Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tips for the REAL battle? * spoilers *

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ENDGAME SPOILERS, GTFO IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME YET!!!!

So...I thought I had the perfect murder machine. Herron's Pass? Easy. Arena champion? Oh please. 10 STR, 10 dex 6 CON, maxed out axe, dodge and craft.

And then I tried to get the "No gods" ending, by killing Azatoth. HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. How on earth can I defeat that guy? Depending on RNG's whims, he kills me on the very first round with a bitchslap CS. Dodge only seems to work like 40% of times (down from like 95% against everything else). So...any tips for beating him, or do I simply have to pray for REALLY good RNG results? Because so far I managed to get him down to "injured", but he always kills me :(

NOTE: I'm talking about the God in the endgame temple, not the abyss god.

AGAIN: I had ZERO trouble with combat during the entire game once I figured out this build. Got Terminator, Arena Champion and pretty much everything combat related. Everything except killing this asshole...

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Step 1: wear a yuuuuuuge suit of armour
Step 2: make a lot of strong fire potions
Step 3: grilled octopus

See other threads for more details

Dyskolos

Cipher
He went down pretty quick with the bomb you find in hellgate + a lot of high-crafting fragment bombs. Even maxed dodge I took a few hits from his darts but as long as I didn't let him close in and knock me down it wasn't bad.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I haven't killed him with old stabby stabby method but if I would try to my character would probably have:
1) Either axe or dagger, crafted or special-buy/find with +20% THC, for Fast Attacks (so I would actually not level up Crafting probably)
2) 10 + 5 in weapon skills for max synergy to THC
3) 10 Alchemy for Neuro Stims, both types of Mushrooms potions, regen potion maybe? never tried regen potion or acid, couldn't find ingredients (found like 2 ingredients for acid during some heavy lore playthrough)
4) Power armor with 3 tubes
5) Max Block with best shield avaible
6) Mind Shield? I think I got that perk once but I cant for hella remember where

Also there is Bolter, anyone tried Bolter? Spehhs Marines!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't killed him with old stabby stabby method but if I would try to my character would probably have:
1) Either axe or dagger, crafted or special-buy/find with +20% THC, for Fast Attacks (so I would actually not level up Crafting probably)
2) 10 + 5 in weapon skills for max synergy to THC
3) 10 Alchemy for Neuro Stims, both types of Mushrooms potions, regen potion maybe? never tried regen potion or acid, couldn't find ingredients
4) Power armor with 3 tubes
5) Max Block with best shield avaible
6) Mind Shield? I think I got that perk once but I cant for hella remember where

You can get acid by using sulphur (combine it with fools gold or other stuff if you like). The regen potion ingredient is found at the monastery (there used to be another in the sewer safe or zamedi, but I think they replaced it all with dragons blood). The healer can make the regen potion for you, but maybe the player can make a more powerful version? I know alchemy upgrades it from 9 to 10, so there must be astronger version.

You get mind shield in the abyss, you need con 7 and a strong distaste for maadoran. Darius helm serves a similar purpose, but i dont know if you can use it in the battle.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
6 con is a bit low for Agathoth, since the dude does so much fucking damage. Only way I could see that working is either getting mind shield or spamming level 10 fire vials/bombs.

I just beat him with a 10/9/9/4/4/4 10 axe, 10 dodge, 10 CS dude by cheesing power armor modes and taking neurostimulants I found/bought. Switch CS with alchemy or crafting and I'm sure it would be a cakewalk, since all that CS did for that fight was make me less vulnerable to getting critted.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also there is Bolter, anyone tried Bolter? Spehhs Marines!

Meh. It's a good replacement for the hand crossbow, but that's about it. Cool if you want to poison a lot of people from a distance because the AP use is low.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sedative injection > hellgate superbomb > Alchemy bombs. Highish Block + keep 2 squares away so he only shoots needles that you block and occassionally mindrapes you.

kryminator

Augur
I killed him with sword/dodge/CS=10/10/8 and used the rest hamstered SP on dagger for synergy before fight (was enough for only 3 dagger but maybe it helped). I ate neurostimulant +15THC and +4AP for 2 turns and used bomb from hellgate (about 30 dmg). I fought with sharpened meteor scimitar and probably was lucky when I beat him after about 10 failed tries. I tried to hit his hands but after a few failed tries I used only fast attacks (especially that +15 THC from neurostim was long gone) and prayed to god of randomness to help me. No power armor, no alchemy consumables span (only that neurostim and bomb).

Joora

Novice
A nice suit of armor, a weapon that can attack diagonally and enough AP to move twice and still attack.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
ENDGAME SPOILERS, GTFO IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME YET!!!!

So...I thought I had the perfect murder machine. Herron's Pass? Easy. Arena champion? Oh please. 10 STR, 10 dex 6 CON, maxed out axe, dodge and craft.

And then I tried to get the "No gods" ending, by killing Azatoth. HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. How on earth can I defeat that guy? Depending on RNG's whims, he kills me on the very first round with a bitchslap CS. Dodge only seems to work like 40% of times (down from like 95% against everything else). So...any tips for beating him, or do I simply have to pray for REALLY good RNG results? Because so far I managed to get him down to "injured", but he always kills me :(

NOTE: I'm talking about the God in the endgame temple, not the abyss god.

AGAIN: I had ZERO trouble with combat during the entire game once I figured out this build. Got Terminator, Arena Champion and pretty much everything combat related. Everything except killing this asshole...

Do you have eagle eye (IG path nets you two) or even normal neural stimulants (there are some in Dead River IIRC)? It basically goes like this:

-Craft Shadhavar (since you're an Axe user), gives you +6% to hit and since it's two-handed one hit in the arms reduces enemy accuracy by 20.

-Put all your excess points into hammers to boost your accuracy (sinergy bonus)

-Use a sharpening stone, with 10 crafting it's devastating.

The key to the fight is for him to miss his first melee attack on you so you can gulp neurostimulant and target his airms, once you hit them once or twice finish him off with fast attacks.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Where the fuck is the sedative thing that people keep talking about? Something that would weaken the guy?

EDIT: Learned on my 2nd playtrough how insanely powerful alchemy is. Should've gone alchemy instead of lore and I should've kept the power armor :(.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's in the medical facility, you have to click on the tubes after reading the lore segment among the scrolls. Very easy to miss that.

Mozg

Arcane
Lore gets you a fair amount of skillpoints that you can't get any other way. It doesn't quite pay for itself so you're a little better off not taking it over 3 just in terms of raw skillpoints, but it's effectively much cheaper than other skills so it's not too much of a stretch to put it on a nearly-pure fighter. Plus you need it for the healing machine so it can get you a* stat point.

(or two if you play the thieves' questline and "lose" the canister you steal on the way back to levir)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Tbh, If I loaded a previous save with my fighter I could fix some choices and defeat the god thing, but, tbh, I very much dislike this sort of solution. I feel like it's a form of cheating.

Also, how do we get the bolter? And what's the associated skill? Crossbow?

And where is the medical facility anyway? I hear there is two, but I've no idea how to activate them. One is in the Maadoran well and the other...? Something about the TG? How can I get muh free stats as a boatman?

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You can get the bolter in the Tower of Zamedi basement, it requires one power tube (well worth it) and probably also some crafting. It relies on the crossbow skill and is easily one of the best weapons in the game.

Damage isn't "great", but you can fire a lot of times per turn since basic attacks only cost 1 AP (2 AP to reload). With high dexterity, some CS skill, crafted steel bolts and poison it becomes extremely powerful.

I like to use it as my main go-to weapon on smart hybrid characters. If some enemy simply cannot be hit due to high defence, I just switch to the scooped crossbow and use the snipe attack.

As for medical facility: you can reach it either from the well or from the Tower of Zamedi. There is another healing machine you can reach if you pass the lore check with Levir, but I don't think it counts as a facility as such. Levir's machine can also be found if you make a deal with Lady Lorenza, either by killing Darista in the assassin questline or by betraying Strabos as a merchant.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You get another chest if you find the facility... and one even more secure than chest in fort you only get when you kill Antidas to boot... Cause its hidden in well and protected by Lamp lock.... I used it for my rare weapons and other aritifacta collection ;P Gaining +Con +Regeneration was well worth it btw... Still died a few times but saved hundreds of gold coins for Medics and potions. Btw House Aurelian rules it was most fun quest line so far... even when I did missed a lot of side content with my low PER char... Crashing your Air ship Easter egg was very funny. :hero:

Tigranes

Arcane
The 'Other' real battle... has anyone beaten Harran's Pass by going as Aurelian Praetor then starting a fight in the middle of the courtyard via dialogue? The Pass used to be eminently doable in the beta, but now that's the only way to start a fight, and it's easy enough to run to a chokepoint, but 100 Defence Rating means an average of 10-15HP loss every ~2 turns from Superman Archers. And of course you can only go to the pass before reaching Ganezzar, so you lack SP & gear like power armour.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
The 'Other' real battle... has anyone beaten Harran's Pass by going as Aurelian Praetor then starting a fight in the middle of the courtyard via dialogue? The Pass used to be eminently doable in the beta, but now that's the only way to start a fight, and it's easy enough to run to a chokepoint, but 100 Defence Rating means an average of 10-15HP loss every ~2 turns from Superman Archers. And of course you can only go to the pass before reaching Ganezzar, so you lack SP & gear like power armour.

Yeah, several people managed it. I did it with a few builds but the most successful one was a blocker build that had HP regeneration, 8 in Axe, 9-10 in Blocking and 8 in crafting (decked in blue steel lamelar ordu armor and wearing a tower shield). Of course even then the RNG can screw you to a degree but 9 out of 10 times he'll get through it, sometimes he'll even regenerate to full health by the time the last archer remains.

Sure you lack PA but you can get quite a bit of SP in Maadoran if you explore and do everything including stuff like Zamedi Tower (killing the demon nets you a lot of SP, 20+).

Basically, this is one situation where blockers shine:

screenshot_004_00001.jpg

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
decked in blue steel lamelar ordu armor
I went full derp and melted Honorbound into ingots to make Imperial Armor.
It is also a good idea to carry at least 2 shields for that fight - one as a spare, when it's DR get lowered too much.

Can't bring myself to go lower than 8 DEX
Bazuso obviously was just an experiment on my part. I prefer 9+ DEX characters all the time.
Still for that particular fight that sort of character is quite effective, but that's only 1 fight in the game of many.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
His knockback was screwing me over originally. I would survive fine until he started backhanding my character and knocking him back.

I eventually got him to move so I could wedge my character between him and the console, so when he did his knockback attack I would just get knocked back into the console and not have to waste AP on moving.

hivemind

ye
It's pretty free if you have good defense + some solid DR and good enough con boosted by the regen pot
did it a while ago with a sword dodger

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Any high alchemy build has an easy time with him. I defeated him with my max hybridism praetor by spamming bombs and liquid fire.

Also, PA in dex mode allows you to alpha strike him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom