Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Worlds of Magic Thread - It's out... sorta

DakaSha

Arcane
On the other hand, it's "Good OLD Games".
It makes sense if they wait at least for the game to have stabilized a little...

There is your problem

Torrasque01

Augur
Oh man I made the mistake of going to the official forums to look for changes and opinions and I remembered why other forums are shit. Though I was amused watching mastroego try to explain le :balance: man to normies and fanbois. They thought our bro wanted Cucksidian to remove the limerick :lol:.

mastroego

Arcane
If anyone's interested, game is 40% off right now and for some (unspecified) time.

Haven't played it again YET. Some other stuff going on, and waiting for the last planned additions anyway.
But reports have it stable enough at this point.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Just got steamrolled by the AI. Though imho the game can only be challenge played without a Vizier to micromanage the silly. I would pay 15$ for a Vizier DLC.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
quote removed

hrmm yes that perfectly sums up my opinion on the state of the AI in WoM.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Come on guys, it's all pretend, can't you see? For the dumb masses.
A few countries bitch and moan, and then EVENTUALLY agree to receive 2000 immigrants. Over two years.

We're talking about the number that arrive on our costs, roughly, in THREE DAYS. And it's not like immigrants only arrive by sea, so increase that even further.
It's insulting to even debate such issues, but talk about them long and hard enough, and people will start forgetting about the REAL problem... for a while longer, at least, then it'll be a problem for another day.

But more theatrics will help again, of course, even then.
They always do.
The standards will have be lowered even more, and the sheep will be ready to absorb even more crap.
hrmm yes that perfectly sums up my opinion on the state of the AI in WoM.
Dunno, maybe WoM has a faction of illegal boat immigrants? Haven't really kept up with the game.

mastroego

Arcane
Darn it, sorry guys, I had two pages open and posted in the wrong one.
Please edit my comments out, be gentle.

covr

Prophet
Patron
So, hoverdog, what is the current state and future of the game? Patch notes are getting shorter, people on the steam are saying that every patch brings a lot of new bugs.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I can't play the game at all at the moment. Every time I try to start a game, it hangs at the first time it tries to load an encounter. Quite frustrating, seeing as I've not had that bug before.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did Gog.com pledges ever get delivered? GOG lists it as "coming soon", but the last communication from Kickstarter was the Steam release back in March. The radio silence isn't very promising.

Gregz

Arcane
It must be very depressing to pour your heart and soul into your dream of making the best MoM clone of all time, then getting a poor to lukewarm reception, and barely breaking even financially...or perhaps even losing money on the project.

Then to be expected to continue to support such a product for free?

I'd be like..."Fuck this, I'm out! *mic drop*"

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It must be very depressing to pour your heart and soul into your dream of making the best MoM clone of all time, then getting a poor to lukewarm reception, and barely breaking even financially...or perhaps even losing money on the project.

Then be expected to continue to support such a product?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Guess the same goes for the bros from Aterdux or KingArt with Battleworlds Kronos.

These are all people that adored an old classic (MoM, Disciples, Battle Isle) and put great amount of effort, passion, time and money into making a modern tribute. Personally I think all three games are very good and absolutely deserved better recognition and sales. But apparently there weren't enough of us.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Then be expected to continue to support such a product?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Guess the same goes for the bros from Aterdux or KingArt with Battleworlds Kronos.

These are all people that adored an old classic (MoM, Disciples, Battle Isle) and put great amount of effort, passion, time and money into making a modern tribute. Personally I think all three games are very good and absolutely deserved better recognition and sales. But apparently there weren't enough of us.

I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with pricing. Right now I see two successful forms of pricing. The niche wargaming path - high prices - and the more indie-ish strategy path - low prices ($20 or below).

If you sell a game like this at $30, $40 or even more, it's going to be hard to get customers onboard unless you have a stellar track record attached to your company, and I think right now not many can get away with it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How about instead of pricing you release a playable game? Seriously people? If this thread is any indication it is and was a buggy mess not worth a single dollar. How would anyone make profit out of trash is beyond my understanding.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I missed the tagging.

in short:

- the next patch will be a big one, should fix all the big problems with stability and be the last one for a while (unless some gamebreaking issue appears)
- we will be porting the game for iOS and Android next, with added improvements - a few months' time
- then another patch for base game
- then porting for consoles, and a really big patch for base WoM along with the console release

so no, we aren't surrendering... yet.

mastroego

Arcane
Cool, but what about the last items in the post-release plan?
I mean the additional Race and a few other things.
Are they going to be included in the coming patch, or in the next one some months from now...?

And I hope you don't surrender anyway, you suffered a bad case of release (and PR) mis-management but the game is a lot better than some people give it credit for.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Cool, but what about the last items in the post-release plan?
I mean the additional Race and a few other things.
Are they going to be included in the coming patch, or in the next one some months from now...?
postponed. probably till after the mobile port.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I really like the game. I want this to succeed. Strongly.
I'm just itching for me to be able to play the game again.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Good patch, hoverdog. At last the game is in a worthy state to play. I do wonder why it was released in its buggy and unoptimized state though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom