Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is how Todd responds to the complaints of the fans

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
Remember M'aiq? Why of course you do! Everyone remembers the ol' honest kitty south-est of Dagonfell. Well his back, you can find outside of Anvil or Leyawiin. And he has some intteresting things to say:

Maiq the Liar said:
"M'aiq believes the children are our future. But he doesn't want them ruining all of our fun."
"M'aiq thinks his people are beautiful. The Argonian people are beautiful as well. They look better than ever before."
"Some people wish to throw their weapons. That seems foolish to M'aiq. If you hold your weapon, you only need one."
"M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk."
"Some people want special bows that take too long to load and need special arrows called bolts. M'aiq thinks they are idiots."
"M'aiq is glad he has a compass. Makes it easy to find things. Much better than wandering around like a fool."
"Why would one want to swing a staff? A mace hurts more. Or a sword. Can't shoot a fireball from a sword, though."
"I do not wish to fight on horseback. It is a good way to ruin a perfectly good horse... which is, to say, a perfectly good dinner."
"Levitation is for fools. Why would we want to levitate? Once you are up high, there is nowhere to go but down."
"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
"I don't know why one would want to destroy a building. It takes time to make it. Much time."
"Werewolves? Where? Wolves? Men that are wolves? Many wolves. Everywhere. Many men. That is enough for M'aiq."

I think we should name him M'aiq the Fanboy

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hahah! I love it.

Of course, if it was Troika making fun of fans in their games, the Codex would be kissin' their asses!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Drakron

Arcane
" Can't shoot a fireball from a sword, though"

Yes we can since there is no longer the need to ready magic to cast spells.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Volourn said:
Hahah! I love it.

Of course, if it was Troika making fun of fans in their games, the Codex would be kissin' their asses!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
BIOWARE FUCKING RULES!

R00FLES!

Evilhyde

Novice
Nice list, haven't seen most of those before. Though it doesn't have the one about fast travel that I have seen. Something along the lines of, "I like to travel fast, and now I can travel faster than ever. But if you don't want to go fast, you don't have to."

Drain

Scholar
Naked_Lunch said:
Does he really say that? My god, he sounds just like a stuck-up Beth developer.
Comments within CS tell that ";M'aiq = Mike". Michael Ryan?

bryce777

Erudite
Drain said:
Naked_Lunch said:

Like m'aiq the dragon, the incredibly retarded guy who posted here a while who seemed to have the intellect of an 11 year old?

No wonder oblivion is dogshit, if he worked on it. I honestly thought that was some preteen kid or a particularly ridiculous troll.

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
bryce777 said:
Drain said:
Naked_Lunch said:

Like m'aiq the dragon, the incredibly retarded guy who posted here a while who seemed to have the intellect of an 11 year old?

No wonder oblivion is dogshit, if he worked on it. I honestly thought that was some preteen kid or a particularly ridiculous troll.

That makes sense, Jobasha the book seller in Morrowind was actualy the charracter name for Douglas Goodall who worked on the books in DF and MO

PS: did any of you notice how many fiction writters left Bethesda after Oblivion was announced, why did Bethesda lose some many talented writers is beyond me, but one thing is certain... TES is going on a downfall :(

bryce777

Erudite
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
bryce777 said:
Drain said:
Naked_Lunch said:

That makes sense, Jobasha the book seller in Morrowind was actualy the charracter name for Douglas Goodall who worked on the books in DF and MO

PS: did any of you notice how many fiction writters left Bethesda after Oblivion was announced, why did Bethesda lose some many talented writers is beyond me, but one thing is certain... TES is going on a downfall :(

Well, we have seen some of the stifling and ridiculous 'rules' they were forced to work under. Probably, when they started saying "well, you can do this and not that, and no betrayals, and nothing that doesn't come from real life." and knows what other odious rules, they all finally got fed up and left.

Data4

Arcane
bryce777 said:
Well, we have seen some of the stifling and ridiculous 'rules' they were forced to work under. Probably, when they started saying "well, you can do this and not that, and no betrayals, and nothing that doesn't come from real life." and knows what other odious rules, they all finally got fed up and left.

Every time they think of the fucking children, the adults lose out. That "No betrayals" bullshit is so... grr! Can't think of a decent enough term to express how I feel about that. The only thing that seems to fit for some reason is "candy-ass".

-D4

bryce777

Erudite
And beside that, I don't think that's what kids want, anyhow. You have to tone certain things down to get ratings for kids that parents will buy, but there is no reason to cut out themes that might, you know, stimulate their minds a little.

Sabregirl

Scholar
Sounds like whichever dev wrote Mai'q's dialogue was pretty pissed off when writing some of those responses. The Morrowind one had none of the "you are a moron for wanting this stuff" type of attitude and is consequently funnier.

becoming a lich-
You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.

Multiplayer-
M'Aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! If you must, search for the Argonian Im-Leet, or perhaps the big Nord, Rolf the Uber. They will certainly wish to join you.

Nudity-
Ahh...the beauty of the naked form. These Dunmer are rather prudish, are they not? Of course, there is an island you can reach filled with wonderful, naked, glistening bodies. It only appears when the moons are full, the rain falls, the seas run red, and it's M'Aiq's birthday.
The old Maiq actually gave out hints to a couple quests/secrets in the middle of all of the lies . . . also note how much longer the responses are . . .

@Bosco - No THIS is the real Todd Howard quote
"M'aiq thinks his people are beautiful. The Argonian people are beautiful as well. They look better than ever before."

-S

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I ran across that cat once, when he said 'Why would anyone see Maiq naked?' I thought he's such a weird NPC and avoided him.

Good find. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom