Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This game looks interesting, a much more detailed Panzer General type game

I found this because they updated their old game which is similar, and I discovered they have a newly released game which seems to be an upgraded version of the old. Not sure though, because I have not played the new game yet.

The level of detail and customization is very cool looking, and the battle simulation is deeper, more complex and more 'realistic'. For example its very hard to eliminate entire units a la Panzer General or Panzer Corps- instead the units will mostly retreat and then refit. Units come in different sizes (Div, Bn, Btg, etc..), each which have various costs and benefits as well as flexibility to accept additional attachments.

Depending on size of parent unit (Div, Bn, etc..), you can choose to attache an extensive variety of specific company upgrades. For example a supply company might increase movement and ability to fight longer before needing to resupply. An AA company might increase air defense, a rifle company might increase close combat ability etc... The number of options appear to be very abundant. Each unit must also be assigned a leader and both the leader and units can gain experience etc..

Here is the link to their old game. It has a demo so you can try it out. You can download the demo from the front page of the link I included below. The demo is of their older game, but it will give a person an idea of what the newer game might offer. I don't know for sure, but the newer game appears to be even more detailed than their previous game. The new game is only available on steam. The games are basically made by a one man team with some support from fans or part time workers helping when they can, but he seems dedicated, because like I mentioned above he just released a very large upgrade with additional campaigns and units to his old game which was released years ago.

So it seems likely his newer game will get similar attention. It sounds like I am his PR man, but really I just like Panzer General and have always wished for a more detailed and complicated version. So perhaps this is it?

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=472

If somebody tries their new game, I would love to hear an opinion. If not I will eventually give it a try myself and report back. It may be be a couple months however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom