elemental damage, finally reached shield charge that helps considerably with movement, and will now begin consolidating some of the earlier core skills and defensive abilities of the classes. The increase to challenge is very noticeable for some encounters, even standard groups can apply enough focus to make situations challenging at times, and so I expect the later levels and areas will require good preparation

Sensuki

Arcane
Jesus I can't even put a dint in Alastor with the new boss resist changes with my current character. Need to farm a better weapon.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it for a few hours yesterday/today. Was fun for a while, but it quickly wore off. It's a worse Diablo 2. Actually it's a copy pasted Diablo 2 with colorful graphics, minimum violence (no blood, no human enemies) and no atmosphere. Doesn't have many players online - I couldn't find a server with low level characters and when I made mine nobody joined.

Just play Diablo 2 or Grim Down/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom