Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 Released

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The DVD pressing factories aren't what they used to be.

Back in the 00s, I had difficulties a couple of times when buying box sets close to release date, and learned not to do that. Rushed order = mistakes like this.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yep. Btw, funny thing about consoles is that they are sold at a loss that gets made up for by the price of the game. That is why, historically, console games have costed $60, while PC games have costed $50 - so that Microsoft and Sony could make a profit via their licensing fee... But then publishers realized that if people were willing to pay $60 for a console game, they'd be willing to pay $60 for the same game on the PC too. So, not only are consoles making our games look crappier, they are making them more expensive too. Yeah...

:rpgcodex:

Drowed

Arcane
Well, I only buy games on holiday sales or something like that, usually years after its launch. I don't understand the need that people have to buy the game as soon as they are launched. Ffs, Witcher 1+2 were selling for $6 a while ago. I think the only game I bought in recent memory, without waiting for a few months (or years) was Underrail. But I think we can agree that it's a special case.

Well, sometimes you do want to support the developer. I bought the new GALCIV for $50 the other day. TBH, I think it's a bit dumbed down from the previous iteration, but I wanted to support the dev because they're still the only ones that make decent space strategy games that let you custom build your own ships and have RPG elements.

But crap like charging PC gamers an extra $10 when, unlike console gamers, they payed full price for all the hardware in their system makes me NOT want to support the developer. In any way. And I'm actually a fan of the Witcher series.

edit: actually, I wouldn't mind if they charged the extra $10* if it meant far better graphics on the PC...but then Microsoft would throw a fit, so we're back to square one. :/

*It's even more extra when you consider I would purchase via download and save them production, shipping, warehousing etc costs and direct from GOG saving CDPR from having to pay Steam et al a portion of the money. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeriel

Arcane
I expect a lot of the retards who shat on the kickstarters to eat this popamole shit up, especially the potatoes.

No one's going to "eat this popamole shit up", it's actually worse than Witcher 2 in most respects.

Only thing they did really well (and it's actually impressive, don't get me wrong) is making a really nice open world that avoids the generic feeling of Skyrim. It's not quite Gothic level, but its closer than we've ever seen for a game of this size.

As a side note, screw minimum requirements. I've got tw3 running on my old i7 Intel hd4000 laptop with a measly 4gb of ram. Choppy as hell, but it means I don't have to upgrade to play it.
:dance:

MasPingon

Arcane
I'm playing on ultra after last patch - i5 760, 6 gb ram, gtx760. Keira character and her quest line are A-wsame. Bloody baron also. Damn, this game is growing. PC controls are still clunky tho.

From what I could play, it sits perfectly on the throne that Gothic left empty.
More like it sits perfectly on the potty that Oblivion shat in. Instead of "all level-scaled, all the time" so exploration is largely pointless, here we have the majority of XP gated through the main quest, items that are level locked, no XP for killing monsters in a game where you play a professional monster slayer, and no NPC interaction unless you've got the relevant quest so exploration is largely pointless. The Witcher 3 is a game where you level-up by watching cut-scenes, and can proudly take it place on the podium of open world games wrecked by stupid design decisions along side such all time classics as Two Worlds 2.

GloomFrost

Arcane
As a side note, screw minimum requirements. I've got tw3 running on my old i7 Intel hd4000 laptop with a measly 4gb of ram. Choppy as hell, but it means I don't have to upgrade to play it.

OMG seriusly???? Is it playable?? Coz i m going away for a while and will only have a laptop (about same specs as yours)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Watch your words man, Two Worlds 2 with Worldmerge is p.cool game at least.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Have you tried reducing GrassDensity from 1400 to 100 or 200 in user.settings? Supposedly it can give you a decent frame rate boost. And turning sharpening on apparently makes textures on low look better without any noticeable impact on performance.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
RPG Codex new hobby, running AAA+ games on a toaster.

I guess it's a hobby like any other and makes you feel like playing post-2000/pre-2004.

MasPingon

Arcane
From what I could play, it sits perfectly on the throne that Gothic left empty.
More like it sits perfectly on the potty that Oblivion shat in. Instead of "all level-scaled, all the time" so exploration is largely pointless, here we have the majority of XP gated through the main quest, items that are level locked, no XP for killing monsters in a game where you play a professional monster slayer, and no NPC interaction unless you've got the relevant quest so exploration is largely pointless. The Witcher 3 is a game where you level-up by watching cut-scenes, and can proudly take it place on the podium of open world games wrecked by stupid design decisions along side such all time classics as Two Worlds 2.

100% certainty you didn't play the game. But eveyone can have an opinion in internet.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Minimum requirements are indeed bullshit, managed to get 30-40 FPS on my toaster (checked with Fraps). Problem is, while 30 FPS is usually enough to make the game playable for me (even an action game) it isn't in this case, Geralt controls like a drunken tumblrina. I think I'm just gonna wait till I update my rig or an enhanced edition comes out (or both).

Amerilias

Educated
yes you can run it on a toaster

11247712_1069426013072213_2194275477788340585_n.png

downgrade confirmed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom