Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
derp.

Did you see the actually transsexual villain in FF9?

And what about the fact that Front Mission 1 was actually not fantasy delirium like most square games.
Can a later FM beat the Front mission twist in GRIMDARKNESS? I think not.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
FF9 is to FF what CC was to CT.

And Front Mission 3 is awful. Annoying fucking characters. It has FF8 beat.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
In fact i can't think of a square game that beats the FM 1 grimdark moment. Aerith or whatever the whore was called doesn't even come close.

Basically the most efficient computer available ingame uses humans brains. Blah you say.
But the only one available to you is the one the main villain leaves behind, that was created from your deceased girlfriend brain - suck it FFVII.

You can choose to "discard" it ofcourse.

spekkio

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
And Front Mission 3 is awful. Annoying fucking characters. It has FF8 beat.
Annoying fucking characters in mah wapanese computer games?

:smug:

And about FM3 - at least it has fun battle and mech-tunning systems. And you don't have to use the characters you don't like (at least two of them are suicide-inducing indeed).

Compare FF8 when it's impossible to totally avoid Zell. And Laguna. And Selphie. And Seifer. And...

:(

:( :(

:( :( :(

6h6qrp.jpg

2yx3nua.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Yo, I've heard you like GRIMDARK moments and SERIOUS tones in your jRPGs, SCO...

:lol:

5pmps9.jpg

epiwwz.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Well they tried there, but it was so forced it was lulzy. Soylent green. I think they even said it, assuming, correctly, that 90%+ of their userbase are uneducated morons that can't even assimilate the zeitgeist. Dunno why in that assumption in THAT game, or maybe i know. It's because the whole game is a mishmash of conflicting concepts & references. and they just took a particularly retarded one for that.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Xenogears, according to Dicksmoker the greatest video game story ever written. In reality it's actually true.

IN OPPOSITE LAND!!!

laclongquan

Arcane
spekkio said:
ZOMG, an update!

This LP clearly shows that FF8 was one of the first beacons of current JRPG-Decline.
Back in the day the genre was full of basic (and sometimes funny) linear-as-fuck Dragon Quest clones with plot being "young heroes saving the world - once again" 99.9% of the time.

Well, currently:
  • over-the-top "artsy" visuals - check,
  • irritating as fuck emo characters - check
  • retarded AND easy mini games - check
  • men looking like women, women looking like 12 year-olds dressed like whores - check
  • faggy main character AND main villain - check
  • battle systems devoid of any fun
  • EXTREME haircuts and clothes
I salute you, Locue-kun for choosing such dangerous beast as your LP-target.
I mean: Vagrant Story - fuck yeah! Front Mission 3 - why not? Valkyrie Profile - haevan! Final Fantasy Tactics with animal-only party - exquisite!

But FF8...

2nhl4dy.jpg

I dont know mang~ IT seem all those checks work superbly well for FF7.

spekkio

Arcane
Well, actually:
  • over-the-top "artsy" visuals - no
  • irritating as fuck emo characters - only one two!
  • retarded AND easy mini games - fuck you, chocobo race is totally awesome!
  • men looking like women, women looking like 12-year-olds dressed like whores - hey, it's made in japan..
  • faggy main character AND main villain - check :(
  • battle systems devoid of any fun - no. Materia system is fun.
  • EXTREME haircuts and clothes - only Cloud's hair and Tifa's boobs...
tl;dr

LOL, U SUCK!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
root said:
you should definitely do a xenogears LP next.
What did I ever do to you, man? Why do you want me to suffer?

Watch out for my Xenogears video let's play, coming october 2012!

Also, update coming up tonight unless my internet shits its pants.

Ermm

Erudite
Don't know why but these old clunkers has some kind of charm.

Maybe because they do not have ridicilous voice acting.

spekkio

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Also, update coming up tonight unless my internet shits its pants.
Damn, jRPG h4t3rs probably got our Mighty Horse for crimes against humanity (LPing BOTH FF7 & FF8).

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
spekkio said:
Damn, jRPG h4t3rs probably got our Mighty Horse for crimes against humanity (LPing BOTH FF7 & FF8).

Oh man, if only you knew. Well, I'm back now so no need to dwell on hate crime or other excuses to take sudden breaks from the internet.

Also, it really took you people two weeks to figure out I was gone? I know I'm not much but come on, man. Next time I'm gone for more than three minutes I want organized manhunts and shit going on. I want Volourn running around Canada putting up posters with my avatar picture on asking people have they seen me.

Let's try this shit again. Update coming up as soon as I actually get back home. Maybe not tonight, but definitely tomorrow.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
laclongquan said:
spekkio said:
ZOMG, an update!

This LP clearly shows that FF8 was one of the first beacons of current JRPG-Decline.
Back in the day the genre was full of basic (and sometimes funny) linear-as-fuck Dragon Quest clones with plot being "young heroes saving the world - once again" 99.9% of the time.

Well, currently:
  • over-the-top "artsy" visuals - check,
  • irritating as fuck emo characters - check
  • retarded AND easy mini games - check
  • men looking like women, women looking like 12 year-olds dressed like whores - check
  • faggy main character AND main villain - check
  • battle systems devoid of any fun
  • EXTREME haircuts and clothes
I salute you, Locue-kun for choosing such dangerous beast as your LP-target.
I mean: Vagrant Story - fuck yeah! Front Mission 3 - why not? Valkyrie Profile - haevan! Final Fantasy Tactics with animal-only party - exquisite!

But FF8...

2nhl4dy.jpg

I dont know mang~ IT seem all those checks work superbly well for FF7.
Who is this Locue you speak of? I have only heard rumours of such a poster.

Damn, I can't find that old avatar.

Radisshu

Prophet
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Welp, I'm back after my unpleasantly unfortunate shitfuckery! How's everybody doing? You all psyched up for some more hardcore Final Fantasy 8 shit? Update coming soonish. For real this time! Aw yeah! Give me two days. Friday I'm in love. Chicken for dinner, man. Yeah.

Also how about that New Vegas, eh? Pretty good, right?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Andyman Messiah said:
Welp, I'm back after my unpleasantly unfortunate shitfuckery! How's everybody doing? You all psyched up for some more hardcore Final Fantasy 8 shit? Update coming soonish. For real this time! Aw yeah! Give me two days. Friday I'm in love. Chicken for dinner, man. Yeah.

:thumbsup: Welcome back you beautiful bastard, you. But don't take too long because Squall is sad and he may cut his wrists :smug:

Andyman Messiah said:

Best RPG since Dungeon Siege III. :salute:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Shoot me in the head. Change of plans, I'm going to be stuck in Stockholm without my computer over the weekend. Let's try this shit again. So update will be either monday or when I get some peace and quiet. Sorry, all my Final Fantasy 8 lovin' fans. It's really out of my hands.

I suggest you all go play some New Vegas.

Til then :x

edit: well at least i'm not dead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom