Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live

Reinar

Scholar
What Brian Fargo sees:
e84d034a98c3ef33dfa9226c21fa3ec4.jpg
What I see:
106_1.jpg

I liked Knight Rider though. When I was a child...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Someone just made a 20k investment, and then the pledges jumped up by 6k in a minute. 37 Pieces of Flair stretchgoal unlocked!

Infinitron prepare the newspost!

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

w/r/t this, is it really necessary to have several newsposts about ongoing kick- and figstarters? Seems kinda pointless to have single threads with just one or two pages of discussion. Whats wrong with just having it in one thread and update title and OP?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

w/r/t this, is it really necessary to have several newsposts about ongoing kick- and figstarters? Seems kinda pointless to have single threads with just one or two pages. Whats wrong with just having it in one thread and update to title and OP?

Doesn't give the devs enough front page exposure.

Another thing that gives devs exposure is when you keep bumping this thread instead of using the one in the subforum :M

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is increible how divisive W3 is; while I expected the usual shitposters and edgelord wannabes I see a lot of respected posters on both sides of the fence...I will probably pledge in a couple of days when I sort some stuff out but the talking car seems good old campy fun

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It is increible how divisive W3 is; while I expected the usual shitposters and edgelord wannabes I see a lot of respected posters on both sides of the fence...I will probably pledge in a couple of days when I sort some stuff out but the talking car seems good old campy fun

What specifically interest you in this to want to back it?

ArchAngel

Arcane

I would back it because of chance to get a much cheaper price but still being able to play it near release date (after first round of patches goes through), but don't trust Fargo anymore to deliver a game worth even that much.
(If TToN and BT4 don't suck, I will pirate WL3 and then if it is good buy at 50% sale).

Maybe most of these people think the same. I doubt their line of thought is like with WL2: "I need to back it or game like this will never be made again!"

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm backing it because I liked WL2 and this seems at least on par with that, maybe even better. This way I can get it much cheaper, plus I get Underrail too.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I'm backing it because I liked WL2 and this seems at least on par with that, maybe even better. This way I can get it much cheaper, plus I get Underrail too.
So you're 100% ok paying for something of unknown quality 3-4 years in advance but you didn't yet buy Underrail for half of the price you're paying now? And it's been out for almost a year.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

So you're 100% ok paying for something of unknown quality 3-4 years in advance but you didn't yet buy Underrail for half of the price you're paying now? And it's been out for almost a year.
Underrail was on my wishlist for long, but I always missed it, and I rarely buy games nowadays to be honest. Backing WL3 and getting UR for 20 dollars is a good combination for me, so I coughed up the money.

And while WL3 might be unknown quality, I have yet to be disappointed by inxile, so they have my trust.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Underrail was on my wishlist for long, but I always missed it, and I rarely buy games nowadays to be honest. Backing WL3 and getting UR for 20 dollars is a good combination for me, so I coughed up the money.
Did you even buy AoD? It's a good game, you should play it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Did you even buy AoD? It's a good game, you should play it.
Bought it, played it through. I obviously had to support VD.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
After exactly 24 hours, the Figstarter has taken in $500,442 in pledges. By comparison, WL2 made 470k on the calendar day of its launch (i.e. in less than 24 hours), Torment made 1,488k and BT4 made 706k.

After 48 hours, they're at 590,633.

And after 72 hours, they're at 625,985. But we're currently in the middle of the big push to the finish line, so it will probably slow down tomorrow.

96 hours: 651,427. If they could keep today's pace, they'd make another 625k before the end of the Figstarter. But it'll likely fall off a bit further.

120 hours: 671,052. Still on track for the talking car!

144 hours: 696,421. The 6k pledge pushed them up a bit, but otherwise it's holding steady.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2

The setting was fun, the combat was improved with the Director's cut (as well as the graphics) and while it isnt an all time great game it warranted 2 playthroughs and I can honestly say it was worth what I paid and what I got out of it
As for wanting to back this, having some pretty good writers, the brotherhood guys and a different take on the Wasteland sound good enough for me, plus their production values seem to be getting better

Darkzone

Arcane
I had forgotten the Knight Rider theme over the last decade or so.
It will take another until that melody leaves my head again.
:negative:
Yes that is probable, because Busta Rhymes - Fire it Up was released in 1998. Also the current US election begins to remind me of his video and this what will happen if they elect Clinton:

Or was it the Wasteland? I don't know, because both are to similar.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Hey D.Trump got a new limousine for grabing pussy:
HIHZ38c.jpg
Ohhh.. is just an WL3 update.
But wait i know who has stollen it:
latest

The Bullet Farmer. Here he is with some of his "chicks":
Peacemaker.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom