Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thoughts after playing Doom 1 and 2

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Adjust your tactics and stop being a baby. Also banalshitboring modern FPS decline roofles popamole.

Fucking hell Dicksmoker you come in here making a thread about how awesome Doom is to get hardcore KKK then you admit to playing it with a modern port with a whole different setup and then start spouting crap about superior enjoyment and how the original way is limiting your fucking choice as a gamer???

You just shot your credibility to shit. Man the fuck up.

Get rid of the mouse and jumping and mouselook shit and play the way the game was DESIGNED AND BALANCED not with newfag innovashuns.

And switch that pussy shit to Ultra Violence FFS

Destroid

Arcane
fuck you ill play with cheats if i want to its more fun this way fuck stop limiting my choices as a gamer

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I can't believe some of you are actually arguing against mouselook. Fuck, you guys will argue against anything that's new without even pausing to wonder whether it's actually a bad thing or not. Pretty pathetic.

Mouselook is an IMPROVEMENT over the old system, on the same level as refinements to UI, controls, and the like. Jesus Christ.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Dicksmoker said:
Mouselook is an IMPROVEMENT over the old system, on the same level as refinements to UI, controls, and the like. Jesus Christ.
No. Mouselook in the Doom, Wolf 3D or Heretic is abomination.
Mouselook in Future Shock or Unreal is OK.
This is different FPS styles.

Excommunicator said:
Get rid of the mouse and jumping and mouselook shit and play the way the game was DESIGNED AND BALANCED not with newfag innovashuns.
This.

SoupNazi

I had more fun playing doom with mouselook enabled. Just saying. Dicksmoker bro, pissing against the wind and shit.

Secretninja

Cipher
In 20 years, dicksmoker's abomination of a child will be arguing that games released in 2010 with mouselook played with cerebral hookups making you win if you wanted to really bad are just a limit of their time and you should quit being such an oldfag and just try harder to win with the new setup, because goddamn it is so fucking hard to play games in the retarded way they were designed to play.

Actually, scratch that, there are not girls dumb enough to not take morning after pills after having sex with him and abortion will be legal for rape cases still.

Like the tolling of some great cracked bell you thieving hack.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Gladly what Dicksmoker don't defending jumping in Doom. :lol:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Fowyr said:
Dicksmoker said:
Heretic you say?

Hmm, what does Wikipedia have to say about Heretic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heretic_(video_game)

Using a modified id Tech 1, Heretic was one of the first first-person games to feature inventory manipulation and the ability to look up and down.
Unless that article is just wrong, somebody needs to get their complaints straight.

Secretninja said:
In 20 years, dicksmoker's abomination of a child will be arguing that games released in 2010 with mouselook played with cerebral hookups making you win if you wanted to really bad are just a limit of their time and you should quit being such an oldfag and just try harder to win with the new setup, because goddamn it is so fucking hard to play games in the retarded way they were designed to play.
Hilarious seeing all these "dumbing down" cards being thrown at me. You do realize that instead of having a simple auto aim I now, with mouselook, have to actually point and AIM at all those creatures in the vertical plane? And then you have the balls to say that I'm somehow "cheating." Oh well, I guess it's easy to ignore facts when you live in a fantasy world where everything new is bad.

Guess it's just too hardcore for all of you. I'd advise you to step aside and let the pro gamers do their thing.

DraQ

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
Fowyr said:
Dicksmoker said:
Heretic you say?

Hmm, what does Wikipedia have to say about Heretic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heretic_(video_game)

Using a modified id Tech 1, Heretic was one of the first first-person games to feature inventory manipulation and the ability to look up and down.
*cue Corvus' laughter*
:salute: :smug:

TBH I don't have problems with freelook, there is a bit of a dilemma with autoaim, though, as Hexen's Bloodscourge relies on this feature rather heavily, so do Hexen's Quietus, and Heretic's ethereal crossbow, although to a lesser degree. Those weapons fire multiple projectiles and rely on autoaim to regulate their spread and direction. While it's not really a problem with ethereal crossbow, wasting shots with Bloodscourge is not something you'd want to do.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Back when I first played Heretic, I used the Delete (look down), End (center), and Page Down (look up) keys.

DraQ

Arcane
Rohit_N said:
Back when I first played Heretic, I used the Delete (look down), End (center), and Page Down (look up) keys.
Which accomplish the exact same thing, but in much more cumbersome manner. Also, which may be placed in completely retarded manner on, for example laptop keyboards.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Rohit_N said:
This.
And looking up and down was used not often - only on stairs or places like balcony from first map of Ossuary.
I tell you another time, Dicksmoker, play all this games. It's like discussing Wiz7 with man who only read Wikipedia entry about it and watch two youtube videos.
Please wait while I finish first three Heretic's levels and count how many time I look up and down.

I used to use the keyboard as well. Did Heretic originally have support for looking up and down with the mouse?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
1st level - zero
2nd level - two (on the big stairs)
3rd level - zero

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
Also, which may be placed in completely retarded manner on, for example laptop keyboards.
That's hardly Raven's fault. Popamole consoletard laptops and all that :smug:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Raven games were great up to Hexen, their masterpiece. It was decline from that point on.

Mackerel

Augur
Dicksmoker said:
Hilarious seeing all these "dumbing down" cards being thrown at me. You do realize that instead of having a simple auto aim I now, with mouselook, have to actually point and AIM at all those creatures in the vertical plane? And then you have the balls to say that I'm somehow "cheating." Oh well, I guess it's easy to ignore facts when you live in a fantasy world where everything new is bad.

Guess it's just too hardcore for all of you. I'd advise you to step aside and let the pro gamers do their thing.
Forget you are on the Codex for just a second.

I am not talking about "dumbing down", "decline", or "cheating", when I say not to use mlook and jump in the original Doom 1 and 2 maps. Mlook and jumping were improvements in gameplay that came later, and they changed the FPS genre. They weren't in the game originally, and they alter the experience. Play it as gamers of the time actually played it, experience the time before mouselook and jumping.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Hey Dicksmoker you know how I made a post describing how mouselook actually makes the game easier?

Fuckin hardcore man

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom