Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline This game is so good it destroys the RPG genre and itself.

baturinsky

Arcane
Classes is a crutch that would not be needed in Ideal RPG Of Our Dreams, but we have what we have and classes adds up to replayability of otherwise not so replayable games.

Ayreos

Augur
"Not so replayable games."

That's the crux of the matter, isn't it?
Could a game like AoD be even more replayable if it tried to dispense with predefined backgrounds and let the player's choice be limited to say... who his parents are?

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Holy crap I finally just beat the 2-thug combat in the "training" section.

I was set on only playing peaceful characters until now. I was allocating skill points like i was planning for the future (oh, ill want some dodge, sure) when it requires you to focus on specifics, and very early. if i grab a bigger shield, then no point in investing in dodge.

dumped everything into sword, and block, then used a small sword and light armor for high THC, shield bashing with the buckler to waste any extra action points,
they fell like grass.

I can see some peoples frustrations, but Vault Dweller isn't lying when it comes to advice about his game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Christ Almighty, this fucking game. I've just spend 2 days trying to kill Carinnas inside Imperial Guard barracks during Praetor storyline, just to see what kind of armor the guy has.

I've already put more hours into just the demo than I've put into any of the big Kickstarter releases.

Tripicus

Augur
Christ Almighty, this fucking game. I've just spend 2 days trying to kill Carinnas inside Imperial Guard barracks during Praetor storyline, just to see what kind of armor the guy has.

I've already put more hours into just the demo than I've put into any of the big Kickstarter releases.
I really felt like an idiot when I finally payed attention to my attack options during that fight. I was trying the spear out, and ate attacks of opportunity the first fight. Then I realized in the two thug fight I could push a guy back, stab, then step backwards.

Nael

Arcane
Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

8INT 20WIS. :lol:

So far I've played a little of both straight thug/merc and all in charismatic genius Loremaster. I don't have a preference. They're both great fun in their own way.

My favorite thing is that I was expecting the merc storyline to be fairly straight forward and a cliche'd "hero's tale." I was wrong. It is still highly intriguing and full of twists and turns despite my lack of conversational skill except Streetwise (which I recommend boosting to at least 5 for mercenary storyline). I'm going to be busy with this gem for a good long while, I can already tell.

Cheers ITS!

:love:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I really felt like an idiot when I finally payed attention to my attack options during that fight. I was trying the spear out, and ate attacks of opportunity the first fight. Then I realized in the two thug fight I could push a guy back, stab, then step backwards.

Hasta is the ultimate cheese weapon! With a high value in hasta and high block, you can pierce enemies left and right without being touched.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom