Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FTL: Faster Than Light - Advanced Edition

Tommers

Augur
Yeah. I've done about 15 hours on normal and got to sector 8 once. Maybe I'm just rubbish.

I have no idea how to use the stealth ship. Cloaking is rubbish, the guns are rubbish and that titanium plating stuff is even worse.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I wish you could play with a unamanned drone ship or a race that doesn't need Oxigen.... guess that's what the DLC willl be about.
I was just thinking how awesome it would be to keep all the doors on your ship open. No fire, crew would be dead 5 seconds after teleporting to your ship.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The fucking crystal krooza unlock "quest" is so damn annoying. Fucking rng won't let me have nice things.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I have determined that this game hates me. Played it on Normal and man, this game is STINGY with scrap. That, and I can't find any good weapons in the first 2 sectors and when I DO find them, I can't buy or use them :D

Sp, yeah, I am sucking at this game hard-core :/

Heresiarch

Prophet
Fuck this game. I was supposed to prepare a ton for studies and I've wasted like 15 hours on it. Fuck fuck fuck

Grimlorn

Arcane
Here's a link to the wiki on weapons in FTL.
http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
The descriptions in game kind of suck, especially for beam weapons. For instance, I was surprised the Pike Beam is 6 squares long. After taking a look at this I gained a little bit of insight into what a lot of weapons did which helped me quite a bit.

A lot of it is still random though, and I died in Sector 2 twice yesterday. Hate the Type B Federation ship.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I wish you could play with a unamanned drone ship or a race that doesn't need Oxigen.... guess that's what the DLC willl be about.
I was just thinking how awesome it would be to keep all the doors on your ship open. No fire, crew would be dead 5 seconds after teleporting to your ship.

About 16 seconds actually. If you have level 2 teleporters (15 sec cd) you have about 1 second to beam guys off a drone ship before they die of asphyxiation. Maybe a bit less than one second. It's pretty damned close.

mck

Cipher
this game has me very interested. will be picking up in a bundle to go with all of my other shit that I will get around to playing in 7-8 years

Emily

Arcane
Just finished normal boss with slug ship. Game is great, only complaint -it is too short. really it dosent feel long enough.
Also i the more you play the more you understand the system which at first might seem shallow. It is good that they opted for real time system, rather then turn based, it suits the game much better.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
if its too long its just gonna frustrate a lot of ppl cause of the one death shit

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
on a second look , making it longer might actually make it easier.
the amount of scrap accumulated will increase and upgrades purchased would lower the difficulty.
:P

Red Tail run at office is good so far. Burst Laser II + 3 Mini Laser + Cloak + 2-Bar Shield + 38% evade engine = good shit.

J1M

Arcane
Just won the game with my very last missile as the rock ship. (Previous two shots missed)

Feels like the boss was changed to fire its special attacks more often but less destructively. I remember being able to stealth-dodge all of them before.

Also found the boss was harder after I killed the crew, prior to that the weapons systems cant repair themselves.

tindrli

Arcane
on a second look , making it longer might actually make it easier.
the amount of scrap accumulated will increase and upgrades purchased would lower the difficulty.
:P

Red Tail run at office is good so far. Burst Laser II + 3 Mini Laser + Cloak + 2-Bar Shield + 38% evade engine = good shit.

That could be easly balanced.. anyway they could use a KoDP system... long game short game

Emily

Arcane
Just won the game with my very last missile as the rock ship. (Previous two shots missed)

Feels like the boss was changed to fire its special attacks more often but less destructively. I remember being able to stealth-dodge all of them before.

Also found the boss was harder after I killed the crew, prior to that the weapons systems cant repair themselves.
yeah i noticed that too, but they repair more slowly i think.
I had a build with federal cruise using two lasers, and two bombs, it was frantical, i just was placing fire bombs all over ship, and using breech mk 2 when they went to put them down. And when they finely got to fixing it, i just put fire on the other end of the ship lol.
So fun.

Destroid

Arcane
So many times I have sent my boarders to their deaths (by destroying the enemy ship while they are on board) :(.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Fun game. Beat it today with a Kestrel. Had 1 HP, but managed to cloak and evade laser spray of death before destroying the flag ship. Thoughts so far: Ion weapons are great, so are Beam Lasers.

It's also pretty easy to mod stuff like ships, weapons and events. I've already made a bunch of events for my own pleasure. Some stuff is hard coded, but there is a lot of things which can be edited, since the game data is in xml and txt files.

oscar

Arcane
This gameplay combined with the more free roaming approach and storyline of Transcendence would be brilliant.

transcendence had a story? you beat transcendence? :eek:

Never personally beat it but didn't you eventually reach that portal guarded by that big fleet of aliens who have the galaxy under quarantine or something? Been a few years since I played but it definitely had a central storyline but one that you could happily ignore.

tindrli

Arcane
Fun game. Beat it today with a Kestrel. Had 1 HP, but managed to cloak and evade laser spray of death before destroying the flag ship. Thoughts so far: Ion weapons are great, so are Beam Lasers.

It's also pretty easy to mod stuff like ships, weapons and events. I've already made a bunch of events for my own pleasure. Some stuff is hard coded, but there is a lot of things which can be edited, since the game data is in xml and txt files.

So, mr. Father when are you planing to to share those mods with bros??

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also beat it yesterday with Kestral on normal (dont play on easy). Two lasers two missiles (starting Artemis and Hermes) combined with a beam drone mkI and defence drone mkI. First and third stage of the flagship were extremely easy, as usual the hardest part is phase two due to those defensive drones shooting out my missiles.

Ultimately all you need is enough missiles and two good launchers to win this coupled with just enough defence and crew to survive. Defensive drones are great, shield 3 is minimum, cloacking can stay at level one.

Think that first phase can be won with having only one missile launcher, third too. You just need enough time. For the second phase its either 2 missile launchers, some luck and lasers to kill drones or bombs.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
So, mr. Father when are you planing to to share those mods with bros??

Hey, I'll share them if I manage to put in some more ambitious stuff. Basically it's just a bunch of pretty simple events at this stage. If you guys have any ideas for fun events, send them to me.

Ultimately all you need is enough missiles and two good launchers to win this coupled with just enough defence and crew to survive. Defensive drones are great, shield 3 is minimum, cloacking can stay at level one.

I beat him without any missiles or drones. Two Ion cannons are pretty good in beating the shit out of his shields. Then you can proceed to pound him with Burst Lasers and/or Beams. Cloak or high evasion is pretty much obligatory in the final stage.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
someone should merge this game with spacehulk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom