Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thoughts on The Settlers series?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Really? Tell him to come to the thread so we can suck him off.

Or JarlFrank can give him a congratulary blowjob on the behalf of the Codex.

I used to play the shit out of The Settlers on Amiga.

I never saw this:

...due to mysterious.... reasons.

warci

Educated
Really? Tell him to come to the thread so we can suck him off.

Or JarlFrank can give him a congratulary blowjob on the behalf of the Codex.

I used to play the shit out of The Settlers on Amiga.

I never saw this:

...due to mysterious.... reasons.

If I remember correctly you could boot from the second disk straight into the game skipping the intro. Saw it a bunch of times back in the day, despite my disks also being from dubious origin

Perkel

Arcane
The were great at the time.
Man i loved all those animations when they made stuff etc.

imajia

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm really into city-building games but have never touched this series despite knowing about it for over a decade. Which ones do you think are worth playing? I own a couple of games that are often compared to Settlers (Banished and Knights & Merchants) but I've also yet to play those.
Settler 1 is a milestone in gaming history and was one of the few games which were working with the more advanced processors on Amiga. Has nothing to do with the game, but Kudos for that. It's nowadays not realy worth playing for non Amiga fanboys, though.
Settler 2 is still great (and overpriced on GOG), but is less relaxed than the first one. Mines run out of ore way to fast, which always kind of stressed me.
If you don't mind letting your mouse go for 10 minutes and just watch, then 1 and 2 are a very nice time sink.
Settler 3 looks nice, but it removes too much from Settler 1 and 2. No roads and too much military.
Don't care about the rest.
Also: don't drink and post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom