Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115200-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pax-east-panel.html

The PAX East panel for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with CD Projekt RED's senior game designer Damien Monnier, level designer Miles Tost, and members of the community team (in cosplay, even) Nadya Anton and Kevin Leab Thong, titled "What it takes to build a Next Gen Open World Game", is currently being streamed on Twitch. As of the time of this writing, they are showing an unboxing video of the Collector's Edition of the game for Xbox One, with commentary from Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb from Microsoft's Xbox team, but the full panel will also include a Q&A session with questions from the people attending the panel and the Twitch chat, and it's very likely that some gameplay will also be shown.

Darkzone

Arcane
CD Projekt RED's senior game designer Damien Monnier, level designer Miles Tost
Polskie studio, kurwa. Jak francuska reprezentacja piłki nożnej.
See it this way: Poland and CDP Red is inclusive concerning for foreign people and genders. They lacked the people so they go out into the world to hired them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-going-to-include-ice-skating-but-it-was-cut

The Witcher 3 was going to include ice-skating - but it was cut
Plus an all-new, extended look at the game in action.

CD Projekt revealed an all-new, extended look at The Witcher 3 in action as they presented a panel at this year's PAX East.

The new video, which pushes towards eight minutes, sees Gerald take to No Man's Land as he tracks down a phantom harassing a trade route before taking on a huge wyvern.

It was debuted during a panel titled 'What It Takes to Build a Next Gen Open World Game', hosted by Major Nelson and featuring senior game designer Damien Monnier - who revealed some of the features that were cut for the forthcoming game.

"At some point we had the idea of ice-skating," he said.

"It was more than an idea - it was actually a prototype. You were going to ice-skate and fight, and you could slice heads and the blood goes on the ice and it's beautiful. I really liked it. It did look amazing, but ultimately - this feature was going to be at the end of the game and introducing new game mechanics at the end of the game was quite wonky."

After a couple of delays, The Witcher 3 is due out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on May 19th.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-going-to-include-ice-skating-but-it-was-cut

The Witcher 3 was going to include ice-skating - but it was cut
Plus an all-new, extended look at the game in action.

CD Projekt revealed an all-new, extended look at The Witcher 3 in action as they presented a panel at this year's PAX East.

The new video, which pushes towards eight minutes, sees Gerald take to No Man's Land as he tracks down a phantom harassing a trade route before taking on a huge wyvern.

It was debuted during a panel titled 'What It Takes to Build a Next Gen Open World Game', hosted by Major Nelson and featuring senior game designer Damien Monnier - who revealed some of the features that were cut for the forthcoming game.

"At some point we had the idea of ice-skating," he said.

"It was more than an idea - it was actually a prototype. You were going to ice-skate and fight, and you could slice heads and the blood goes on the ice and it's beautiful. I really liked it. It did look amazing, but ultimately - this feature was going to be at the end of the game and introducing new game mechanics at the end of the game was quite wonky."

After a couple of delays, The Witcher 3 is due out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on May 19th.

Blah blah blah. DECLINE! Ice skating is in the books.

:rpgcodex:

Lol at this point i think witcher 2 looks better :M

001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Also seems like potatoes still cant into boss fights. That wyvern fight looked exactly like griffin fight:roll:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Witcher 2 looks better, but Witcher 3 is open world. Open world means more freedom and more C&C.

Modron

Arcane
There was some exclusive quest/areas to each quest giver IIRC (at least at the town after the first area).

Murk

Arcane
Are those screenshots of the video? If so, they're obviously gonna look worse than the actual game.

The combat is still disheartening with how... flowery/dancy it is. Still, maybe they tightened up how it feels. At least the stupid rolling is out -- the side stepping ought to be more contained, less guaranteed to avoid damage.

Zeriel

Arcane
That's always the downside of big environments. There's a reason MMOs always look like shit or have terrible performance, you can't push hundreds of NPC models and expansive environments onto the screen without either sacrificing visual quality or requiring a datacenter to run it.

Murk

Arcane
Perhaps you should read the 'if' part that follows afterwards, which was the point of that sentence.

-smug emoticon here-

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol at this point i think witcher 2 looks better :M
001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Also seems like potatoes still cant into boss fights. That wyvern fight looked exactly like griffin fight:roll:
It is not even a question. TW2 looked better. And it is quite a noticable decline is texture quality. Same for the grass. Not that I'm a graphic whore, but this is what it's like when you develop for multiplatform from the beginning. At least TW2 was developed for PC first, and ported to consoles afterwards.

Game will be great of course, but I'm a little disappointed.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Look at this gamebryo looking game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom