Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hell bovine

Arcane
Apparently, you are going to be able to play as Ciri, but I don't know how much. They are going to fuck it up... I just know it.

How could they possibly fuck up an idea that's this bad in itself?

Really.. we get a delay and then they suddenly announce that we'll get to play some no-name that's there only to appeal to the crotch fumblers? I see no reason for a third playable character in a game I want to play about a witcher, especially not one who's sole existence is to pander.. she's in the books? I don't care, I didn't read all of the books they aren't particularly good.

Why can't we just get more stuff with Geralt, afterall that why we're all playing it isn't it? I mean.. come on.. if you are playing the witcher to play a character other than the witcher then you're playing the wrong game for the wrong reasons... a minority might want to, because they've now been told they can, but exactly who was clamouring to play some random female in a male oriented storyline before in was announced?

Seriously fuck this shit.. if they'd left it out then it wouldn't be needing a delay.
Eh, I never got through the books, but from what I recall the storyline is centered around Ciri, and I certainly wouldn't call it "male oriented". But she was still an annoying character, Yennefer was so much better.

Deleted member 7219

If we get to see Kaer Morhen again I'll be fucking ecstastic. I was annoyed as fuck to see it left out of Witcher 2. Whole point of Witcher 1 was for Geralt to recover the stolen stuff and bring it back to Kaer Morhen. All the other objectives were secondary.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Eh, I never got through the books, but from what I recall the storyline is centered around Ciri, and I certainly wouldn't call it "male oriented". But she was still an annoying character, Yennefer was so much better.

The games certainly have been male oriented, I'm not saying some females wouldn't find them interesting, but they are mainly aimed at males, and I can 'accept' yennifer as an intrinsic part of the game because she was already established.. but to bring in another female character at this point for such obvious reasons.

CDP are making some pretty bad moves lately in spite of, or maybe they think they can get away with it because of, the fans' 'goodwill', which is beginning to wilt recently.

hell bovine

Arcane

The games certainly have been male oriented, I'm not saying some females wouldn't find them interesting, but they are mainly aimed at males, and I can 'accept' yennifer as an intrinsic part of the game because she was already established.. but to bring it another female character at this point for such obvious reasons.

CDP are making some pretty bad moves lately in spite of, or maybe they think they can get away with it because of, the fans' 'goodwill', which is beginning to wilt recently.
So? She is a pretty blond girl; I play a lot of male characters just for the eye candy, just like plenty of guys play as pretty girls. Besides, from the description it sounds like she is just going to be there for some missions, I guess they are "testing the waters".

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
So? She is a pretty blond girl; I play a lot of male characters just for the eye candy, just like plenty of guys play as pretty girls. Besides, from the description it sounds like she is just going to be there for some missions, I guess they are "testing the waters".

I see nothing there that contradicts anything I've said. It merely excuses inclusion... for which I feel there are no excuses, it's simply some BS for headlines.

Darkzone

Arcane
Hope that playing Ciri is optional and not necessary. I belong to the people who cannot cross the gender barrier, because my balls are to heavy to do it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hope that playing Ciri is optional and not necessary. I belong to the people who cannot cross the gender barrier, because my balls are to heavy to do it.

There'll probably be a mod to swap her model with Geralt's.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Goddammit CDPR, stop doing this. Now I don't know who's screwing me with all this "visual downgrade" nonsense. :argh:
Screens are bullshots, only trust video and sometimes not even then.

WhiteGuts

Arcane

The games certainly have been male oriented, I'm not saying some females wouldn't find them interesting, but they are mainly aimed at males, and I can 'accept' yennifer as an intrinsic part of the game because she was already established.. but to bring in another female character at this point for such obvious reasons.

Nah, Ciri is a very important character, especially to Geralt. After the over-the-top epicness of TW2, they wanted to go back to the roots of the series, by giving Geralt a more personal quest this time around. Bringing back Ciri is a good idea.

My concerns lie elsewhere. I liked Ciri when she was younger, but then she kinda turned into a Mary Sue. I don't know what CDP wants to do with her. I'm pretty sure they won't go "muh strong womyn" Bioware style, but still. Also, if we see her doing great all by herself against the Wild Hunt, well it could end up undermining Geralt's main quest.

The prologue taking place during Ciri's training at Kaer Morhen is great. It's one of my favorite parts of the books.

Perkel

Arcane
Nah, Ciri is a very important character, especially to Geralt. After the over-the-top epicness of TW2, they wanted to go back to the roots of the series, by giving Geralt a more personal quest this time around. Bringing back Ciri is a good idea.

My concerns lie elsewhere. I liked Ciri when she was younger, but then she kinda turned into a Mary Sue. I don't know what CDP wants to do with her. I'm pretty sure they won't go "muh strong womyn" Bioware style, but still. Also, if we see her doing great all by herself against the Wild Hunt, well it could end up undermining Geralt's main quest.

The prologue taking place during Ciri's training at Kaer Morhen is great. It's one of my favorite parts of the books.

Turned ? She was outright in bandit group raiding villages.
Like i said earlier this will be probably just for tutorial in kear moren as they will show people what is witcher training and so on.

Question though is if they will do more stuff like that. I mean kear moren is just little part of books and they still have to explain people why for example nilfgard wants her or why wild hunt hunts her.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Turned ? She was outright in bandit group raiding villages.

Well yeah, I was talking about her character development from Thanned onwards.

Question though is if they will do more stuff like that. I mean kear moren is just little part of books and they still have to explain people why for example nilfgard wants her or why wild hunt hunts her.

Well the conversation you'll have with the Emperor is going to clear up a bunch of things. Regarding the Wild Hunt, well that's kinda the whole point of the game. In the last trailer, Geralt says he knows why they are chasing her.

10845890_10152605972299331_6286505242720052429_o.jpg

They nailed her hueg eyes though.

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Uh nues, mah precious maleness! Stop this pandering, CDPR!! Including the main character in your game in a minor way? Think of mah male feels, don't ruin gaem!

buzz

Arcane
Not just that, but Ciri is a lesbian as well.

I bet some brave warrior of the gaming community will dig deep and find Zoe Quinn and her cohorts tied to all of this.
DEATH TO THE SJWS! :outrage: #wearenotyourshield #gamergate​

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't see video guise, what's going on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom