Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Revenant

Well, it's understandable since people won't have anything to do for 1+ year till the next expansion... Without any content updates in the meantime.

Aildrik

Savant
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Vengeance_of_the_Void

Interesting how this was posted in 2011, yet many of the bullet points ended up being accurate for this current expansion, especially the part about Illidan being redeemed in the eyes of the Naaru. They even had some of the zones right (MacAree for example). I think it is fairly safe to conclude Blizzard is setting up the Void as being a focus of the next expansion although it remains to be seen if it is the main focus.

Also, if you consider it took 6 expansions to wrap up the bulk of the story arc that started in Warcraft, I suspect this coming expansion might be more of an introduction to some new Foozle or group of threats. Sets us up for more expansion milking ;p

Wulfstand

Prophet
After Legion, The Void "Lords" are the only main big baddies left, so I'm sure they'll focus the remainder of the expacs either around them or focused on them. Of course, we know fuck all about any of them, which leads me to believe that they'll do what they did in Cata/MoP and have the main antagonists be their prime puppets.
With all the Southshores/Kul Tiras datamining, wouldn't be surprised if next expac would be NZoth (old gods are servents of the void lords iirc) + Azjara, which would be very fun if done right.

What I'm mainly hoping for next expac is that they revert some of the pruning. One big and easy way of doing it is to get rid of the Honor Talents (keep the prestiege system though, that works) and reincorporate the spells/talents form there into the main pve system. I'm hopeful that'll happen as well with the main PvP lead fucking off of WoW, but even so, fingers crossed.
That, and level scaling the whole of Azeroth, with larger World Quests that take place on all major continents. That'd give better end-game than vanilla.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Or instead of coming up with new comic book villains they could make the game about the Horde vs Alliance conflict again which is 1000000000000000x more interesting than fighting against some kind of Galactus ripoff. I'd be more invested in scenarios where the elves are pissed off at the orcs because they are cutting down their forest for lumber and this being a huge spark that ignites a larger scale conflict between the two races than having yet another ancient evil awaken(tm).

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
I agree and hope they turn back to more Orcs v Humans stuff, but even in expansions where the conflict was prominent, like Cata or MoP, the racial conflict was only a part of the whole plot of the expansion. Every expansion is gonna have a villain of the week and/or a poster child, with the story mainly surrounding it, for better or worse.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can't turn back to Horde vs. Alliance because it would make absolutely no sense in terms of the larger narrative. It barely made sense during MoP.

Revenant

Men lore got so cringeworthy I can't even anymore. Won't gonna use any spoiler tags because who the fuck would care about this crap being spoiled, lol

Turalyon: WE SPENT THOUSANDS OF YEARS IN TEH GREAT DARK BEYOND FIGHTING EBUL
Aleria: OMG TURALYON THIS IS OUR SON
Arator: MOTHER FATHER WHY DID YOU ABANDON ME I'M GONNA TURN EMO NOW
Aleria: MY SON PLEASE FORGIVE US. I JUST NEED TO GO DRAIN VOID FROM THIS VOIDSPAWN NOW
Shifty etherial: GO ON, ALERIA... WHAT WORST COULD HAPPEN
Aleria: I DON'T KNOW SENPAI THIS IS DANGEROUS
Shifty etherial: NEVER MIND JUST REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING ITS SAFE
Aleria: ALRIGHT IT'S GOOD OHMYGAWD IT'S EATING MY FACE

... And this is the successor to a game I've spent evenings 11 years ago admiring the great story and characters. Hahaha no. Are Blizzard even trying anymore? It's like they poked their department of stoned millenials with "hey guys, it's like a new patch is due, write some bullshit" and they did. And worse, the shitty millenial youtube community is eating this ship up with admiration. I don't think how anyone would actually consider paying real money on a subscription for this.

Keshik

Arcane
Men lore got so cringeworthy I can't even anymore. Won't gonna use any spoiler tags because who the fuck would care about this crap being spoiled, lol

Turalyon: WE SPENT THOUSANDS OF YEARS IN TEH GREAT DARK BEYOND FIGHTING EBUL
Aleria: OMG TURALYON THIS IS OUR SON
Arator: MOTHER FATHER WHY DID YOU ABANDON ME I'M GONNA TURN EMO NOW
Aleria: MY SON PLEASE FORGIVE US. I JUST NEED TO GO DRAIN VOID FROM THIS VOIDSPAWN NOW
Shifty etherial: GO ON, ALERIA... WHAT WORST COULD HAPPEN
Aleria: I DON'T KNOW SENPAI THIS IS DANGEROUS
Shifty etherial: NEVER MIND JUST REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING ITS SAFE
Aleria: ALRIGHT IT'S GOOD OHMYGAWD IT'S EATING MY FACE

... And this is the successor to a game I've spent evenings 11 years ago admiring the great story and characters. Hahaha no. Are Blizzard even trying anymore? It's like they poked their department of stoned millenials with "hey guys, it's like a new patch is due, write some bullshit" and they did. And worse, the shitty millenial youtube community is eating this ship up with admiration. I don't think how anyone would actually consider paying real money on a subscription for this.

Yeah, the lore is more 'rule of cool' than ever. Just glad Illidan is put in a box, tired of his edge.

J1M

Arcane
... And this is the successor to a game I've spent evenings 11 years ago admiring the great story and characters.
I'm sorry to say this says a lot more about you than Blizzard.
It's the shift from faction-driven to character-driven stories that results in this decline. Prior, the characters were in the story because they did something notable. Now the story stumbles to find them something to do, because the characters are the given.

Wulfstand

Prophet
WoW has declined a lot since the end of TBC. I did not enjoy WotLK very much but MoP and the changes to the talent system turned me completely away.
Out of curiosity, why did you dislike the way the talent system changed? How many viable builds did the older talent system offer when it came to (strictly) pve? Asking purely out of curiosity, as my main experience with the pre-mop talent system was in vanilla, where most specs only had or two viable builds for raiding/pve. Currently it isn't that much different, I don't believe there is any spec that has more than 2-3 viable and truly different builds when it comes to killing dragons.

Sykar

Arcane
WoW has declined a lot since the end of TBC. I did not enjoy WotLK very much but MoP and the changes to the talent system turned me completely away.
Out of curiosity, why did you dislike the way the talent system changed? How many viable builds did the older talent system offer when it came to (strictly) pve? Asking purely out of curiosity, as my main experience with the pre-mop talent system was in vanilla, where most specs only had or two viable builds for raiding/pve. Currently it isn't that much different, I don't believe there is any spec that has more than 2-3 viable and truly different builds when it comes to killing dragons.

I enjoyed the old system because it was not locked into specializations where certain spells like the armors, Fireblast, Ice Lance, Arcane Blast, Scorch, etc were locked to one specific specializaton. The problem with "viable" specs was not solved at all with the new one so it was just a waste of time. Also there were plenty of viable specs depending on classes and content you preferred. Mages in TBC had viable specs for all 3 major trees and had some variances with the off trees as well. While Frost was dominant in PvP there were couple of fairly successful fire and even arcane mages around.
The problem of "viablity" is also a matter what type of content you play. I was never a hardcore raider so I never cared about what is "best" or "optimal" and just played my female UD frost mage day in and day out even though the retarded CC immunities killed half of my damage. I did plenty of open world, duel and BG PvP and frost was decent to good there most of the time except for mid classic and T1&T2 gear.
There are a lot of other changes which bummed be earlier like the removal of ranks for example. They also castrated a lot of spells. When I came last year more than half of my hotbars were empty because they removed a lot of spells.
Instead of enhancing and improving balancing they streamlined and castrated everything.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Are you on tarren mill? Khazra sounds familiar. Not going male orc monk for the full Hell Boy aesthetic is a wasted opportunity imo.

This reminds me that there are people that play this game just to collect transmog appearances.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Are you on tarren mill? Khazra sounds familiar. Not going male orc monk for the full Hell Boy aesthetic is a wasted opportunity imo.

This reminds me that there are people that play this game just to collect transmog appearances.
no tarren mill sounds like a server for FAGS

i dont even know the name of the server i play on

Wulfstand

Prophet

no tarren mill sounds like a server for FAGS

i dont even know the name of the server i play on

I'm retarded, didn't recognize your username this morning while I read your post. Jesus christ.

What else is there to do?

Push mythic keystones for the same dungeons for the Gorillionth time. Do the same argus WQs daily till you unlock the full netherlight crucible for your main/off spec. Heroic raids (for me so far I'd say Mythic ToS isn't worth the dedication).
Lots of grinding, just like in good ol' Vanilla.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Resubbed for lulz. Bored after about a week. Already farmed enough tokens on Argus to get to ilevel 925 and the final raid LFR mode only drops 915 or so gear. Not that I have a desire to run it. Did Tomb of Sargeras once, no desire to go back. I might buy Destiny 2 and then cash in my remaining four tokens to make up the difference after purchase to bring my bnet balance back up to $350.

Everything just falls over dead. It's another iteration of Timeless isle running around killing rares. They even give you an overpowered siege vehicle on a mere ten minute cooldown that allows you to solo anything and everything.

J1M

Arcane
They released a single-player patch for wow? Raid behind a 2 month timed lockout? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom