Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tips for the REAL battle? * spoilers *

Tigranes

Arcane
STR raises your attack rating, and therefor your hit chance. Do you mean it raises specifically CS? Weird. Can't see your screenshot except as a tiny thumbnail because of spoilertag.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
STR raises your attack rating, and therefor your hit chance. Do you mean it raises specifically CS? Weird. Can't see your screenshot except as a tiny thumbnail because of spoilertag.

Removed spoiler tags. STR doesn't increase my attack rating because I'm using a dagger (DEX based weapon), it should only affect my damage.

However against Agatoth for some reason STR also raises my chance of critical on aimed attacks to arms and legs (but not torso), have no idea why.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Tested it a bit and STR does indeed increase critical chance on aimed attacks to arms and legs (and apparently head as well).

It's confirmed by Pope Amole II:

Edit: I'm an idiot, all of this is displayed in a formula when you hover over any type of attack, it shows the calculation behind it and by which attribute the attack is governed.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Tested it a bit and STR does indeed increase critical chance on aimed attacks to arms and legs (and apparently head as well).

It's confirmed by Pope Amole II:

Edit: I'm an idiot, all of this is displayed in a formula when you hover over any type of attack, it shows the calculation behind it and by which attribute the attack is governed.

Aimed: Head -> STR
Arterial Strike -> PER

That's why I thought hivemind's build was weird, despite winning the pass (Ordu side). If you dump both STR and PER, going for CS is a weird choice (tho not completely useless, since non aimed criticals don't have a STR/PER increase on their formulas). Also, not every weapon is capable of arterial strikes and I THINK Aimed: Torso might scale differently depending on the weapon used. As a dagger assassin you just bump PER and go for the neck every time :D

Tigranes

Arcane
Used it, in any case. Archers were still the problem. Everybody dies in 1 turn with 2 Aimed:Head Dreamweavers to the face, or 2 turns max, but there are so many of them you have to dodge/block like a hundred arrows / pilum, and some of them get past you. Meaning you simply need a certain amount of dodge or block (100+), rather than tactics.

Tigranes

Arcane
10/8/6/8/4/4. Also 4 Alchemy. Dreamweaver, Al-Sahir's armour, the 11DR Infantry Shield. Neurostim'd then ran to the south end where the fences are to minimise arrow angles, everything went fine the first time, though several hits got through at the end when I had to run all over teh place to hit the last archers.

hivemind

Did you get surrounded in the fence ?
I mostly fought them in the open to get as many possible poison stacks using whirwinds on the legionaries asap.

Tigranes

Arcane
In the fence, I can fight almost indefinitely, since only a couple archers can get a shot in at any one time. It doesn't really matter what happens with the melee guys, because you block every hit with the shield and then lop off their heads almost 1 per turn. The only problem is that archers and even velites still, with like 130/140 defence rating, have a decent chance of getting hits through armour.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
As in do the kingslayer thing then side with gaelius to fight the pass on ordu side instead of IG. I have no ideia how to start the battle you guys keep talking about.

hivemind

As in do the kingslayer thing then side with gaelius to fight the pass on ordu side instead of IG. I have no ideia how to start the battle you guys keep talking about.
lol xd
I don't think such a thing is even possible.

The battle we keep talking about is the one you can get if you go the pass as Aurelian Preator and tell the Decanus to go fuck himself when he asks you what are you doing at the pass.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Oh...that. I see. My aurelian praetor was a talker, that's why I missed it. The main reason for betraying IG is Darius helm. I hear it protects from big A's mind rape. Is that true?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Aimed: Head -> STR
Arterial Strike -> PER

That's why I thought hivemind's build was weird, despite winning the pass (Ordu side). If you dump both STR and PER, going for CS is a weird choice (tho not completely useless, since non aimed criticals don't have a STR/PER increase on their formulas). Also, not every weapon is capable of arterial strikes and I THINK Aimed: Torso might scale differently depending on the weapon used. As a dagger assassin you just bump PER and go for the neck every time :D

STR also affects aimed to arms and legs so playing a high STR dagger-using thug is very viable.

Guys, how do I betray IG to side with the Ordu? Can I do that as a "brute"?

To betray IG and join Gaileus you need to let Strabos die. He'll make you an Aurelian preator and send you to the pass then.

Oh...that. I see. My aurelian praetor was a talker, that's why I missed it. The main reason for betraying IG is Darius helm. I hear it protects from big A's mind rape. Is that true?

Can't get Darius Tomb quest as IG even if you betray them (skips to Pass quest right away). You can get it with Assassin/Praetor backgrounds for example, as a Prateor you save his life obviously and he has a deal with Darista which allows for some painless guild switching.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What's the best class/strategy to kill the blue fag?

I finished my full combat hammer/block (& 10 crafting) IG mercenary playthrough but couldn't beat him in a fair fight and I found no way to get the canister to weaken him.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Alchemy worked for my otherwise invincible guy. I didnt have problems with any other fight in the game but big A is just too strong... or more accurately his def is just too insanely high.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I beat him without weakening him. Both, alchemy and old-fashioned whacking are possible with a combat build. Both require some reloading though.
10/10 and best arena gear+ dreamweaver sword.

Alchemy is straightforward, just survive his throwing attacks (i blocked) and throw everything you have as fast as possible (+AP drugs). I didn't even had the best stuff, i thought liquid fire damaged him the most, because his armor didn't help him there.

As for meleeing: +AP drugs, a Bolas hit, put yourself between him and the railings. Use aimed attacks to Arms to make him miss next turn, mix in a head hit, repeat 2 times, i think. Reload if something goes wrong.

quasimodo

Augur
I used Spear 10 Block 10 and meteor hasta and killed him unweakened first try. If you position yourself with one clear space between you he will keep impaling himself and not do you any damage.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I beat him without weakening him. Both, alchemy and old-fashioned whacking are possible with a combat build. Both require some reloading though.
10/10 and best arena gear+ dreamweaver sword.

Alchemy is straightforward, just survive his throwing attacks (i blocked) and throw everything you have as fast as possible (+AP drugs). I didn't even had the best stuff, i thought liquid fire damaged him the most, because his armor didn't help him there.

As for meleeing: +AP drugs, a Bolas hit, put yourself between him and the railings. Use aimed attacks to Arms to make him miss next turn, mix in a head hit, repeat 2 times, i think. Reload if something goes wrong.
Is there a place where you can stock a lot of liquid fires?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No, you need to make them yourself. Theres a lot of oil in the aurelian mine, saros prospector has a lot, zamedi tower has some and of course in the shops.

Is it possible to melee the big A without being A and getting their training?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom