Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hiver

Lost? Polish? :outrage:And you wonder why nobody wants to hang out with you? Look potato, just because we were bored out of our skulls with your constant chants of potato! potato! potato! and potato festivals and potato dancing and potato drinks and potato cakes and potato houses ... doesnt mean we got "lost".

Sorry to break it to you guys.

Also, we got an invite from the Emperor to come over.

:smug:

Project: Eternity
Lost? Polish? :outrage:And you wonder why nobody wants to hang out with you? Look potato, just because we were bored out of our skulls with your constant chants of potato! potato! potato! and potato festivals and potato dancing and potato drinks and potato cakes and potato houses ... doesnt mean we got "lost".

Sorry to break it to you guys.

Also, we got an invite from the Emperor to come over.

:smug:
Potato weren't imported until XVI century.

But moving was great idea after all now we wil have claims on 3 seas thanks to that.

:outrage:Accept your role in Glorious Polish Commowealth:outrage:

hiver

The correct thing to say would be that Polans and Croats came from the same origins. Lived in the same general area. Doesnt mean we are Polish and it doesnt mean Poles are Croats. Lets keep the tribal boundaries clear, pls.
Anyway, since we are so close i think i can joke about Poles and they can joke about Croats without that being any kind of aggression....

A tribe called Kurwa
Ahh... thats your tribe? Thats why you like to eat Kurczak a lot.

:rofl:

Potato weren't imported until XVI century.
AHA! the proof! You were imported!

:deadhorse:

But moving was great idea after all now we wil have claims on 3 seas thanks to that.
If you think mountains are seas... i guess...

Enjoy your little piece of Baltic! I hear its great swimming there!

:outrage:Accept your role in Glorious Polish Commowealth:outrage:
Nevah!

:mob::popamole:

We will rather move to Mars!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkzone

Arcane
Don't worry Brz....kiewitz. The slavic commonwealth will come after the WW3 and the destruction of germany and russia. Nearly all domino stones are set in place and poland will be the hegemonic power in this constellation. The borders will be dniepr and dwina, oder and neisse, and the three seas in the south. Following states will be in this commonwealth: poland, czechia, slovakia, hungary, slovenia, croatia, serbia, macedonia, bulgaria, romania, ukraine, belarus, lithuania, latvia. Don't know about greece and albania, but moldavia, bosnia, kosovo and montenegro will cease to exist as seperate states. ;)

Darkzone

Arcane
The borders will be dniepr and dwina, oder and neisse, and the three seas in the south.
It's a shame then, there won't be much more than post-nuclear wasteland within those borders.
The Visegrad group will be suffer much damage. Poland, due to the invasion of the russian army. And the czech republic will be damaged, due to the US bombardment. But germany will suffer much more damage and the rhine region will be utterly destroyed. Russia will be defeated within 3-4 months, after this the russian state will be in disorder and half of the people will die. The balkan region will be invaded by the turks, that will devastate this lands. Only then the Visegrad group will unite and drive the turks from europe, forming the New Visegrad Union, and expand towards east and south. ;)

Darkzone

Arcane
What da fuck just happened to this thread???? Jesus!!!
Nothing just making some jokes, based on polish and german catholic prophecies. So yes Jesus has a lot to do with it. We simply are waiting for another news concerning TW3, and while we are waiting we make jokes. Do you know a polish joke? Or should i tell you one.

GloomFrost

Arcane
What da fuck just happened to this thread???? Jesus!!!
Nothing just making some jokes, based on polish and german catholic prophecies. So yes Jesus has a lot to do with it. We simply are waiting for another news concerning TW3, and while we are waiting we make jokes. Do you know a polish joke? Or should i tell you one.
Oh I see. Its just one page is all about about complaining about graphics and performance and the suddenly BOOM- potatoes and WW3 lol. Carry on then.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
There are 4 skill paths : sword, alchemy, signs and general. Character developpement is slightly different from TW2 though no details were given. The 3 hours hands on have been of little use in this regard since, well, it's only 3 hours.
There are also the mutagen potions now, which basically serve the same purpose the artefacts do in STALKER, if I understood correctly.

Oh, and you get XP for quest solving only, I think.

EDIT : I take that back. There's XP for killing things too.
I am curious how they changed alchemy. In W2, the potion bonuses, adrenaline skill, and damage mutagen together made for some funny moments, such as one-hit kill on the Operator.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The alchemy system in TW3 sounds weird as fuck to me, and it doesn't help that CDP didn't issue a clear description.

But the latest regarding alchemy is that you'll need more ingredients to "unlock" the potions than in previous games. Once you do, said potion will auto-refill when you medidate, providing you have an alcoholic base. You only need other ingredients when you want to upgrade the potion to a higher level.

Also, you "drink" the potions during the meditation phase (which means basically equipping the potions you want in the potion slots). And then you "acitivate" the effects during combat.
This is for the regular potions. The mutagen potions are permanent passive buffs (until you un-equip them), and these are even more hard to make, need a bunch of rare ingredients and such. And you'll also need to balance the toxicity level.

It could be great or shitty, I can't tell.

hiver

Dont see the point of doing that in an quasi open world where there should be tonnes of ingredients everywhere. Except as an intentional have your cake and eat it too ease of use feature, so you dont have to collect ingredients.
Shame about meditation, it could have been used for something much better.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
They wanted to fight the potion hoarding habit the players have picked up in the last two games. And also, to make potion use actually matter in combat.

hiver

yeah, they cured that dangerous habit alright. Potions were used in combat so far... ?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting, I did not think that the problem was a lack of potion use, but rather most potions were not that useful (unless I misunderstood your post). In W2, I always had Thunderbolt and Rook active, since I got almost 60% bonus damages with the talents, with dark mode weapons and blade oils to top it off. Since most things (including some bosses) died so quickly, nothing else mattered.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Well the main complain CDP got regarding the potions in TW2 was that you couldn't plan efficiently your potion intake.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If you're going to post huge-ass screenshots then at least make them new ones
Wiedzmin1.jpg

Wiedzmin2.jpg

Wiedzmin4.jpg

Wiedzmin8.jpg

Wiedzmin7.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Apparently a gtx 980 4gb struggles on 'high' settings and you can set the graphics even further to 'ultra'.

kaizoku

Arcane
Since I have W1 and W2 collector's editions :popamole: I was thinking I might as well buy the CE for W3.

But I checked amazon and

Have all the physical CE sold out already?

Paul_cz

Arcane
Physical CE was sold out in about 4 hours in my country. I was online at the time so I managed to get one though.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No DRM is a good move by CDP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom