Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, that was the issue.

But now I'm realizing I'm way too weak for the Sorn. So back to the grind.

:dealwithit:

Did you manage to release the Gatekeeper?

BlackGoat

Arbiter
I was spoiled on the Gatekeeper so I did that right away, but then I get blasted to shit by all the demons in the second round anyway. My guys are pretty low level, tho even if they were higher I'm not sure how to deal with this. What increases my chances of resisting those hardcore blasts? Do I just need lots of HP?

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
. What increases my chances of resisting those hardcore blasts? Do I just need lots of HP?

High luck and character level is important to avoid or reduce damage IIRC. And of course lots of HP to soak up the damage.
At least you have gotten farther than I did. I still wonder what excactly buggered my game...

BlackGoat

Arbiter

Took down Sorn with zero losses. Dat bacortu. And now I don't know what to do with myself. I think I'll lay off the Wizardries for a bit. Great games. Diving in this past month has really reconfigured my design sensibilities. I'm not a full-on evangelist or anything, but it's definitely rounded things out for me.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, has anyone come up with parties for the wizardry 8 lately? Gotta say, Mook samurai and felpur rogue at this point pretty much own everything. My poor lizard man lord can barely get a swing in before even the toughest enemies are done.
If the samurai doesn't instakill, the rogue back stabs with a sword doing on avg 80 to 100 damage per swing.
And the rogue pretty much kills a ton of shit instantly cause of the sword she uses and the stiletto, both of which have high kill%.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the most effective wiz 8 party i remember using on Hard difficulty was:

2x Samurai in front pelting enemies w/ Bows and then switching to katanas when the enemy approached
2x Ninja off to the sides pelting the enemy with armor penetatring missile weaponry always
2x bishops sandwiched in the "middle" buffing the party / debuffing the enemy

don't remember what races any of them were. i think i just make them all human in wiz 8 as nothing really makes any difference as the character development is so watered down.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Hey guys
Free Steam key for Wiz 6&7 to first person who takes it:
FNNLA-RETV0-70ZT7

Got it in a bundle and already have these games. Dunno if the key is tied to my steam account somehow, but if not, first come first serve!

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Thank you sir :salute:

The copy protection bullshit is off? I just started a new game in crusaders of the dark savant to test it and when the game asked for the word I just pressed enter and then started.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Wizardry 4 is teh hard, more when you do some backtracking.

I discovered two stones in level 3, but I could take just one because mines are too much problem and collecting 10+ Dios potions is a waste of time, maybe when I reach the final pentagram and learn Malor I'm going to go back.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
NO, unless you're into anime portrait graphics or desperately need a better automap.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wizardry GOLD also has a bug where the text flies on the screen at once. You will miss all the dialogue and text in the game. Text works fine in the DOS version.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Now in level 5.

Level 6 was kind of easy, I used the same pattern of seek the pentagram and destroy those anoying patrollers to explore relaxed, after beating some kind of guardian I teleported right in the stairs up, so no much problem, the spinners in this level had some trick if you just want to go north or south.

Now I'm in Level 5, the design is well done for disorient, similar to level 6 but with dark squares and a lot of "butterflies". The good thing is that I found the pentagram. Funny thing is that I insta-killed an annoying patrol party with a single Lakanito.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You are one level away from the most diabolical of all diabolical blobber levels...
Protip: don't save early in lvl 4. The dungeon layout changes when you save and quit and you risk being trapped.

Last edited:

AArmanFV

Arbiter
The level with insane ammount of one-way doors?, I heard about it.

I'm gonna be careful with the save slots.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
One-way doors and a fuckton of spinners. I succesfully mapped the floor though I am not 100% sure of the wall setup around the some of the spinners. Thankfully there are 3 pentagrams around at least.
I am currently backtracking through the previous floors to pick up the stuff I couldn't get before, though I'm not too sure what to do with them.
Don't know what to use the demonic chimes for, don't know which one of the three swords you should take at the Dreampainter's temple so leaving that for the time being. And the hopalong carrot, apart from the oracle's hint "a step to the left and a hop to the right"
So I think I'll move back to floor 4, save at the staircase leading up, and then explore the upper floors to give me a ebtter idea of what is to come so I can make sure I get everything done on the previous floors.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Right so I had a closer look at the hints from the oracle and the use for the carrot is pretty obvious.
I am still puzzled about the gates of hell, but according to the oracle I have to enter it. I used the Demonic Chimes on it all the way back at the start but don't know what else to use it for (apart for its ability to cast mamorlis) and I have no more space in my black box as I have picked up everything with special names. Guess I could bruteforce it and try to use all my items.
A vague hint before I just throw everything at it?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The three swords have different properties, but I don't think there's any in-game way of knowing in advance. IIRC they are all good weapons, but with different bonuses, some of which may be more useful than others.
You may want to consult a walkthrough to make an informed choice.

As for the gate, don't forget the Dreampainter's KA.

To make room in the Black Box, do the Witch's quest.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm running out of "classic Codex approved RPGs" to play! Just ran through Gothic, loved it, and dipped my toes in Morrowind, boring info dumps and an unappealing progression system, now I'm looking at Wizardy! Where should I start? Am I correct to think that this is going to be like Grim Rock? I haven't played any other blobber aside from Rock 1 and 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom