Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I don't recall Blink being a particular problem.
For me the most frustrating part was the part after the beginner area and New City. Both Munkharama and Orkogre were very hard, but I don't think there was any easier areas except the lower levels of Dane Tower.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I always played Wizardry 6 the hard way. Because of a program bug I never could use Nuclear Blast and similar maximum level spells. I was wondering why the monsters always resisted these spells :(

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
For me the most frustrating part was the part after the beginner area and New City. Both Munkharama and Orkogre were very hard, but I don't think there was any easier areas except the lower levels of Dane Tower.

I enjoyed the first half of the game the most actually. Maybe it was easier because I had a good party to begin with, especially the ninja and monk made a huge difference in the first half. Then getting the Crusader gear at the river also helped, which is almost late-game gear.

I think the usual path is New City - Orkogre - Munkharama Upper Levels - Old City - Ukpyr. Then you can try Munkharama Dungeon, Witch Mountains, Nyctalinth or the whole Dane Tower.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
aU0HaKU.jpg

wish me luck, my love.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Pillage the vaults!

Are you aware of the retro dungeons? Probably worth reading up on how to enter those as they are good fun and there is some good loot in them.

There is one in the cemetery near Arnika. Check all tombstones carefully.

TigerKnee

Arcane
The retro dungeons are pretty fucking brutal, make a save file BEFORE you go in because it might be a bit hard to get out.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Pillage the vaults!

Are you aware of the retro dungeons? Probably worth reading up on how to enter those as they are good fun and there is some good loot in them.

There is one in the cemetery near Arnika. Check all tombstones carefully.

The retro dungeons are pretty fucking brutal, make a save file BEFORE you go in because it might be a bit hard to get out.

i am aware and i make saves all the time. it's not my first playthrough but the last one is several years back.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I wonder if ever a player "naturally discovered" how to access the retro dungeons without reading a walkthrough of some kind. If so, he must be the father of all autists.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Finding glyphs I think is doable, but the key items to unlock them... that's a whole other level.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Friggin retro dungeons. This game was awesome in so many ways.
I just got upset that it got a bit... easy at the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom