Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

Queued Typical Modder
OK. I'm myself sometimes do little troll, but this is just too far. Yandros have family and some fucked up, half mad faggot from net start kind of stalking them. If this is troll, fuck you. If you do this becouse you are so fucked up... better run from there. Do one more step into that stalking thing and you will disappear from there, very fast. And go to hell, you twisted up fuck

you need to respect the others. if you thin that me of my team is upset ofr this shit , you're worng , you started talkign about squad and stupid immature things...
fuck you off baby...
and you who judge offend.
I am calm. relaxed ... you do not know anything about me

worried to know things well. and then talk. I not interested to arguing via itnernet. but it seems that your friend Yandros. knows how to do just that, came here talking ill of others.

You have been making a spectacle ...

i joined for joke " blaming and offensice idoiots2 wow what a presentetaion liek this...you can imagine .

im not so angry...but
it's hard to be calm when someone offends you. but idiots are here too.

Queued Typical Modder
yandros you were always stupid and hostile...

he is laying . we have not offende his child...abuslutely we love that child , so nothing depraved .. how yandors say ...he is lying. .
you visited the page? nothing offensive ...

the son says something "i wish a better father" :) nothing of monstrous.
we love the childs ...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am calm. relaxed ... you do not know anything about me

15935583.jpg

AluminumHaste

Novice
I may dig out the great email I once received from our boy Francesco. I don't see why he thinks his stuff is so good. If I understand what he's done correctly, he's actually just imported architecture from other engines and built little to none of it from scratch within the editor himself.
"Ooh let me import a map someone else made into another engine."
1337 skillz, brah.

I got one from him too on the Dark Mod forums. He PM'ed me out of nowhere, bitching about how Bikerdude is shit at everything and Melan is an a-hole, or something along those lines.
Guys a moron.

Last edited:

Hurk

Novice
This is the most entertaining thing I didn't read (let's face it, those posts are pure, indecipherable torture) all week.

Yandros

Savant
FYI, the post on Iron Eagle's website containing the nasty references to my wife and depraved pictures of my kid has apparently been removed. I don't know if he did it of his own volition (unlikely), or if his web host got wind of it and did it for him, or some random quirk in the universe made it go poof. I'm just glad it's gone. And now let's get back to discussing FMs, hopefully for good.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, while we're at shitty modders, let's talk about FMs that you didn't like! Would be a nice topic of discussion since you can't really talk about that over on TTLG.

For me, Off To Milhorn Manor has to be one of those missions that ended up being too tedious to be worth it. I stuck with it because in parts, it showed promise, but overall, it just had too many flaws. Puzzles with almost no hints at all (there's a locked chimney grate at the beginning which you cannot open with picks, much later you find a mining implement that can cut through rock... this is the key that opens that grate on the chimney way back at the beginning; there are also cave-like underground areas with rocks, which is what that implement it supposed to cut through, but you don't need it there. There isn't any hint about where it is really needed), the most confusing basement ever (labirynthine design coupled with walls that all look exactly alike), and some overy long straight distances to traverse (ugh, that sewer... I swear it takes at least a full minute to get through it, and it's just completely straight).

The ground and top floors of the manor aren't bad though, but there is just too much horrible design that I'm never going to replay this one. Ugh.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
...I'm gonna sit this topic out, except to say one thing: I plan to replay Calendra's Legacy at one point and give it a rundown comparable to King's Story.

Morat

Literate
Ok, I'll bite, and I'll try to be as civil as possible.

RUINS OF ORIGINIA :argh:

I can't stand the damn thing. Maybe Unkillable Cat can help to explain why this mission gets fellated on TTLG so much. I never played any of the Ultima games, so maybe that's the problem. I just can't see the appeal of trudging through endless empty, dark hallways for hours. What the hell is that? It's like the designer deliberately set out to make 'Mines of Margroth' as ugly as possible.

But the weirdest thing is that I keep replaying it every once in a while because I WANT to like it. I TRY to like this mission pack as much as everyone else seems to and it fails every time. Do I need to go back and play through Ultima Underworld before I'll be able to like it or something? HELP!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I played both Ultima Underworld (somewhere in 2011) and don't remember these "endless empty corridors". Dark hallways? Sure.
"everyone else seems to [like it]" on TTLG? Not that shocking.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
"Ruins of Originia" gets so much love because except for the very beginning of the first mission, a part of the second and potentially the fourth mission, they're not very Thief-like at all, but more of a throwback to the Ultima Underworld games; they push the game into a different direction, but not TOO different a direction. As a result they're not for everybody, which is quite understandable.

