Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Murk

Arcane
Why can't CDPR be as progressive as Croteam?

They just don't take the fans' needs that seriously.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Graphics don't look as good as on the first screenshots and combat is shallow as always has been in witcher game, meh 5/10 euro trash action rpg at best, still have to wait for PoE.

Riso

Arcane
Graphics don't look as good as on the first screenshots and combat is shallow as always has been in witcher game, meh 5/10 euro trash action rpg at best, still have to wait for PoE.

You're looking at the console version, dumbass.

Old Hans

Arcane
I think the combat looks pretty good so far. It looks nice and snappy and gets the job done. I mean, if I'm going to spend 50+ hours playing this game I don't want to sit there circle strafing a drowner for 2 minutes

Tehdagah

Arcane
Fallout (...)
Not open-world (HUD world) and there's a time limit.

Also, it's hard (if not impossible) to balance open-world games properly.

The most balanced, challenging games don't have open worlds.

hiver

Not open-world (HUD world)
A what? :lol:

I meant both Fallout games too. Time limit in the first one was a bad decision that doesnt have anything to do with open world concept or design. It was a story based design decision - and not a good one, but then again - Fargo was threatening to shut down the whole deal and they had to rush it.

Also, it's hard (if not impossible) to balance open-world games properly.
Is it? Just because you say so?
Fallouts did it perfectly. You can do the same in whatever graphical form the game is.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The world is an interconnection of separate 'rooms'. Enemies can't chase you between the 'rooms'.

I meant both Fallout games too. Time limit in the first one was a bad decision that doesnt have anything to do with open world concept or design. It was a story based design decision - and not a good one, but then again - Fargo was threatening to shut down the whole deal and they had to rush it.
Well, time limit ruins the "you can go everywhere, anytime" purpose of an open-world.

Is it? Just because you say so?
Fallouts did it perfectly. You can do the same in whatever graphical form the game is.
Perfectly? Fallouts are pretty unbalanced and bugged.

hiver

Enemies cant chase you across any open world ever made.

Well, time limit ruins the "you can go everywhere, anytime" purpose of an open-world.
Not if its easily solved. Btw, "you can go everywhere, anytime" is what the open world design actually is, not how it is presented graphically - so your rather hilarious notion of a "hud game" has nothing to do with any kind of sense at all.

A ... hud game... :lol:

Perfectly? Fallouts are pretty unbalanced and bugged.
There is nothing unbalanced about them and bugs have nothing to do with the open world design.

You're looking at the console version, dumbass.
if you dont see a difference between first bullshots/trailers and recent materials you might need to visit a doctor:M
laB1wL3.jpg

Gxf7X81.jpg

hiver

What you see here is obviously a console version, played on fucking consoles with gamepads...

Lets wait and see if they have the PC version at all.

Tytus

Arcane
I hope they will delay this game again. 2020-2021 would be a good release date. Then the dowgraded next-gen console version will at least look like the bullshots they first presented.

:troll:

hiver

Seriously though, if this is the best new consoles can provide both sony and microsoft can kill themselves right now.

The lulz will never stop.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Those apologists who say 'b-but it's the conshul vershiun !!!' are pretty hilarious, it will look the same on pc and on consoles, the textures might be a level sharper on PCs but THAT'S it.

Like meanwhileinpoland posted, the first screenshots were bullshit.

Perkel

Arcane
Those apologists who say 'b-but it's the conshul vershiun !!!' are pretty hilarious, it will look the same on pc and on consoles, the textures might be a level sharper on PCs but THAT'S it.

I think you shouldn't underestimate REDs texture work.
Both TW 1 and TW 2 texture work (and art !) was outstanding.

I think it was the first game on PC that showed difference between playing something at 1280x720 compared to 1080p precisely because at 1080p and with uber (supersamplling) textures for things like armor were fucking amazing. With lower resolution you literally couldn't see detail in armors.

Sodafish

Arcane
They'll just release a speshul edishun for the PC a year later with all the bells and whistles turned back on.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

I think you shouldn't underestimate REDs texture work.
Both TW 1 and TW 2 texture work (and art !) was outstanding.

I think it was the first game on PC that showed difference between playing something at 1280x720 compared to 1080p precisely because at 1080p and with uber (supersamplling) textures for things like armor were fucking amazing. With lower resolution you literally couldn't see detail in armors.

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The real reason for the delay of W3

'Designed with mobile in mind" , " RPG-like hero progression", free2Play done right" and "fast paced matches"', the witcher how it was meant to be played
:troll:

love the comments

just cancel Witcher 3 and focus on this instead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom