Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Titan: Blizzard's cancelled MMO.

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Andhaira, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Andhairagender: ⚧ Arcane

Andhaira
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    They have set a release date of 2014. I'm surprised they did not go for a Starcraft MMO, considering the $$$ to be made from it. Maybe they are not greedy for money, as some suspect.

^ Top  
  2. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    source: Inter-Services Intelligence, U.S. relation and secrecy department.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again racofergender: ⚧ Thread Incliner

racofer
    Parrots:
    Will this game be the WoW killer? What do you think?

Discuss!!

^ Top  
  4. Zedgender: ⚧ wahoo

Zed
    Parrots:
  5. Dicksmokergender: ⚧ Arcane

Dicksmoker
    Parrots:
    Well that sounds interesting if true. Too bad it's an MMO.

^ Top  
  6. Von Paulusgender: ⚧ Educated

Von Paulus
    Parrots:
  7. DaveOgender: ⚧ Augur

DaveO
    Parrots:
    It will be cancelled like the Warcraft adventure game. :smug:

^ Top  
  8. pocahauntedgender: ⚧ Magister

pocahaunted
    Parrots:
    If not a troll, it should be cause it sounds fucking retarded.

^ Top  
  9. Konjadgender: ⚧ High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Wait guys... I don't get it... Are you considering that Andhaira's post is... serious?! :retarded:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Gragtgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    He has proven to be a very reliable and trustworthy quality poster in the past few years, so I don't see why we should doubt him.

^ Top  
  11. Shannowgender: ⚧ Waster of Time

Shannow
    Parrots:
    Apart from *insert inane question that has been beaten to death several times before*-"discuss!"-threads of olden times and "ToEE sucks because it has Cloud's sword in it and I hate it because the uncles who molest me and killed my dog while serving djinn love FF" whenever a thread about ToEE pops up has andhaira ever be prone to posting nonsens-troll-hype-shit?

^ Top  
  12. Angthorongender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman RPG Codex Staff

Angthoron
    Parrots:
    Well, considering how this is only on that particular board and just about nowhere else, I'd imagine that's a bunch of hogwash.

Then again.

^ Top  
  13. denizsigender: ⚧ Arcane

denizsi
    Parrots:
    Sounds like a facebook game.

^ Top  
  14. I'm With Her Metrogender: ⚧ for prison Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Exactly. The 'office' part. And then the 'field' part will just be more MMO schlock. If that info is true then it'll be terrible but will still probably sell in record numbers.

^ Top  
  15. Pika-Cthulhugender: ⚧ Arcane

Pika-Cthulhu
    Parrots:
    Expect Battle.net to replace Facebook.

^ Top  
  16. Gragtgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    First they integrate it, then they take it over.

^ Top  
  17. Norfleetgender: ⚧ Moderator

Norfleet
    Parrots:
    I'm not sure which I detest more of the two, so this seems an awful lot like the entire Bethesda vs. Interplay thing.

^ Top  
  18. Suchygender: ⚧ Arcane

Suchy
    Parrots:
    Blizzard.
    I'll pass.

^ Top  
  19. Hoodoogender: ⚧ It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    Parrots:

:retarded:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Xorgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Sounds fake.

^ Top  
  21. I'm With Her Metrogender: ⚧ for prison Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Parrots:
    Actually, I think it sounds too stupid to be fake. It isn't a big surprise Blizzard would go the free-to-play/facebook game route after all of that RealID garbage.

^ Top  
  22. Mother Russiagender: ⚧ Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013
    It's pretty amazing to me that with a team of 100+ ppl working on this since 2009 and still nothing has leaked.

Sure they have NDAs and shit, but programmers and developers of all people surely know how to post on message boards without being traced and found out. Add to that the face whoever does this/leaks news could actually make some money doing so, if he/she offered to tell what they know for cash.

Anyhow, it's been almost 4 years or so that work on this has been going on. This shit game should be nearing alpha stage, if it hasn't already.

Does anyone have any clues as to what setting the game is in? Will it be Starcraft MMO? Diablo MMO? Something New MMO?

IMO Starcraft could be quite successful, as there are no real Sci Fi MMOs on the market. Eve Online is there, but it is mostly a Spaceship SIM MMO. The last Sci Fi MMO that was big IMO was Anarchy Online.

OTOH Diablo MMO could be quite successful too...as it would potentially be the first Gothic, Dark Fantasy MMO.

^ Top  
  23. felipepepegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    I'm also really curious about this, but honestly, it's almost impossible to succeed... the expectations are even higher than Diablo 3, and the resposibility as well. It will probably fail even more than D3 and perhaps end this boring "everything is MMO" era...

WoW originally launched mostly riding on W3 fame and Blizzard's name, it wasn't the perfect launch of the best game ever, but they were smart enought to quickly copy every new feature other MMOs created. Titan will have to be released "almost perfect", people will be expecting it to play as smoothly as wow does after 8 years of pacthes, and to implement every great new ideia MMOs had...

I'm especially curious on how it will handle combat... the wow model is terribly outdated. I would instantly be hyped for this if they were going for a TERA-like approach, but I doubt it will be more than a Guild Wars clone... Blizzard never was a original company, just great at copying other stuff and making it look like it's theirs.

The setting is the other big question, Wow used all of W3's hype and was almost a sequel to it, you would see Thrall at Ogrimmar, the monument to Hellscrean's death, and latter even fight Arthas, Illidan and Deathwing... now that the whole Warcraft 2-3 lore is explored, Blizzard gives us filler stuff like pandas; and that already doesn't have the same impact as previous ones... Titan just doesn't have any lore to ride on anymore, unless it uses Starcraft's universe (and is released after the three SC2 games), they just won't have any "famous" names to drawn old players into it...

^ Top  
  24. Mother Russiagender: ⚧ Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013
    D3 failed? Are you sure? Didn't it sell like 10 million copies and was a huge mega success?

Sure word of mouth after sales on message boards few ppl frequent might be bad...but I doubt it affects Blizzards bottom line. ;)

Also, after some research on the web, it appears this MMO might be FPS derived, kinda like Mass Effect MMO...

^ Top  
  25. Wiliangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    When they first thing talked of it in the BlizzCon (either 2008 or 2009) they already confirmed it's a brand new IP so it's not even trying to ride on SC2 or Warcraft.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)