The first mission is by far the hardest, the town at the start is nice, but tough, but once you set off down the south passage you're greeted with a near endless set of (mostly) empty passages leading both nowhere and everywhere. Also, some of the enemies are borderline cheese. Shadow Burricks (the first burricks you encounter) are rigged so that they can see in the dark, so your light gem is useless against them. Later on there's a section with headless demons that take very special measures to kill, and even when you're on the right track, things are never easy.

The second mission is easier, but the start of it is a bitch and a half. You must traverse an obstacle course before reaching a Thieves's hideout, which is where the game becomes very Thief-like again. The third mission is ALL about caverns and burricks and quite forgettable, but for me the highpoint of the FM is the fourth mission, which has "Ultima Underworld 2" written all over it. It's a museum with dimensional portals leading to over 2 dozen different worlds: A Mechanist mine, an Aztec temple, a Beholder's lair, dimensions of various gods, etc...and plenty of interdimensional loot to score. It's simply an amazing FM from a design point of view. Shame that the start is cheesy with near-invisible treebeasts running around...

The author, YcatX (sp?) recently resurfaced after a lenghty hiatus and has recovered some of the original mission data for the other missions he had planned in the series, so there's a chance we might get to see more of Ruins of Originia. Personally I'd settle for a remastered version of the originals, as they could use a little spit and polish.

For serious taffers I'd say it's worth a playthrough for the fourth mission alone, but getting there is the problem, because Ruins of Originia also ranks as one of the hardest FM packs out there. Only GORT's "Rebellion of the Builder", "Equilibrium" and the undisputed champion of hard taffing, "Finals at the Academy", can really be considered harder.

Morat

Literate
For serious taffers I'd say it's worth a playthrough for the fourth mission alone, but getting there is the problem, because Ruins of Originia also ranks as one of the hardest FM packs out there. Only GORT's "Rebellion of the Builder", "Equilibrium" and the undisputed champion of hard taffing, "Finals at the Academy", can really be considered harder.

Funny you should mention that. I absolutely love Equilibrium and ROTB (can't wait for GORT to finish the second one), so I don't think it was the difficulty of ROO that was turning me off but just the general feel of the first mission. Nevertheless, I think I will steel myself to try it once again except I'll work backwards from the last mission and do Margroth last. Maybe doing the best mission first is the best way for me to convert to the side of the Ruins of Originia lovers :hug:

Yandros

Savant
I got stuck on the first mission and never got past it to play the others, but that was years ago and my skills are no doubt a bit better now, so maybe I should give it another try sometime. Being an oldster, I played both Underworlds when they came out on my 80386SX/16. #getoffmylawn

I would also definitely not include "Equilibrium" among the most difficult missions, although it is among the best. And JIS's missions like Elevator are probably missing from your list (another which I've never played).

SlyFoxx

Educated
I liked "Ruins" for its "what the fuck am I going to find next" factor. I've never really played many other PC games so any similarity between RoO and other titles would have been lost on me. For an early and highly ambitious mission pack it has its good moments and not so good moments. To save frustration and get through it in a reasonable amount of time I recommend just getting the walk-through handy and referencing it when needed. http://thiefmissions.com/walkthroughs/RuinsOfOriginia.html

Queued Typical Modder
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/half-life/images/7/71/HEV_Suit_lab.jpg
haluminiun you're idiot with no doubt. you always defend stupid things
an asshole without any story. just this :) and thansk again :)
dont worry
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1996937&postcount=9

Here on Eidos i was the only modder and i did nice things , in eleganza e

tranquillità
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88491&page=84

I think you do not you understand that I am joined here just to check.
Intelligent Threads (people on Eidos Don knew what a FM)
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=145258

my best work on Eidos 6300 view ????????? 6300...yes The first conversion of Thief

1 in Thief 3 with Unreal Tech.. :)
now, they will be even more the views.
My missions are always been recognized as the best Graphics , and im that mapper

:) even a morn idiot as haluminiun haste like my work :)

for RPG people neutral
but of course if you are here to rpg codex you should not believe skaky or other

trolls, judge by yourself :) yes i entered for trol la bit..but for old stuff.

between me and yandros there selling their shit bugged missions you look in their

thread,each mission have bugs, about my missions everything was fixed a book

without text, is not a bug the author forgot to put text, don't forget that i have

to make a translation for you,and prefer a blank page , than a bad translated

page. because you dont want waste your time in learning other linguages i prefer

my languages as well which is very complex and it comes from ancient Roman Empire.

i dont care if you dont know italian ,we european mapper have t otranslated for

you.. yandros dont know that we eurpoean we do 2 fucking effort ...and the editor

is in english too..try to make a mission with russian editor or with a french

editor ,you wil understand the difficulty.
a forgetfulness :) a bug is something like an AI. walking in the air.
a aI that enters into a wall, This is what you can see in Yandros's mission :)
anyway everything was fixed

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1976580&postcount=2
you're in America away from me :)
Thanks God protect from the idiots :) and from the people with no talent who want

sell their shit..

before entering here, I've got a suit against the some sort of melting ,admin you

melted your balls only :)This also protects against assholes :) to an old Taffer

like me I would have been stupid to come in here without protection right?so you

do not laugh too much I have not even scratched. lol ..it your own illusion, and I

do not care just the comments of people who do not know anything about Thief. I

was the 'only one in the history of this game to have used Dark Engine - Quake (I

released maps for quake also) unreal 1 2 3 4. frankly the envy of skaky or others

dude dont touch me

or even the idiotcity of haluminium haste LOL what a funny guy
(BTW haluminiun , you makes me sick a bit..i feel A bad sensation when i talk with

you..please go away, are you some sort of satanist ?) oh Jesus Protect me from

this shit. OK DONE thanks again for your compliment :)
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1996937&postcount=9
thanks .i sent that pm becaseu yuor friend said bad things about me..but your mind

i stoo poor for understan who and why. you defend people without make afuckign

analyze of the facts.. so afater your post here. you worth for me even 1 cent.

please RPg forgive my bad english...i want make you laugh :)

1 one thing that this forum does not know ,because you are not familiar with the

facts or Thief stuff just open the threads, the facts speak. I got compliments

from everyone when i was there in ttlg.

Unreal 3 ,the only Taffer
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142228

open il mio Harem :)

it is just trolling , c'mon...a Architecture Lesson ok ?:)

here a normanl cathedral
rVNDfJZh.jpg

ladies and gentleman , the crap :
T6IAIeBh.png

i think the photo talk for itself , i wasting my time eplaining ?
xCKaOiSh.jpg

this happen in general with mapper of Thief 1 2 , they have no idea of basis of

architecture , they live detached from the world...have you ever see a cathedral

with icecream ? bah...

This is a Cathedral , and it is also a Rebuilt for True thief fan of TDS in Thief

2 , open your eyes BUM .
xCKaOiSh.jpg

Z6kbjy5h.png

5ZQeqG0h.png

siRLUorh.jpg

IAqj9zQh.jpg

FeHkAKdh.jpg

iu0p7JTh.jpg

Ljq57jZh.jpg

oLC6DPmh.jpg

dzDyqv0h.jpg

SsBKakFh.png

3lDY248h.png

a work in progress:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-new-version-unreal-tech/videos/thief-3-cathedral-i

n-thief-2-work-in-progress

Here he try to make a cloktower...LOL

BajIf2Fh.jpg

Accept this skaky. you have been fucked :)
mZrQDvRh.jpg

have a medkit skaky
MP5v4cbh.png

This is a cloktower for Thief 2 and for Thief 3 ...made by me.. it is ispired fro
PoRsbuah.jpg

TBc6ZZYh.jpg

OZZrQ7oh.jpg

WLO8Tl5h.jpg

WIRBwKLh.jpg

x9NqdGWh.jpg

Mi9oAbXh.jpg

H9k8Iexh.jpg

or Here i reconstruct the Cathedral of Thief in Unreal..with better architecture..

i never attacked anyone in ttlg they attacked me..so their problem i wasting my

time fucking woman of every nation :) i dotn care about your stupid forum

frankly..and anfetr this i dont goinf to open it again..but for the new Thief

funs. open your eyes those people is trolling you :)

ok i trolled a bit RPG codex :)
boys i dont care of the forum...or if you think to offend me..i dont give a fuck

of all, as you see from nickname i jouiend for toll Yandros which is always

negative..
Yandros take some pills. and talk about something else...
you're giving too much importance to me :)

[V] join in rpg codex and destroy Yandros reputation putting it shows that the

trolls are stupid to follow false prophets.

[V] show skaky how is poor as person , ans his architecture suck [optional]
if you can fuck his girlfriend , you don't find his girlfreind eat some icecream.

you in the incecream maker after all ;)

[V]let undrstand all that you're joking :) and trolling and that you dont give a

fuck of their forum :)

[V] when all your objectives are complete ,escape joking heHEheHeHEhehe

was a joke Bye bye people.
fuck you all. and dont waste your time in writing something after this because
i dont going to read this forum again :) Free as a bird...IM free as a bird :)

but please reflect on what i sayd.
+

FReeeeeeeeeee
i have trolled you a bit :)

Bye BYEEEEEEEEEE and i brofisted you all :)

BYeeeee
bye

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom