Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

nikolokolus

Arcane
Even if you wanted to argue that its an important job (it isn't), they hired an absolute moron and overall pathetic of waste of space to do it. They would have been better off just shutting down their forums.

Hyperbole maybe, but this guy is a fucking loser.

I don't think there's much wasted space when Chris Priestly is in the room
*Goddammit, why can't I just pass over this low hanging fruit?*

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
moar

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-04.jpg

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-03.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I love how the GAF is freaking out over subpar textures and polycount when the art style looks pretty damn fine.

Plus if textures are your biggest concern why the hell would you get a console version, come on.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I love how the GAF is freaking out over subpar textures and polycount when the art style looks pretty damn fine.

Plus if textures are your biggest concern why the hell would you get a console version, come on.

Because PC ultra textures will require 8gb of vram:balance:

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Subpar textures? Le fuck?

Bro don't you know that today if you don't need 4 titans with total of 24 gb vram you are running subpar textures

It would still be 6GB effectively since it copies the textures over all four of the GPU. Also if CD Projekt Red is serious about trying to establish a significant modding community, there will inevitably be some insane texture mods.

Starwars

Arcane
Have there been any word at all about the system requirements? I kinda hope that if you can run TW2 decently, then you would be able to run this decently with a lot of bells and whistles turned off but I guess that's not how game optimization works.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember when I was trolling Bioware forums when DA2 got released, one of my favorite things were comparing graphics of DA2 and Witcher 2. I was actually quite surprised how many people thought that DA2 had superior visuals, and they felt like it was stone cold fact not worthy of discussion.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Makabb, your screens definitely aren't "in game". That screen with Geralt his drawn sword against a wolf looks much more realistic... in terms of what we'll get.

I do not mind it. But you can hardly argue that the visual gap is not so impressive, relative to Witcher 2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I remember when I was trolling Bioware forums when DA2 got released, one of my favorite things were comparing graphics of DA2 and Witcher 2. I was actually quite surprised how many people thought that DA2 had superior visuals, and they felt like it was stone cold fact not worthy of discussion.
I recall some Bioware person agreeing that Witcher 2 looked better, but saying it's because Witcher 2 is a single-character game and doesn't have to deal with the memory footprint of a 4-character party, which is true enough.

Conveniently ignoring all talk of art style of course.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Whenever I see the word NeoGaff.. I think Insane SJW Community.. Not sure why I should trust their mods to Veto anything that didn't align with their world views..

I can see the most flimsy of evidence making this guy a credible source..

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Neogaf is decent when it comes to leaks as long as they're heavily sony-related.

Outside of it, not too much. Sometimes they hit, usually they miss.

Compare Geralt's head in that top pic to http://images.gamersyde.com/image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-26498-2651_0002.jpg

Your usual bullshottery. Some people keep getting surprised by it for some reason.

The camera is further away and in every game there are less details for the sake of performance when you move the camera away. On close up it will probably look like on those screenshots.
image_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-26498-2651_0002.jpg

camera is away? yes, about two fucking meters :M also that fur texture :lol:

this is skyrim shit tier
The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-03.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom