Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tigranes

Arcane
It looks worse than TW2 that's for sure, but I can't really blame them for that.
S14FTaJ.jpg

What I can blame them for is almost Oblivion level bloom. In either case I don't see why they feel they need to compete with FPS game graphics, would be better if they spent that time making a combat system that didn't look so shitty.

Go look at Oblivion again. This is basically zero bloom compared to Oblivion.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is so refreshing seeing pages and pages of people discussing what elements make a great cRPG in this thread.
Dude, this game is loaded up the wazoo with nekkid chicks. You were never the target audience to begin with.

buzz

Arcane
It's amazing how beautiful games can look nowadays, packing so much detail and all these amazing features ...
~ yet the NPC still look like soulless puppets because of those eyes and the uncannyness of it all.
~ and dialogue in RPGs is still the same shit since Ultima 7, CYOA dialogue lines with occasional stat check inbetween.
~ and NPC AI is still the same static bullshit where a dude does the same few animation every day, goes to bed at night and gives you basic instruction for quests. You've had Wizardry 7 doing rival NPCs who acted in the world, or some attempts at dynamic characters with Space Rangers and Stalker.

Yeah, those mountains look pretty as fuck, but can you actually climb those mountains like you were able in some small measure in Gothic?
Those trees look gorgeous, but can you cut them down so you can start a little fire, or build a make-shift raft to get along the river?
That fort looks pretty cool, but can you amass an army and conquer it, then rule over the surrounding lands and start your own faction?

Seriously, fuck graphic whores. They have ruined our hobby more than any other subset of gamers. You can see it in this thread right here, with a bajilion of people complaining about muh bad textures and muh framerates, not being aware that the game is set on the course of blowing dongs from gameplay perspective.

I can't wait to role-play as the good-at-everything character with even less meaningful choices and the samey-ass combat in a giant map. Fuck being able to create a stealth build, fuck being able to have recruits and maybe form a new school of Witcher-ing, fuck having to deal with rival Witchers, fuck being able to choose which sides to pick in the war, fuck being able to choose fighting styles again, fuck expanding the alchemy system into new territories. No, the problem and the constant discussion has to be about how that one rock was a bit blurrier than real life or how you can't see every speck of dust and dandruff in Geralt's hair. Oh, and if the game will have loading times, because muh immershun or something.

We deserve our fate.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
DOWNGRADE OFFICIALY CONFIRMED BY RED DEVS, FRONT PAGE NEWS :argh:

How do you explain the difference between the quality of graphics on the first trailer, and the material presented today?

As Adam Badowski told us on January 26 2014 the quality models, shaders and textures in the game were improved, but during the development the lighting engine was changed. "I think there will be places that will look stunningly good and no one will accuse us that they differ from those of the first trailer. Unfortunately, there will be also passages where the game will look worse. So it is in the GTA - especially in the forest, the graphics are certainly worse than that of the neon light-polluted city "- Said the head of CD Projekt RED

PC capped to 30 fps :argh:

According to information from the interview he gave us Adam Badowski, PC game also will display 30 frames per second

http://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=1147&STR=7

naossano

Cipher
It's amazing how beautiful games can look nowadays, packing so much detail and all these amazing features ...
~ yet the NPC still look like soulless puppets because of those eyes and the uncannyness of it all.
~ and dialogue in RPGs is still the same shit since Ultima 7, CYOA dialogue lines with occasional stat check inbetween.
~ and NPC AI is still the same static bullshit where a dude does the same few animation every day, goes to bed at night and gives you basic instruction for quests. You've had Wizardry 7 doing rival NPCs who acted in the world, or some attempts at dynamic characters with Space Rangers and Stalker.

Yeah, those mountains look pretty as fuck, but can you actually climb those mountains like you were able in some small measure in Gothic?
Those trees look gorgeous, but can you cut them down so you can start a little fire, or build a make-shift raft to get along the river?
That fort looks pretty cool, but can you amass an army and conquer it, then rule over the surrounding lands and start your own faction?

Seriously, fuck graphic whores. They have ruined our hobby more than any other subset of gamers. You can see it in this thread right here, with a bajilion of people complaining about muh bad textures and muh framerates, not being aware that the game is set on the course of blowing dongs from gameplay perspective.

I can't wait to role-play as the good-at-everything character with even less meaningful choices and the samey-ass combat in a giant map. Fuck being able to create a stealth build, fuck being able to have recruits and maybe form a new school of Witcher-ing, fuck having to deal with rival Witchers, fuck being able to choose which sides to pick in the war, fuck being able to choose fighting styles again, fuck expanding the alchemy system into new territories. No, the problem and the constant discussion has to be about how that one rock was a bit blurrier than real life or how you can't see every speck of dust and dandruff in Geralt's hair. Oh, and if the game will have loading times, because muh immershun or something.

We deserve our fate.

I wish i could brofist that...
Although marketting has also improved, and lenght augmented, like those things were what we were looking for...

made

Arcane
Downgrade confirming left and right

Witcher-3.jpg

1 year old shot (top) vs current (bottom)
The buildings look blurry as fuck on the old screenshot due to depth of field. I'm sure you'll be able to enable DOF, motion blur, and all the other shit in the final version too.

On a sidenote, are you skyway reborn, now more insane than ever due to the horrors of war you were forced to witness?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Why would they cap to 30fps? I would've thought the engine made for future computers would do that anyway. :troll:

Paul_cz

Arcane
You really are a dumbfuck makabb.
This interview is months old and no, the game will not be capped to 30fps. Badowski was talking about what the recommended specs will probably put out on high settings 1080p. This is not even up to date, since then they made big strides in optimization as the guy from gamestar reported.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom