Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This forum needs a sticky...

Severian Silk

...detailing all the kinds of bugs you might find, things to do to resolve them, as well as a download link for the 1.7 version since people seem to have had better luck with it.

Zeus

Cipher
Agreed. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of 1.7, just for the sake of completion.

Zeus

Cipher
Yeah, I know there's a lot of hardcore PtD fans out there, and I know some people have had more luck with 1.7 than the final 1.8 release (as far as bugs go), so it's a bit strange that it's just nowhere to be found on the internet.

If anyone has a full copy of 1.7 sitting around on their hard drives and are too unmotivated upload it to MediaFire or something, know this: I will send you a Hot Pocket for your troubles. You pick the flavor.

Don't have 1.7 but if anyone here is interested, I can upload the 1.0 installer as well as the 1.3 and 1.5 patches and the cracks necessary to play them (it was shareware then, not freeware).

Zeus

Cipher
clockradiospeakers, you the man.

Everyone else, my 1.7 Hot Pocket Bounty still stands. *grins*

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Thanks, I was looking to replay PTD, but the version I played was 1.8 and I remember it crashing every 20 minutes on average on my first (and only) playthrough (including the final fight crash which I was able to resolve only by boarding the boat in the middle of the fight) and I didn't have patience for such frequent crashes on the 2nd playthrough.

Kraszu

Prophet
If it didn't crash for somebody then information on what hardware/drivers/OS would be great. I was trying to play the game on 3 diferent PC, and gave up.

Zeus

Cipher
NOTICE: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them. Please retry your request in a moment.

Damn, it's been like that all day. Anyone have any luck yet? As soon as I grab a copy I'm going to upload it to a few mirrors, wikisend.com or zShare.net or drop.io or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom