Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief Series Fan Patch Guide

oscar

Arcane
Yeah a few people seem to have gotten the same problem, with no solution posted anywhere. You think by now they'd have a disclaimer or something warning you not to bother on the Steam version.

Damn, was enjoying this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah a few people seem to have gotten the same problem, with no solution posted anywhere. You think by now they'd have a disclaimer or something warning you not to bother on the Steam version.

Damn, was enjoying this.

Who says it only happens with the Steam version?

oscar

Arcane
The other accounts of the Constantine's Sword problem seem to be from people who downloaded Thief of Steam.

Captain Shrek

All was going swimmingly until I got Constantine's Sword and now I can't hit shit with it. Figured it was because I installed the fix and the audio mod while Thief was in its steam file so deleted it and re-downloaded and tried again (inserting my backed up saves from the first game) and the sword is still useless.

:thumbsup:

Thank god for the warning.

oscar

Arcane
The game didn't seem to work when I downloaded it and moved it to C: and did the patching there. Though my computer (Win 7) has it that every folder has a greyed-out tick for Read-Only that I cannot remove (despite having full admin privileges) :mad:

Captain Shrek

The game didn't seem to work when I downloaded it and moved it to C: and did the patching there. Though my computer (Win 7) has it that every folder has a greyed-out tick for Read-Only that I cannot remove (despite having full admin privileges) :mad:
DO it twice. Worked for me when I did.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade updated to 1.1.1.1

Better display of aspect ratios in the options screen: Now it shows "16:9" etc. for common aspect ratios, or "~16:10" etc. for aspects that are close
Fix for video corruption on Linux/WINE. With this, Thief 3 should have 'platinum' WINE status...
T3.exe is now terminated on exit from the main menu, to allow faster restart

waywardOne

Arcane
Can cool people here mirror this shit? I haven't seen d/l speeds like this since Limewire days.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Updated TFix to 1.15

v1.14: updated core files to 1.20, some more fixes to item placements, Maw creature portal should be finally fixed for good.
v1.15: updated core files to 1.21. multimonitor ho!

Updated Tafferpatcher to 2.0.10

Changes:
— NewDark 1.21
— DirectX9 and MSVC++2008 libraries are included in the package.
— AM16's Thief2 Fixed Resource Pack v. 1.0e
— Updating the above components doesn't require reinstall. Just run the program, check that the path is correct and click Next up to the Finish. Components will be updated automatically.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
New Thief graphics upgrade! http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141621

It hasn't been incorporated into any of the fan patches yet.

Updated Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade to 1.1.2

The installer:

No longer requires the Visual C++ 2010 runtime
Now checks the integrity of the patched executables
Creates a start menu group containing shortcuts to the readmes, installed FMs etc
Various minor improvements
Better desktop icons

The game:

Movies are now shown correctly. Movies other than the main menu backdrop are allowed to crop to fit the monitor, up to a 16:9 aspect ratio by default (the actual movie aspect ratio is approximately 16:7). There are new options to adjust how much cropping is allowed
Loading screens are now shown correctly. There is a new option to set the aspect ratio for the loading screens
Most of the ultrawidescreen issues have been fixed: FOV and speed for the bow zoom and mechanical eye, lighting on readables, the options screen 'Defaults' button going missing or losing the text, subtitles appearing to the right
If the "Thief - Deadly Shadows" folder in your Documents folder is not used for savegames, then it can be deleted and will not be recreated
Tweak to disable the mechanical eye overlay
Tweak to not show the loot percentage when picking up loot
Various minor bugfixes

FM support:

New option for prioritizing FM languages. The installer allows selection of the language to be given the highest priority.
Fix for the mechanical eye zoom not working in FMs. (Sort of, the overlay is disabled by default for FMs)
Option to use the IntroMovies function to show a briefing movie
A couple of other new options for mappers and testing
FMSel updated to 1.1.1 (from the 1.21 NewDark release) plus some minor fixes
GUI translations for FMSel. German, French, Polish and Danish are currently available
The T3 edition of the FMSel DLL now works with Thief 1-2 as well

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Why not just link them in the OP?

By the way I can't download the Taffer patch, it gives me an error.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Fuck you, Infinitron, you're such a nice guy.
You saved, like, 5 minutes of my life from googling.
Now I can play Thief series without pain in the ass.

Stinger

Arcane
Finished Thief 3 yesterday. I enjoyed it, the story was interesting and I was glad to see some closure to Garret's story (so I can conveniently ignore the fuck out of that stupid Thiaf game), but I wish there was some way of removing all the loading screens between levels that really didn't need that kind of segmenting. It's probably my only real issue with the game, the levels are actually pretty big but the segmenting makes the whole thing feel really linear instead.

I don't suppose there's a mod to cram levels together, or better yet, remake it on the Dark Engine? I'll take Thief 1 and 2's less impressive graphics for superior level design.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Someone did make a "The City" level for Thief 2 that had about half of Thief 3's cityscape in one mission, and it has been used in a couple of fan missions. That was done before the NewDark patch, mind you, so they could probably get much more of it into a single FM if another attempt was made.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Updated TFix to 1.16

v1.16: some more dml fixes, especially for Mage Towers - all the pathfinding issues should now be fixed. added the USERMODS folder, any extra enhancement packs (models, textures, etc) should be placed there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Updated TFix to 1.16a. There's also a 1.17 beta version.

updated. 16a only includes the dml fix for the Cathedral mission. 17beta brings T1 a bit closer to TG in preparation of the big map overhaul. T1 players should consider this version "beta", watch out for anomalies, and report them. there should be no changes for TG players, but as I've did quite a bit of file swapping, some errors might have slipped in - stay vigilant as well.

It appears that somebody is making a patch for T2X as well, so soon you won't have to do that manually.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Updated TafferPatcher to 2.0.11

An update.

Tafferpatcher v. 2.0.11
On Google Docs
http://download.darkfate.org/patches...A_211_beta.exe
ftp://95.31.27.16/patches/thief2/fan...A_211_beta.exe

Changes:
— AM16's Complete Fixed Pack updated to 1.1e
— Dromed pack updated to DromEd_Basic_1.10 by AM16.
— Fixed a bug when sometimes a duplicate .\patchedmis entry is left in cam_mod.ini.

Updating the components doesn't require reinstall. Just run the program, check that the path is correct and click Next up to the Finish. Components will be updated automatically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom