Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

TigerKnee

Arcane
The difference between Humans and Hobs for hybrids is generally whether you actually want to spellcast (which will usually just be for buffs) or not - if yes, then Humans. Otherwise Hobs.

Speed doesn't influence Lightning Strike at all, go look at the Steam formulas guide that was linked a while back.

Even if it does influence it, you want to be getting your Speed from Haste spell instead of natural stats - the only person who will need Speed is the one casting the Resistance Buffs because you absolutely need to get those off before your enemy wrecks you with a Disabling spell.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
There's still one every two steps though :M

Those are not random encounters, but the "clearing the map" encounters. Once you're done with that, you can usually go 20-40 squares without encountering anyone.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
btw, i just encountered a crappy will 'o wisp and it's wiping the floor with my party
i just can't hit it with anything, neither spells nor weapons.
any suggestions?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If it's magic attacks, try silencing it or cast magic screen. If it's melee attacks, you just need to level up and git gud.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
lvl 13-14 ninja, samurai, valkyre, lord. i just miss the damn thing all the time and when i hit i don't penetrate. it's got -14 natural armor and all resistances at 125%

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I guess you can try to weaken, irritate, blind and slow it. Or cast Deep Freeze because it goes through the resistances. Or bless and enchant blade for better penetration.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I guess you can try to weaken, irritate, blind and slow it. Or cast Deep Freeze because it goes through the resistances. Or bless and enchant blade for better penetration.
if i encounter another one. but deep freeze doesn't work, already tried.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Wisp blinks out!

Caster someone casts deep freeze!

Wisp blinks in!

:^)

Reapa

Doom Preacher
what do i tell the mage i kill in the end why i killed him?
nevermind. it's
cosmic forge

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
going from 6 to 7 the game is fucking slow. can i do anything to speed it up? increasing cpu cycles doesn't seem to work or doesn't affect the game.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
In combat use Enter to speed it up. You can also go to the options to set the speed of text.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
In combat use Enter to speed it up. You can also go to the options to set the speed of text.
yeah, i forgot i had to configure wiz 6 as well in the beginning. like turn off sound. now increasing cpu cycles does work.
at least in combat. resting on the other hand will be hard to abuse. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom