Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is how Todd responds to the complaints of the fans

dongle

Scholar
Balor said:
No, he didn't. There is nothing about codex in his reply... it does not make them any less smug, however.
I beg to differ my friend. You need to run through all his normal "Rumor" topics as quoted above, then some choice new ones get added to the mix! You don't see it right off when you open his dialogue in the CS, I guess the devs responsible wanted to hide the funnier ones from prying eyes, or even to sneak it past the suits at Bethesda. I wonder who it could have been?

Anyway, here it is:
maiq.jpg

I'll try and get some shots of the other "second tier" responses later. :D

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
ViolentOpposition said:
I'm sure that every word that is coded into that NPC's speech is sincere.

or a joke ment for the upcoming April Fool's day (Oblivion came out a week before April 1th)?

PS: Also did anyone notice that he is no longer looks funny? The Morrowind one looked like a clown, he was waring exquiset clothing and had a funny hat, plus the fact that he was on a isolated island in the middle of the nowhere with a chair near to him gaved him a sort of "Sheogorath feeling".

Also note how his feet changed in just 6 years...

EE-sineei06.jpg

This guy on the other hand wares a blue robe (which gives the impression of a monk rather then a clown) and it isn't has hard to find has in Morrowind, standing outside of an city (guess that compass realy helped him?)

Drakron

Arcane
In case you are wondering ... Todd does uses Sheogorath when replaying "in character" in the lore section of the forum.

Spazmo

Erudite
Is that line of dialog voice acted? Can you get the audio and post it here? I really want to verify this.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Cop: My God Mitchell, what could it mean?
Cop2: I don't know, but I don't like it.
Protagonist: This was clearly the work our arch nemesis, the Gonnorhea Killer.
Cop: No!
Cop2: But why? Why after all of these years? How can we be sure it's him?
Protagonist: Yes. Check the back of his throat, I think we'll find all the evidence we need.

Nutcracker

Scholar
I'd wager that dongle simply hacked the xml file and changed the lines for Maiq to generate that Codex comment.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Of course, fan boys will love it and will see those as jibes against all the "whiners". In reality they just seem to be highlighting faults and ommissions in their own game."

I'm no Bethesda fanboy; but I find this stuff hilairous!

I love it when devs can dish it out and see all the whiners not be able to take it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

If Beth did more of this, I'd actually like them more... Still not enough to spend $60+ on their pooey games.

Bosco

Novice
Volourn said:
"Of course, fan boys will love it and will see those as jibes against all the "whiners". In reality they just seem to be highlighting faults and ommissions in their own game."

I love it when devs can dish it out and see all the whiners not be able to take it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

If Beth did more of this, I'd actually like them more... Still not enough to spend $60+ on their pooey games.
I know, those were some incredible defenses.

That Codex quote doesn't show up in any of the other collections of M'aiq's stuff on other sites. You clever deciever, you!

EDIT: Beaten to it. Shit.

User was nabbed fit

Volourn said:

You love it when Devs are arrogant pricks? If they'd have made a good game, I'd have no problem with it, maybe I'd think that it would be funny, too. But since they churned out shit...

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter to them, they've got the whole 'console kiddy' generation (not that all console players are kiddies) buying their games now, the latter is so naive that Beth could get away with murder.

Astromarine

Erudite
get over yourself. This is the Codex. Arrogant prickitude is what we *do* here, and the vast majority of us has no noteworthy output to justify this. *They're* being arrogant pricks sitting ontop their huge pile of cash money. Good for them. They still fail as competent designers, but I won't begrudge them their arrogance, just their incompetence.

User was nabbed fit

Being an arrogant prick is a right that you should earn, that's what I was saying. I don't think Bethesda's earned that, or maybe they have... they did manage to push their game on millions of people (and, like you said, are sitting on a huge pile of money), ooh, that does have a slightly evil touch to it.

Astromarine

Erudite
ViolentOpposition said:
Being an arrogant prick is a right that you should earn

In communist China, maybe, you pinko. In the civilized world, I'm free to be an arrogant prick with no acheivement whatsoever. Expressing arrogance is still expression, traitor :twisted:

Kraszu

Prophet
Volourn said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Take what? What M'aiq says have no sense it just random sentence that have nothing to do whit the problems. They feel more like the bashing of game futures then defending them. I'll make some:

Hud makes look distant places like they looked in 1990r? M'aiq doesn't understend why should they look diferent, doesn't it make the game more harcore?

The peapole in Oblivion are retarded? M'aiq see that as a good thing, M'aiq feel smarter when peapole around him are stupid.

M'aiq doesn't like to decide about what he do, that would require work, M'aiq doesn't understand people who likes to work insted of having fun.

In communist China, maybe, you pinko. In the civilized world, I'm free to be an arrogant prick with no acheivement whatsoever. Expressing arrogance is still expression, traitor

He said should. You don't see dference beetwind being arrogant prick to your customres and beetwin being arrogant prick when talking about some company product?

Blahblah Talks

Arbiter
Astromarine said:
ViolentOpposition said:
Being an arrogant prick is a right that you should earn

In communist China, maybe, you pinko. In the civilized world, I'm free to be an arrogant prick with no acheivement whatsoever. Expressing arrogance is still expression, traitor :twisted:

Indeed, I think it is necessary to have no acheivement whatsoever to be a proper arrogant prick.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Here's my shindig: I think they're dicks for doing that shit, cause they're game sucks, and they mock their old hardcore fans. It's just sheer dickery and tomfoolishness sirs!

Lumpy

Arcane
Here are his comments from Morrowind:

becoming a lich - You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
dragons - Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible.
Emperor Crab - M'Aiq sees lots of them in the ocean. M'Aiq knows you'll see one too if you swim far enough.
horses - Horses.... Oh, M'Aiq loves horses! Especially with good cream sauce.
mounts - You would wish to ride upon a beast? There is a way.... Go to one of the many silt-strider ports and pay your fee! You wish one for personal use? Bah! Walk if you must; run if you are chased!
moving corpses - Moving corpses? This sounds frightening to M'Aiq. The undead are nothing to be toyed with.
multiplayer - M'Aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! If you must, search for the Argonian Im-Leet, or perhaps the big Nord, Rolf the Uber. They will certainly wish to join you.
Mystery of the Dwarves - There is no mystery. M'Aiq knows all. The dwarves were here, and now they are not! They were very short folks...or perhaps they were not. It all depends on your perspective. I'm sure they thought they were about the right height.
naked liches - A horrible thing indeed. If you see one, let M'Aiq know. M'Aiq wants to make sure to look in the other direction.
nudity - Ahh...the beauty of the naked form. These Dunmer are rather prudish, are they not? Of course, there is an island you can reach filled with wonderful, naked, glistening bodies. It only appears when the moons are full, the rain falls, the seas run red, and it's M'Aiq's birthday.
climbing ropes - Climbing ropes that hang is too difficult. M'Aiq prefers to climb the ones that are tied horizontally.
Shrine of Boethiah - You seek the shrine that is no longer there? An interesting concept. Look to the seas to the West. There lies what was once the shrine. Take a deep breath and begin your search.
talking mudcrab merchant - M'aiq has heard of this. They've got all the money. Mudcrabs taking over everything. They already run Pelagiad.
weresharks - I have only met one, but he was afraid of the water.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom