Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tips for the REAL battle? * spoilers *

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
StaticSpine

Can you provide a screenshot (inventory + stats) of your build? Your description leads me to believe your guy should be capable of taking Big Squid head on. Screenshots might help us identify the problem...

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eyestabber

25qEX.jpg

25qEZ.jpg

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I beat him without weakening him. Both, alchemy and old-fashioned whacking are possible with a combat build. Both require some reloading though.
10/10 and best arena gear+ dreamweaver sword.

Alchemy is straightforward, just survive his throwing attacks (i blocked) and throw everything you have as fast as possible (+AP drugs). I didn't even had the best stuff, i thought liquid fire damaged him the most, because his armor didn't help him there.

As for meleeing: +AP drugs, a Bolas hit, put yourself between him and the railings. Use aimed attacks to Arms to make him miss next turn, mix in a head hit, repeat 2 times, i think. Reload if something goes wrong.
Is there a place where you can stock a lot of liquid fires?
I did not even bother to stock up, just had like 6-7 in Alchemy (just spend the spare SP before the fight), gathered everything i found and made them myself. Then i also reloaded and bought all the resources in Maadoran, then tried again. It might have been very close though. But a tough fight with several reloads is fine for the finale.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
StaticSpine

Strange...your stats are p. gud, it's more than enough to beat him.

Oukay, how exactly are you figthing him? Are you using Aimed: arms? Are you moving to his side to avoid knockbacks (watch the final minutes of my ironman video if you don't know what I'm talking about)? I noticed you have a small CS investment. How is you CS chance on Aimed: Head? His head isn't very reinforced against CS, you might just kill him by whacking him in the head. :P

Are you using the power armor "cheeses"? Are you whacking his arms? And PLEASE tell me you saved the Widowmaker's potion.

EDIT: I'm recording a video series on how to kill him. You could send me your savegame, since I don't have a block/hammer guy :D

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
StaticSpine

Oukay, how exactly are you figthing him? Are you using Aimed: arms? Are you moving to his side to avoid knockbacks (watch the final minutes of my ironman video if you don't know what I'm talking about)? I noticed you have a small CS investment. How is you CS chance on Aimed: Head? His head isn't very reinforced against CS, you might just kill him by whacking him in the head. :P

Are you using the power armor "cheeses"? Are you whacking his arms? And PLEASE tell me you saved the Widowmaker's potion.

EDIT: I'm recording a video series on how to kill him. You could send me your savegame, since I don't have a block/hammer guy :D
I tried to throw a Hellgate bomb to him and fight him with my mace+vial of poison+grindstone. Didn't think about getting to his side, he usually knocks me back with his first attack (and he goes first in the battle). The THC was pretty low for me, and successful regular attacks landed something like 20-25 damage.

savegame

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
StaticSpine

I tried to throw a Hellgate bomb to him and fight him with my mace+vial of poison+grindstone. Didn't think about getting to his side, he usually knocks me back with his first attack (and he goes first in the battle). The THC was pretty low for me, and successful regular attacks landed something like 20-25 damage.

savegame

Killed him with your save.

But then I forgot to show the stats in the video :negative::negative::negative:

EDIT: Did it with one HP left now, but I derped a bit. Could've gone better...

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
StaticSpine

savegame

Killed him with your save.

But then I forgot to show the stats in the video :negative::negative::negative:

EDIT: Did it with one HP left now, but I derped a bit. Could've gone better...
:negative: how did you do it?

the faggot wrecks me in a couple of turns

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does power armor work as intended? Do you switch into the str after getting a bonus from dex?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I don't know man, 5 attempts? Are you attacking his head? It's not just about the extra damage, it's also about reducing his PER and Attack rating...

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
I don't know man, 5 attempts? Are you attacking his head? It's not just about the extra damage, it's also about reducing his PER and Attack rating...
Sure, I'm hitting the head after throwing bolas. Landing massive damage, but can not survive long enough to finish him:lol: Most of the times he kills me on his second turn without any chances.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Sure, I'm hitting the head after throwing bolas. Landing massive damage, but can not survive long enough to finish him:lol: Most of the times he kills me on his second turn without any chances.

Yeah...that's RNG screwing you. I have 3 other videos on which I managed to kill him with your build. And several failed attempts, ofc... :lol:

BTW, you will survive MUCH longer if you use the widowmaker's armor + a tower shield instead of PA. But your damage will reduce, ofc. Decisions, decisions!

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

Yeah...that's RNG screwing you. I have 3 other videos on which I managed to kill him with your build. And several failed attempts, ofc... :lol:

BTW, you will survive MUCH longer if you use the widowmaker's armor + a tower shield instead of PA. But your damage will reduce, ofc. Decisions, decisions!
Nailed it! Thx man!

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron

Nailed it! Thx man!

NICE! Power armor or regular armor and shield?

Killed him in my first attempt with the generic sword&shield legion merc going full Ra mode.

All my 2h failed :( I just suck with pure combat dodgers.

Btw, PA needs Isis mode.:terrorist:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Does power armor work as intended? Do you switch into the str after getting a bonus from dex?
Yes. There are lots of little tricks you can pull with the PA, maybe I'll do a video about it in the future. Maybe. :P

It should be noted that this works best with STR weapons, since the THC bonus will be reduced if you're using a dex weapon.

valcik

Arcane
This is how I killed Agathoth at first try with IG mercenary: (1) fight; (2) character sheet. He was weakened by foul canister found at mountain facility and as you can see, he mindraped me twice for 2*12 HP and landed one mighty punch for 9 HP before he fell. Nothing to worry about with my 50 HP and cellular regeneration. Alchemy used - two my own extended neurostims, nothing else. ^^

1. http://i.imgur.com/KsE2dD5.jpg
2. http://i.imgur.com/n3DcmF7.jpg

MarkedOne

Educated
nice, that's somethin i haven't tried. usually use dodge coz of the counter-attack chance. but horus will give you more AP for your next turn after his attack.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, ending the turn in Horus mode is kinda universal. Did you know you can get 2 turns in a row by doing this? :D

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I managed to kill him with an axe wielding IG mercenary with almost no alchemy, no weakening, no mind shield, just neurostimulant eagle eye, dodging and axing.

1. Character sheet: http://i.imgur.com/2YL2SSP.jpg
2. Inventory: http://i.imgur.com/HgIS1CL.jpg
3. Fight part 1: http://i.imgur.com/0WK31G4.jpg
4. Fight part 2: http://i.imgur.com/ZRrhTOH.jpg
5. Fight part 3: http://i.imgur.com/nUGD9Z7.jpg
6. Fight part 4 (end): http://i.imgur.com/Fjx9qkd.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom