Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

fortuni

Literate
Thank you JarlFrank & Darth S

I may not use every review you have written, I'll be selective depending on my needs.

As for 'impressions' that's exactly what most people want when looking for a mission to play. With no disrespect to any one who has ever written a review (and that includes me) a lot of reviews are very long winded, average in content, un-engaging and i suspect not always read to the end. Impressions that are short, sharp, sweet.....and with a bit of humour is what I prefer when picking a mission, film to watch or book to read.

So having a mixture of full on reviews, comments from forums and critical impressions should give a nice flavour this project.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
86d.png

cowking

Scholar
The Siege Shop for TDM.

Yet another completely linear tdm mission (with annoying amount of lockpicking) and the story is not interesting enough to carry it.

Quit before completion.

cowking

Scholar
H3H3 said:
I just played Brainchild, a FM by Sperry. It was very different from the average mansion heist mission and for that, I adore it. Compared to most FMs, this one really stands out with it's unique setting and non thiefy, exploration-focused gameplay. I also love how Sperry managed to perfectly combine the Thief: Gold ambients (like the droning echoes and hums from the original games) with this creepy, techno-nightmare labyrinth of a level. Plus, the lack of any story or explanation just leaves the player guessing and wanting more. If you haven't played Brainchild yet, then stop reading this review and do it right now. Trust me, it's an experience you won't forget and there hasn't been anything like this since.

This fm was like a david lynch movie, totally concur, wish it was longer - left me wanting more. I do recommend you play it at night for maximum effect, it's a very dark fm.

H3H3

Novice
I do recommend you play it at night for maximum effect, it's a very dark fm.
A bit too dark, if I say so myself. I have to admit, I turned up the gamma a few times just to see what the hell was going on. Hiding the ladder that leads up to the key you need in the second room near the tunnel was just a dick move.

cowking

Scholar
I actually liked it. Ended up playing through twice because of it. I still think I might have missed something.

On my first playthrough I didn't find the key and suicided into the cthulhu pit.

Also

That blair witch guard in the end seriously creeped me out. It would have been even better if you couldn't reach the room.

To add, this fm reminds me of the great machine in mutant chronicles.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Gave it a go, it's 85% exploring caves and Lost City areas, which includes platforming sections and some traps.

It's rather large and there's plenty to see and find. It uses good old Thief OM textures and objects and the readables aren't that bothersome, so if you like Lost City FMs this ranks as a solid 8 in my books.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Pretty standard Lost City romp so far. It's big but also very spread out. Generally I prefer missions like Lady Rowena's (rip) The Tower that are more compact but make great use of that space but this one has been enjoyable. One thing though: damn those old textures are ugly. I deleted the "Mine" and "NewKeep" folders inside the "fam" folder of this mission and copypasta'd over the corresponding textures from the Thief 1 HD mod and it looks waaaaay better.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Forgive me, I had to look it up online. Rated the mission 3* because very obscure puzzles, otherwise the knockout limit was a welcome addition that really made me think a lot more about my plan and how to proceed.

cowking

Scholar
What are some A-list missions from the last years that are so good you can't unlike them (excluding skacky missions)?

FMs like chalice of souls, godbreaker, breathing corpses etc...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom