Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tytus

Arcane
CDPR's statement about the downgrade:

hdO3oDS.png

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32644-Obvious-Downgrade/page282

made

Arcane
Besides, they claimed that TW3 will be an open world and the meaning of that is specific and clear.
That they simply omitted details of that and you now suck that up as proof of their innocence just speaks about how stupid and gullible you are.
Gothic 2 - three large areas separated by loading screens. Loading screens on fast travel.
Ultima 7 SI - can't go out and explore until you finish the initial "quest".

Those are some of my favorite open world RPGs. Have I been lied to all along and these are in fact not open world RPGs at all?

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
It's a shame they're getting a kicking for unsubstantiated accusation of downgrading the game fidelity.

It still looks better than anything else I've seen. I'd prefer to be jumping on them in order to make sure they don't pull the same shit as they did with W2.. All that waffle about PC being the priority, then they release the game with a shit load of settings missing, a fucking god awful consolised UI and unable to support 16:10 PC monitors (wtf?) THAT is what I don't want a repeat of.

norolim

Arcane
My problem with Witcher bashing is that, unlike the Bioware bashing which is basically a forum tradition that unites Codexers of all creeds to make fun of romances and other obvious silliness, it comes across as some kind of petty and vindictive Eastern European grudge match (hurr loading screens)
You are exaggerating mate. You have a tendency to do that. Go back 20 pages, or so, and you'll see that most potatoes, including me try to defend the game.

meanwhileInPoland has been bashing all CDPR games (and possibly all Polish games, I didn't pay attention most of the time) furiously for as long as I can remember. And he's been inventing the most ridiculous reasons to do that, like the open world argument. He has some personal grudge with the studio or he's just a self loathing idiot potato.

Surely people have "known all along". Since when has the Witcher series ever been anything but an AAA action RPG with writing that's a bit more interesting than what the other action RPGs were offering? Come for the graphics, stay for the tits and Dethmold castration!
See, the key expression here is "action RPG". I fear Witcher 3 will not be worthy even of this label. Much of what I see and hear form CDPR recently, suggests that it will rather be an action adventure game, like Fallout 3, Skyrim or Mass Effect 2.

Don't get me wrong, I still think, it's going to be a good game. The thing is I was hoping it'd be a very good action RPG... like Gothic 2, but much better. And I don't see that happening now. So with me it's just a case of lowering my expectations... significantly.

Last edited:

hiver

Not really. You just proved to be too dumb to acknowledge the obvious. And those images represent both accordingly.
Your delusions are hardly obvious, so argument invalid.

Someone who is actually capable of constructing this:
(how would that be possible even? You have to load a game when you fire it up).
deserves nothing but being labeled as an idiot and hit over the head with a dead chicken.

You saying so without actually pointing out why means nothing, so... argument invalid.

:lol:

Maybe you should, like, learn to read before making such definitive judgements? They promised lack of loading screens while traversing the world, not when you jump between locations. That's a different thing from "one large zone possible to explore without loading screens". They didn't even promise one large, coherent space to explore and they didn't promise a game without any loading screens as well (how would that be possible even? You have to load a game when you fire it up). The disappointent comes from large assumption on the side of media and players, not from actual PR lies as far as I see it. Unless you provide an actual quote from developer that contradicts, not some lazy search engine link.

1. Where did they clearly state that there will be lack of loading screens while traversing the world - not when you jump between locations?

2. How is that different then one large zone possible to explore without loading screens? Locations are not the world? where is that clarification?

3. This:
"they didn't promise a game without any loading screens as well (how would that be possible even? You have to load a game when you fire it up)."

- is a laughable argument from absurdity strawman. And it seems you even believe it yourself too... which is just... incredible.

4. There is no disappointment about the game. I am capable of liking or disliking the game on its own merits and being split into big several zones wont matter to me as far as the quality of the game is concerned - unlike you few screaming retards who feel personally insulted by this marketing trick that the WHOLE INDUSTRY is using and you keep falling for, over and over and over again. And 99,99% of players came into this thread convinced that it will be a single open world like Skyrim. If you go back you will notice people arguing and screaming at me that "nobody said there will be separate zones!!"

So, you start your "arguments" by claiming really stupid and ridiculous false stuff, - you lie and then you want me to "convince you otherwise" or else you will proclaim "invalid argument!!"! :lol:

Well, yes, that's right! They didn't state that, so they didn't lie. No false advertising. You almost admitted it! Or actually admitted it but not in these exact words.
The fact is that most of people came into this thread thinking it will be another Skyrim and didnt even believe there will be separate zones in the game.
You would blame just the media for it?

I blame both.

But somehow you see more behind this... Sometimes things are simple and seeing them as such doesn't mean you are a simpleton.
Sometimes. But not in this case.

Really, you can't hold anyone responsible for what YOU imagined they said.
Yeah... im sure imagining this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=witcher 3 no loading screens

Look at all those articles... eh?

Who told those guys about it all? They just invented it themselves? And poor CDprojekt just couldnt stop it!! Right? It was... outta their hands man!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-...eens-Changes-Magic-Sign-Mechanic-361374.shtml

Now, the Gameplay Producer, Marek Ziemak, has talked with OnlySP about the upcoming title and how it changes quite a few things.
First up, thanks to the new RedEngine 3 technology, the new game won't have any loading screens while traversing the open world. It's unclear if the annoying loading times when entering a building will still be present, however.

Read More: The Witcher 3 Will Have No Loading Screens | http://arcadesushi.com/the-witcher-3-will-have-no-loading-screens/?trackback=tsmclip
The Witcher 3 Will Have No Loading Screens

If you’ve ever been adventuring only to have your immersion broken by an obnoxious loading screen as soon as you open a door, then you’ll be glad to know that The Witcher 3 will have absolutely no loading screens.
According to Pawel Sasko from CD Projekt, “Players will be able to traverse the world of The Witcher 3 with no load times thanks to our software and the availability of more powerful hardware by the time of release.” Since The Witcher 3 is slated for release on PC and PlayStation 4, we can only assume that those are the powerful hardware he is referencing.

http://pixelenemy.com/the-witcher-3-to-have-no-loading-screens-36-endings/

The Witcher 3 to have no loading screens, 36 endings

Talking about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, gameplay producer Marek Ziemak sat down with OnlySP to reveal quite a few nifty tidbits.

From what we saw at E3, Wild Hunt looks to be a huge and substantial world, so naturally, the question of the prevalence of loading times came up. Ziemak responded:
Thanks to new technology on RedEngine3, we were actually able to create a world without loading screens as you travel across the world. This should answer your question.

http://www.6aming.com/the-witcher-3-to-have-36-endings-and-no-loading-screens/
The Witcher 3 to have 36 Endings and No Loading Screens

The one thing preventing open-world games from being truly epic are the loading times in-between large areas or new cities. Ziemak had an answer to this. He said:

Thanks to new technology on RedEngine3, we were actually able to create a world without loading screens as you travel across the world. This should answer your question.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592591
Q: Firstly, the loading times… how prevalent will those be? Do you have any idea how long they’ll be and how often you’ll encounter them?

A: Thanks to new technology on RedEngine3, we were actually able to create a world without loading screens as you travel across the world. This should answer your question. *laughs*
*laughs*

*laughs*

*laughs*

*laughs*

- check the comments-

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...an-skyrim-30-times-the-size-of-the-witcher-2/

But in the teaser, some important information emerged. The game is huge, first of all. Built using the brand new REDengine 3, Wild Hunt boasts a world thirty times the size of its predecessor and even larger than the rather massive Skyrim. All of this without a single load screen.
So a big seamless world built using the same engine as Cyberpunk 2077, but that’s not all.

Get something that would win you a case in court.

The court of my peers? :rofl:

The court of PR?

Nobody here
There we go into telepathy of what everyone thinks...

Come up with FACTS, moron, you understand the meaning of this word?! Look up in dictionary if you don't.
I understand that a FACT is not a strawman argument. You know, something you invent yourself and then try to present as if i said it, especially not something as absurd as what you are claiming. But maybe you know better?

And don't come back unless you have some FACTS. I wish no more reading about creations of your mind that you project on the world as truth itself.
The facts are that the game was advertized as an open world game that will have no separate areas since the get go.

And you will read it and cry.

Besides, they claimed that TW3 will be an open world and the meaning of that is specific and clear.
'Besides, they promised open world and I can't into meaning of words so I imagine no loading screens. Bastards! They lied to me!'[/QUOTE]
No, not to me. Another stupid strawman argument you invented. Funny how many you create in a single post but you scream about FACTS.

Im not a fan. Ever since they claimed that TW2 will have huge open world areas in which you will be able to travel anywhere you want and especially after making deals with third party law firms to sue people who potentially illegally downloaded their game - while the whole company was built from pirating money.

All of that was previously said.

You have to load a game when you fire it up

kwqrMer.jpg

(and you could have found all that by yourself, if you only tried - ask yourself, what prevented you from doing that?)

Last edited by a moderator:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
That would be the butthurt of conformist shits and their altar boys like Infinitron and NotaGolfer and you. Cheap devolved lowest common denominator "dont ruin mah FFFUUUUNNNN!!" bethpizda drones.
Thread went to shit, still it's mildly entertaining to watch how long you can go on like this.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Calling someone a conformist is dumb because then you're just conforming to non-conformism.

...and around and around we go.

hiver

That would be the butthurt of conformist shits and their altar boys like Infinitron and NotaGolfer and you. Cheap devolved lowest common denominator "dont ruin mah FFFUUUUNNNN!!" bethpizda drones.
Thread went to shit, still it's mildly entertaining to watch how long you can go on like this.
As long as conformist shits keep trying to strawman me and as long as i am insulted for speaking what is obvious.

I really dont appreciate being then blamed for theirs and yours mental diarhea, either.

If you wnat a better thread, you go and fucking make it yourself. If you want to talk about the game itself and not hiow bad it makes you feel knowing that YET ANOTHER mass market developer and game media twisted the truth and lied to you.
Instead of complaining its not fffuuunnn enough because cretins just cant stop having their little ocds.

hiver

nah, the real question is : "I wonder how they did that... motion capture?" amirite or amiritte eh, eh? Nudge, nudge, wink wink govner, eh, EH?

RquvYn1.png

Perkel

Arcane
nah, the real question is : "I wonder how they did that... motion capture?" amirite or amiritte eh, eh? Nudge, nudge, wink wink govner, eh, EH?

Probably dudes at studio rigged with points and camera.

Perkel

Arcane

hiver

Probably dudes at studio rigged with points and camera.
Thats a nice mental picture for all fans...

dudes.. with little balls all over them...

nah, that would require too much of body adjustments. Motion capture is expensive. Someone should ask them did they use... professional ahem... performers. And how deep did that capture go?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's like a softcore Skinemax flick, except everybody has their clothes on.

Sounds more embarassing than sexy.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They used mannequins for mo-cap. Because they had to position them for every scenme, it took that long.
Strange fetish. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom