Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There's a new gaming website in town!

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
AngrySpic said:
Joe_Sith_03_web.jpg

Hey, don't make me angry! ;)
Does it mean that you're going to try to grab someone's crotch?

AngrySpic said:
So please consider posting on Blistered Thumbs.Net or even writing articles. The Staff decides which entries are published, and you might even become Staff Member and hang out with the Channel Awesome Crew! :)
Together we can make Blistered Thumbs.Net the ULTRA MEGA AWESOME GAMING SITE NO. ONE!!!

Also, check out our other site, That Guy With The Glasses. Here you´ll not only find your favorite Video Personalities from Blistered Thumbs.Net like the award-winning Spoony ('The King Of Riffing'), Benzaie, Jew Wario, Bennet the Sage or Game Heroes, NO, there are tons of other awesomely funny reviewers like Linkara, FilmBrian, The Cinema Snob, Marzgurl, Phelous, The Nostalgia Chick, Obscurus Lupa, Sean Fausz, Dr. Ashen and - OF COURSE!!! - The Nostalgia Critic, our resident Internet Celebrity. Check out our awesome 2nd Anniversary Feature Film 'KICKASSIA'.

And if you really dig our stuff, hey, you might even wanna go to our Channel Awesome Store! Get awesome deals on Channel Awesome merchandise like movies, t-shirts or autographs. And if you can´t find what you're looking for, try Spoony's Online Store. Buy high quality mousepads, mugs and much more imprinted with Spoony's funny memes (for example 'Zelda Scott' or 'Dr. Inano')! And - OF COURSE!!! - AWESOME quote t-shirts!

I HEARD THAT CURTIS! xD
Jesus fucking Christ it's like that thing that Cleve was talking about.

AngrySpic said:
But seriously, the RPGCodex and Blistered Thumbs are not so different as it may seem. We see it as our duty to be honest to our readers, not to suck up to publishers for exclusives and shit like that. Now, you guys don´t buy the hype and we´d like to hear your opinions too, especially since we´re also into retro gaming like many of you.
So, HappySpic, what's so interesting about your retro section? It doesn't have a single RPG or Wargame. What does it have in common with a prestigious magazine like RPGCodex?

Blackula

Educated
I sent a little present to Blistered Thumbs featuring everyone's favorite tranny :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Retro = mario and obscure SNES titles. More like blistered ass, ololol.

Multi-headed Cow

Alexandros said:
Whoever's behind this troll, props for originality :)
No kidding. If this is actually a Codexer posting all this then this is seriously well done.

CrimHead

Scholar
I like angryjoe's nonconformist gamer shtick. He complains about professional gaming journalists writing illegitimate reviews influenced by developer blowjobs/money, then goes on to give every major, hyped up, popular xbox release a 9/10with his ANGRY SEAL OF APPROVAL.

What are you so angry about anyway, joe? All of your reviews apparently fall somewhere between the 7-10 range, just like every other mainstream game reviewer out there. You're not special, you're just another statistic.s

On a side note, are modern gamers so stupid as to think a 10 point grading scale is superior in accuracy to a thumbs up or a thumbs down, a seal of approval, or simply criticism/praise in the review itself, from which they should be able to derive the journalist's opinion? Sometimes, these scales even include decimals, which is really perplexing, as they could've just as easily used a 100 scale. What the fuck is the difference between a 9.2 and a 9.5 anyway? an 8.5 and a 9? a 9.8 and a 10? Is everyone in gaming journalism retarded?

Blackula

Educated
Hey look, registration requires no confirmation... these bros are asking for it :M

CrimHead

Scholar
Truthfully though, I think this was an attempt by a Codexer to initiate a flying cock raid on Angry Joe's site.

Blackula

Educated
CrimHead said:
Truthfully though, I think this was an attempt by a Codexer to initiate a flying cock raid on Angry Joe's site.
Most likely, but a well deserved one :smug:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You know, I really can't tell if this is a troll thread or not.

If he's actually serious, I feel sorry for him.

Tycn

Savant
The first post, while copypasta, hasn't been posted to any other site which would have been likely if he was actually trying to pull readers.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It is more than likely a troll to get the Codex to invade that pus-filled pimple of a website, but there is nothing wrong in shooting first and asking questions later.

Blackula

Educated
Tycn said:
The first post, while copypasta, hasn't been posted to any other site which would have been likely if he was actually trying to pull readers.
24wvdj4.jpg

AngryJoe

Novice
Hmm, Mike was right, you guys are really a tough bunch. :P And no, this is not a troll, I´ll mention the Codex in one of my upcoming videos to prove it. ;)

Anyways, I´m not ALL about twitchy console games, for example check out my Civ 5 review. There´s also a ton of other cool stuff on my website AngryJoeShow.Com. You can also follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Join the Angry Army today!

Oh and if you like my stuff please donate! Generous donations will be mentioned at the end of the next video!

So, I´ll leave it at that, if you excuse me now, Blistered Thumbs.Net still needs a lot of work. :)
See you guys around!

-Angry Joe

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
okay, it IS Skyway.

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
.............\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Blackula said:

Goddamn. This still cracks me up. I can just imagine the fat jaded codexer looking at this fuck's face that's screaming in absurd delight, and in turn quietly trembling in rage to type impotently their cold, hard dissaproval. This is great :lol:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
AngryJoe said:
Hmm, Mike was right, you guys are really a tough bunch. :P And no, this is not a troll, I´ll mention the Codex in one of my upcoming videos to prove it. ;)

We're just a bunch of elitist fucktards that don't like the way the gaming world is heading. If you can convince us that you're not a troll nor a consoletard, then we MIGHT think diffrently about you. For now... GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR CODEX! :x

Melcar

Arcane
MY FUCKING EYES. WTF BROS?! I though we had a policy about NSFW shit outside of GD?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom