Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Nobody mentioned the rig they were showing it yet? Apparently the game was dropping below 30 fps in 1080p and high settings (not highest, there is ultra setting as well) on I7 4790K, nvidia 980...

Fucketh me!...
Are you saying that yet another witcher game will be poorly optimized????? What a surprise!!
Enhanced Edition, just saying.
That is of course graphic whoring problem.

If they can cut down the details so it can run stable low-medium on mid-range gpu it should be fine as long as it IS stable, the gameplay is interesting enough and the gameplay/story elements are polished and not truncated. In such case no Enhance Edition is necessary really (unless it is their policy to sell the game twice or thrice with Enhanced and Super-Enhanced editions - but in that case, these will be free patches for anyone that already has a copy).

I think they should go for what Crysis did in 2007 or what they did with TW2 and its uber-sampling "feature", i.e., have it clearly communicated in the settings that anything above medium is to kill your computer and "hey, you can switch it on in a few years time unless you have octa-core cpu and tri-sli/crossfireX setup ready for $3000+".

In any case, butthurt will flow and it may hurt them. Let's see if they can optimize it enough. In one of the polish previews it was mentioned that they are working on double shifts to optimize the thing, so they have like 2 months to pay their testers with potatoes to do it.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That RPS guy is a fucking asshat.
He didn't break a sweat in Dark Souls while having a difficult time in early game Witcher 2?
WTF am I reading?! :retarded:

He died multiple times in a boss fight in W3 but it didn't grab his attention?
:nocountryforshitposters:

Fights were a chore distracting him from the meaty Bioware goodness?
:x

AAAARGHHH!!!!!!!!!
:killitwithfire:

It might be the game's fault mostly, but the stuff he's writing about other games... :prosper:

hiver

Hard core gameplay... by gamespot :lol:

@ 2:04, is that the first village from Witcher 1.. it really looks like it?
No. Just another dirty peasants hovel. Same as any other dirty peasants hovel.

He didn't break a sweat in Dark Souls while having a difficult time in early game Witcher 2?
WTF am I reading?! :retarded:
A hype peddler report. Whatcha screaming abut?

W2 combat was difficult at first, because enemies hits would get you into infinite animation loop and you couldnt do anything - and that happened basically in the tutorial.
Dont you remember how much screaming there was about it? sweet delicious screaming of ... harumpf... hardcore players. or is it superhardcore now?

As for the fight with the griffin not grabbing attention... well of course, that happens when you know its all set up for you to win and when you know you can just reload and play OP character.
That crap only seems difficult if you do completely stupid things. If you follow the prompts then its a cakewalk.

Tigranes

Arcane
Meh, not bothering to check most of the hype. It'll be W2+ in almost every way, I think we all knew that. That's OK with me, I'm hoping they do improve the combat system a bit.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Nobody mentioned the rig they were showing it yet? Apparently the game was dropping below 30 fps in 1080p and high settings (not highest, there is ultra setting as well) on I7 4790K, nvidia 980...

Fucketh me!...
Are you saying that yet another witcher game will be poorly optimized????? What a surprise!!
Enhanced Edition, just saying.
That is of course graphic whoring problem.

If they can cut down the details so it can run stable low-medium on mid-range gpu it should be fine as long as it IS stable, the gameplay is interesting enough and the gameplay/story elements are polished and not truncated. In such case no Enhance Edition is necessary really (unless it is their policy to sell the game twice or thrice with Enhanced and Super-Enhanced editions - but in that case, these will be free patches for anyone that already has a copy).

I think they should go for what Crysis did in 2007 or what they did with TW2 and its uber-sampling "feature", i.e., have it clearly communicated in the settings that anything above medium is to kill your computer and "hey, you can switch it on in a few years time unless you have octa-core cpu and tri-sli/crossfireX setup ready for $3000+".

In any case, butthurt will flow and it may hurt them. Let's see if they can optimize it enough. In one of the polish previews it was mentioned that they are working on double shifts to optimize the thing, so they have like 2 months to pay their testers with potatoes to do it.
Developers already said couple of months ago that you NEED to start saving money for an upgrade. You can easily find that interview online.
W3 will be laggy as hell even on the high end pc's that I can guarantee. They made 2 games and both needed EE. I mean do you remember how long were the loading times in W1 when you were entering buildings. And don't even get me started on pre enchanced W2.

Keshik

Arcane
From the Gamespot article

As much as I loved the bear fight, during which I parried, swung, and flung fire around the opulent banquet hall, I was more intrigued by the game's gender politics as demonstrated by the quest. The series has been rightfully criticized for its heavily sexualized female characters, but The Witcher 3 seems poised to address those concerns head-on, in this case with an honest approach to the troubles women face in political circles.

Sigh. Well I guess maybe he is fishing for points to be 'enlightened' or something there.

hiver

Small inconsequential stuff to notice: Geralt and Vasimir talk to each other while being fifty meters apart while riding horses.

Cutscenes!

A hype peddler report. Whatcha screaming abut?
Guess this again showed me that I should stay the fuck away from sites like RPS, Polygon and the likes. It's just not good for your health you know.
Oh... its not good for health of various people. They just dont now it yet.

hiver

If you guys want to see something really disgusting, check the comments on witcher forums about this naked plastic geralt in a bathtub scene. which is pretty much all there is there.

i dont see why i should be the only one to suffer.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
From the Gamespot article

As much as I loved the bear fight, during which I parried, swung, and flung fire around the opulent banquet hall, I was more intrigued by the game's gender politics as demonstrated by the quest. The series has been rightfully criticized for its heavily sexualized female characters, but The Witcher 3 seems poised to address those concerns head-on, in this case with an honest approach to the troubles women face in political circles.

Sigh. Well I guess maybe he is fishing for points to be 'enlightened' or something there.
Yeah, fuck this. But then again they also add Ciri.
The-Witcher-3-Ciri.jpg

:desu::desu::desu:

Make her the next main character after Geralt I say.

The Witch 1

reintroducing: extra steamy romance cards
You don't wanna spoil the fun, believe me.
What has been seen cannot be unseen. Last warning
771B.jpg

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're describing the new anti-hoarding refillable potion mechanic.

Doesn't look like there will be a limit on the potions you can carry at once, but they're harder to create apparently? More like "permanent" powerups you accumulate throughout the game?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
They're describing the new anti-hoarding refillable potion mechanic.

Doesn't look like there will be a limit on the potions you can carry at once, but they're harder to create apparently? More like "permanent" powerups you accumulate throughout the game?

Provided that potions are rare and the newly found formulas are actually useful this time around (as opposed to sticking to 1 set of basic pots that won you the entire TW 2) that is indeed a good idea.

Cadmus

Arcane
Uh I'll just set the game to super duper hard and hope it will stay challenging for at least a few hours. Those gamespot retards obviously know shit, why did I even watch the video.

hiver

Geralts coat clips through the horse. Horses tail crates a shadow separate from horses body.

Bloom. Although not too strong.

Exclamation marks over important quest related NPCs.

Rolling that doesnt affect stamina. More stamina then you will ever need.

Bloom.

Consilized Ui.

World split into separate zones. - which are fully open :lol:

gffcIKv.jpg

SknftrX.jpg

BAZ4Bdw.jpg

VTyAR79.jpg

The Skellige Isles.

You see, one of The Witcher's 3's vast regions is an archipelago.

Fully open World!!! No Loading screens! .... - (while you are in one of the regions) psst!

The Witcher 2 also allowed you to seek loot, see footprints, and detect scents in this manner, but you can now hold a button down as long as you like to keep this special vision mode active. It's a small but subtle change that makes looking for clues a natural action rather than an annoying one. And thank goodness for that, since seeking clues related to a well-haunting ghost was all the more intriguing as a result.

An explore button!

Hold it down for awesome things to happen! A small but subtle change... (change of what?) - makes looking for clues a natural action! - thank goodness!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom