Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a world as allegedly wide as Kurwa's, how is the player going to have a drive to find stuff and explore?

It would be fun if they added the "Hardcore mode" from new vegas but much more "Witchery"
You'd be poor as fuck, barely managing to earn enough for your food and supplies so you'd be pretty much forced to travel, kill monsters, explore and do quests.
This'd actually be cool.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Then how would you handle character progression and leveling? Not having level restricted gear, but having penalties for using them would be equally retarded by your logic because Getalt is a master swordsman. Using not level but stat restrictions would again retarded because Geralt is a master swordsman. Getting rid of weapon restrictions all together but make them spawn in places you need to be higher level to even go because no level scalling is essentially the same as level restricting weapons.

Give players everything at once because Geralt is master at .... (insert proffesion) and turn it into a action game like the Ciri sections?

This is a computer game you now, not the book, there are certain things that will be slaves to the mechanic. But if you are a fanboy of making sense, let's make Geralt go down after one sword strike to the head. because his head it cracked open and he can't fight anymore. I think you would cry foul about it because it woule turning it into Dark Souls and not a "proper" RPG with stats.

You are viewing everything through the prism of the book where Geralt had already established skill level and years of experience this doesn't translate well into a system where you gain EXP to improve your character. So yes, you are a fanboy.
Get rid of restrictions, let players use what they find.

tumblr_m0wjeuvo0z1qfcbut.jpeg

Perkel

Arcane
People wondering why they implemented weapon levels:

that's why
:troll:

Beowulf

Arcane
Witcher 3 will be what Dwarf Fortress strived to be, but with decent graphics. However the UI will still be somewhat awkward and cumbersome.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Whatever the mechanical restriction, master swordsman Geralt's inability to wield a sword is retarded and should have never made into the game.

True that, but that sorta logic does put a wrench on character progression now, don't it.

MicoSelva is just being a fanboy. While I agree that it seems a bit silly, but Geralt in Witcher 3 has his memory back so we can say the same thing about his sign usage. Experienced Witcher Geralt's inability to use signs at full power from the start is retarded and should have never made into the game. Shit you can say that about almost anything. Alchemist Witcher's Geralt inability to brew all witcher potions from the start is retarded and should have never made into the game. Etc. He is just being contrarian for the sake of it.
The signs in the game are bullshit completely unrelated to the book canon anyway, except Aard.

Also, I haven't seen any night shots, but I assume Geralt still can't see at night without potions, even though he should see nearly as well as in daylight.

Beowulf

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I am sure they are, I am just genuinely curios how someone looks at witcher 3 and sees a similarity to dwarf fortress.

Well, with all the posts...
I can't wait. Next you'll tell me there's trees growing and soil eroding in real time too.
Finally prosper will release his water from rainfall gathers into realistic pools of water mod.

Mea culpa. I should have payed more attention. All this graphix whoring gets to ya man!

Modron

Arcane
I am sure they are, I am just genuinely curios how someone looks at witcher 3 and sees a similarity to dwarf fortress.

Well, with all the posts...
I can't wait. Next you'll tell me there's trees growing and soil eroding in real time too.
Finally prosper will release his water from rainfall gathers into realistic pools of water mod.

I don't think any of those statements you gathered were serious, Delt was just poking fun of the inanity of geralt growing a beard by making fun of Bethesda saying something about soil erosion being in Skyrim (or oblivion, I cannot recall which) in a very early preview (along with enslaving the world with necromancy etcetera). And, I just used the opportunity to go one further and reference prosper's ambitious delusional plans to make a fallout 3 mod with real rainfall.

In short what ERYFKRAD said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom